Tony Pauline on the Jets-Adams drama.

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

hard to say how this will play out.  if adams is that disgruntled then moving him isn't the worst thing and getting a top right tackle in return would be somewhat fair.  the question is does adams think he deserves 20 million per season or have his salary renegotiated before his contract runs out?  having such lofty salary goals is simply unrealistic.  getting an early renegotiation isn't.  so then the question is will douglas entertain a renegotiation or has he shut the door?

Adams has shut the door

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hopefully this will squash some of the stupid arguments out there that suggest this is all the Jets' fault and Adams is a victim in all of this.  

It won't, but a guy can hope.  

It wont. People have such a hard on for Gase that they're actually trusting Manish's sources all of a sudden.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

The Jets aren’t  even sure if Darnold is for real, so slow your roll there jetster ?

He seems to do damn good with just a bit of time. Who was more important, Damien Woody or a safety? 
Send him to Dallas & watch Dak hold out ?.That would be awesome! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

If Douglas were to trade Adams to Dallas and get Collins + a pick I'd name my first born after him...

not quite as impressive as it sounds because you get 2 naming choices, not the usual 1

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Collins and Lamb for Adams and our 2nd round pick in next year's draft. 

Dallas wouldn’t consider it unless you added our 1st round pick in addition to the 2nd. Even then they probably wouldn’t give up Lamb.

Jeez, your prior post was so good, then you post this right below it? ?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Better question.....If they traded Collins, who's the RT for their $32M QB and $100M RB?

Pay attention big guy, we got the sites amateur GMs hard at work here.

We’re lol giving lol them lol Edoga lol and lol we’re lol getting lol Lamb lol also)

• Haha 3

I'd love Collins for Adams straight. The problem might be that the Cowboys may take a bad cap hit by trading Collins, from what I've read. So, they might be unwilling to do the deal, or perhaps THEY might want a sweetener or to include a salary for the Jets to pick up.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheClashFan said:

I'd love Collins for Adams straight. The problem might be that the Cowboys may take a bad cap hit by trading Collins, from what I've read. So, they might be unwilling to do the deal, or perhaps THEY might want a sweetener or to include a salary for the Jets to pick up.

They would gain $1.5 million in cap space this year with $3.5 million in dead money and save $8.5 million next year with $3.5 million in dead money.   

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

They would gain $1.5 million in cap space this year with $3.5 million in dead money and save $8.5 million next year with $3.5 million in dead money.   

They would need to eat $15m when they trade Collins. His signing bonus all accelerates to this year. Perhaps the Jets can take some of that on to facilitate a trade. Or maybe they are willing to eat it this year knowing they'll have to pay Jamal the following year.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm cool with Collins for Adams straight up. 

Jets trade for Collins, next year's OL will be: Becton (LT) Clark (LG) McGovern (C) Edoga (RG) Collins (RT)

That's a top 10 OL in the NFL. 

So Edoga, who struggled as a rookie with his overall strength is going to move inside where strength is more important and unseat Greg Van Roten, sure - great idea

So Edoga, who struggled as a rookie with his overall strength is going to move inside where strength is more important and unseat Greg Van Roten, sure - great idea

Edoga has to get stronger no matter where he plays, but he is in his early 20s and, this may be news to you, young men can get stronger as they grow older and participate in professional strength and conditioning programs. Your sarcasm meter also missed the part where I said next year’s lineup, which would be Edoga’s third season in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

An Adams for Collins trade would put the offense in position to possibly be set through 2022 when McGovern turns 30 and his contract is up.

Becton - Lewis/Cameron Clarke - McGovern - GVR/any veteran - Collins is a young OL with a lot of upside with minimal overall investment until Becton (hopefully) needs a big contract. 

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Edoga has to get stronger no matter where he plays, but he is in his early 20s and, this may be news to you, young men can get stronger as they grow older and participate in professional strength and conditioning programs. Your sarcasm meter also missed the part where I said next year’s lineup, which would be Edoga’s third season in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he can get stronger and I hope he does so he can fill the role of swing tackle for the rest of his contract and/or become our RT if Fant doesnt work out.

Edoga's strengths are his movement skills in space and athleticism to handle speed rushers, so I just dont see the skill set to move him to guard where he would go up against more strong/stout DTs and have less opportunity to use his athleticism.  

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Yes he can get stronger and I hope he does so he can fill the role of swing tackle for the rest of his contract and/or become our RT if Fant doesnt work out.

Edoga's strengths are his movement skills in space and athleticism to handle speed rushers, so I just dont see the skill set to move him to guard where he would go up against more strong/stout DTs and have less opportunity to use his athleticism.  

If Edoga pans out he’s a Jeremy Zittah type who gives you decent depth at multiple positions 

I’m hoping Fant works out

15 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Lol at this turning into another amateur GM fest for the Cheeto eating youtube highlight watching crowd.

The deal proposed in the article was Collins for Adams... gimme a break with the “I also want Lamb and a 1st” nonsense. And are we really going toget Gallup by adding trash like Edoga?

Please, can we save that nonsense for your WFAN calls?

Pauline is again throwing shade at Becton with this garbage nonsense.  He had a meltdown over Becton on draft night