Lawrence

Dak

Elliot

Cooper

Martin

Jaylon Smith

Tyron Smith

...And then they’re gonna pull 20mil from where?     doesn’t sound reasonable 

Right? They don't even have their starting QB signed, lol. Can you imagine in Sams contract year we traded for a safety & gave him 17-20 million? This place would explode! 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

The Jets aren’t  even sure if Darnold is for real, so slow your roll there jetster ?

You find out a lot through adversity & Sam playing behind what everyone considers one of the worst Olines in the NFL his 1st two years leads me to believe he's ascending. 11 changes on the Oline in 2019, coming back from Mono? Has any QB in the league you can remember been successful with a line so bad? David Carr was never the same. But Darnold keeps getting up, dusting himself off & improving. His numbers to end the season prove it. 

I cant wait to see this kid behind an Oline with a respectful running game and protection. Let's just say I'm very, very, optimistic. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Pac said:

Exactly 0 people have put forth said stupid argument.

untrue.  If you read NATIONAL forums, fans from all over the country are saying this is on the Jets.  THey are buying into Jamal Adams' B.S.

15 hours ago, chirorob said:

If you do that trade, he becomes a really expensive 3rd tackle.

even at $10 million, I hope they keep fant for a year.  Mekhi is a rookie and keeping Fant around for the rookie year (La'el Collins or not) would be wise 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The cowboys aren’t giving us La’el Collins.

much more realistic is a combination of Lamb and future picks. 

I’m curious why people keep bringing this up.. how is them giving us Lamb realistic?

when was the last time a team drafted a player in the first round and then traded him before even taking a snap?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Collins for JA straight up.  Any added picks would be a coup.

I'd take it a step further with Collins:  I'd give him a slight raise or guaranteed some money to make his move easier. 

When a player gets traded they should get a bump if it wasn't them asking for the move. 

Shows him we want him pretty bad and eliminates any image issues the players might have of the front office after the JA tantrum.  It also gives him some security knowing we'd be on the hook for some bonus money.

Going from Texas (no state income tax) to NJ plus cost of living increases he would deserve a bump in salary.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This has been one of the most absurd trade scenarios that people have been proposing over and over.  In no way, shape or form would the Cowboys trade Lamb without getting a massive trade package back. 

If only we had known Lamb would be available to us, I would have traded Adams for that pick alone at the trade deadline or pre-draft.  But now that the Cowboys have him they're not giving him up.

Agree this is one of those 'I can't believe he was there for us' situations at the draft.

Dallas is low for me on teams he is likely to go to in any case.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Because Jerry Jones has a hard on for Adams?

I know 33 is shooting his way out of town but if you had to choose 1 player for your team for 1 football game you'd pick Adams over La'El Collins every time. 

It has to be like Collins and 2nd.

Jerry Jones has forgotten more about football than Woody/Chris Johnson will ever know

and Yes I am aware Jones is a laughable human being at this point 

he's still a football dude and it must be nice to have a football dude in charge. Someone who actually wore a helmet and saw stars. 

by the way both guys (collins and adams) went to LSU and I can certainly see the appeal of Collins. 

That being said Adams is better and rarer and you can find right tackles next draft or whatever

the Cowboys got Collins for free basically and they can do it again

BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY FOR THE COWBOYS

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I know 33 is shooting his way out of town but if you had to choose 1 player for your team for 1 football game you'd pick Adams over La'El Collins every time. 

Jerry Jones has forgotten more about football than Woody/Chris Johnson will ever know

he's still a football dude and it must be nice to have a football dude in charge. Someone who actually wore a helmet and saw stars. 

by the way both guys (collins and adams) went to LSU and I can certainly see the appeal of Collins. 

That being said Adams is better and rarer and you can find right tackles next draft or whatever

You may be right about this, you could argue either way but yeah Adams is probably the better player.

Now apply this situation to the Jets.

1. Poor OLine talent besides Becton. Especially at Tackle.

2. 3rd Year 24 Yr Old QB poised to take the next step forward in his development.

3. Mosley and Williamson coming back which would mean less need for Adams to consistently be around the LoS.

4. Huge cap differential between Adams and Collins. Adams wants whatever absurd contract he's crying about, while Collins is cheap for now and the next few years.

I get that Adams is better and most teams in a vaccuum would take him over Collins, but this trade would make the Jets better 100%. It would help Darnold and Bell. Collins is athletic enough to fit what Gase wants in an OT.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

They would need to eat $15m when they trade Collins. His signing bonus all accelerates to this year. Perhaps the Jets can take some of that on to facilitate a trade. Or maybe they are willing to eat it this year knowing they'll have to pay Jamal the following year.

If the $15m number is true, the Jets would have to do something to grease the wheel, like maybe take on another Cowboy who they really don't want to help clear some cap space?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Who was the last big player to sign with the Cowboys because they just always wanted to be a Cowboy?

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

If the $15m number is true, the Jets would have to do something to grease the wheel, like maybe take on another Cowboy who they really don't want to help clear some cap space?

If it came down to it, the Jets could take back DE Tyrone Crawford who has a bad contract and would, iirc, give the Cowboys cap flexibility. They also get a bunch of money back from Travis Frederick’s retiring

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Which player helps Darnold more? That's the question that really needs to be answered.  The Jets will win or lose depending on how Darnold plays,  not Adams. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who was the last big player to sign with the Cowboys because they just always wanted to be a Cowboy?

Amari Cooper, Demarcus Lawrence and Ezekiel Elliott certainly didn't give Jerry a hometown discount.  Nor is Dak.  

I dunno wtf Bit has been talking about lately.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

For what it’s worth, over on the Cowboys reddit page not one person said they’d trade Collins for Jamal. However, all you need is for Jerry to say yes lol

This is what cracks me up about Adams. He's like the Twitter King so he's got to know what's being said in Public in regard to trade scenarios & he thinks he's so great and a dawg but the vast majority of Cowboy fans don't want to trade Collins for him ?.  I mean seriously Adams created this persona that he's the greatest safety to Bless the NFL with his talents but football fans all say the same thing......A SAFETY? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is what cracks me up about Adams. He's like the Twitter King so he's got to know what's being said in Public in regard to trade scenarios & he thinks he's so great and a dawg but the vast majority of Cowboy fans don't want to trade Collins for him ?.  I mean seriously Adams created this persona that he's the greatest safety to Bless the NFL with his talents but football fans all say the same thing......A SAFETY? 

Jamal ‘Risky’ Adams

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Jamal ‘Risky’ Adams

The people that bought the hype were the TV announcers ?. I would sit down to watch the Jets & the 1st time Adams would make a tackle it was like, "Jamal Adams is the real deal folks, this kid is one of the best", and I'm sitting there like, it was a 3 yard run & he made a tackle, did I miss something here? 

2 of his biggest plays were against stupid rookie QBs. Adams is a GOOD player, but he's hyped himself up so much it's ridiculous! Like someone else said, just because you run up after a play & with exaggerated clapping doesn't make you a Superstar. The guy self promotes constantly & he should thanking his lucky stars he didn't have to face Gronk 2 times a year IN HIS PRIME! 

• Upvote 2

Really interesting how JD plays this.  Seems like he's doing all the needed due diligence.  If the package coming back is strong he takes it.  If the package coming back is weak he shows it directly to Adams.  No lose.  No reason to panic.  This situation will play itself out and with an adult in the room we can actually leverage an asset that hasn't helped us win squat.  JD is no fool.  Adams can be doing us all a solid with his antics.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

The people that bought the hype were the TV announcers ?. I would sit down to watch the Jets & the 1st time Adams would make a tackle it was like, "Jamal Adams is the real deal folks, this kid is one of the best", and I'm sitting there like, it was a 3 yard run & he made a tackle, did I miss something here? 

2 of his biggest plays were against stupid rookie QBs. Adams is a GOOD player, but he's hyped himself up so much it's ridiculous! Like someone else said, just because you run up after a play & with exaggerated clapping doesn't make you a Superstar. The guy self promotes constantly & he should thanking his lucky stars he didn't have to face Gronk 2 times a year IN HIS PRIME! 

I think Adams’ all time play was his INT in the pro bowl. What an amazing play ? A trick play, WR option/pass. What incredible insight. A fluttering pass, nowhere near its target, falls helplessly into his hands. I mean I’ve seen 10 year olds throw better deep passes. Verdict: MVP of the game. I mean the pro bowl is such a sheet show who else they giving it to?  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This has been one of the most absurd trade scenarios that people have been proposing over and over.  In no way, shape or form would the Cowboys trade Lamb without getting a massive trade package back. 

If only we had known Lamb would be available to us, I would have traded Adams for that pick alone at the trade deadline or pre-draft.  But now that the Cowboys have him they're not giving him up.

Lamb has never played a down in the NFL.  They would be getting one of the top defensive players in the NFL on the backend.  Lamb could be a total bust.  At least with Collins you know you are getting a productive player.  If the Jets traded Jamal for Lamb Dallas would have to sweeten the pot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I’m curious why people keep bringing this up.. how is them giving us Lamb realistic?

when was the last time a team drafted a player in the first round and then traded him before even taking a snap?

Because 1) trading Lamb involves none of the salary cap implications of trading Collins 2) the cowboys already have Cooper and Gallup at WR. If they trade Collins they lose their starting RT

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Because 1) trading Lamb involves none of the salary cap implications of trading Collins 2) the cowboys already have Cooper and Gallup at WR. If they trade Collins they lose their starting RT

Ok, then we want Lamb & Collins and they get Edoga. ?.

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The chances of the Cowboys trading Lamb for Adams is the same as the Cowboys trading Lamb for you.   Some of you guys are comical with these trade scenarios.   

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, Jetster said:

^This.  Not one Cowboy fan on a couple of message boards wants Adams instead of Collins.  A very quick N-O by them.  

Adams and Jets fans way overestimate Adams value.  

In the end, he is a strong safety and it always comes back to that sticking point and it always will.  Just not worth it compared to more valuable positions.  

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Lamb has never played a down in the NFL.  They would be getting one of the top defensive players in the NFL on the backend.  Lamb could be a total bust.  At least with Collins you know you are getting a productive player.  If the Jets traded Jamal for Lamb Dallas would have to sweeten the pot. 

COULD be a total bust?  And what if he's not?  They'll have traded a cheap young WR1 under team control for 5 years for a SS they need to pay up to $20M a year.

The unknown, Lamb's talent, exceeds the known quantity on this one.  Especially since there's no way Jones would  have ever thought Lamb would fall to Dallas at that pick slot. 

They're not trading him.  Especially not for Jamal f**kin Adams.