Ashtyn Davis highlights

He's not a big hitter but that won't be were he shows his value. Davis is going to be really good at playing deep zone and tracking footballs. Maye is also good at this but lacks the speed that Ashtyn has. Expect Jets interception totals to go up with Davis playing FS. It's a shame because Davis and Adams would have complimented eachother perfectly. Oh well, Maye and Davis will do just fine.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

He's not a big hitter but that won't be were he shows his value. Davis is going to be really good at playing deep zone and tracking footballs. Maye is also good at this but lacks the speed that Ashtyn has. Expect Jets interception totals to go up with Davis playing FS. It's a shame because Davis and Adams would have complimented eachother perfectly. Oh well, Maye and Davis will do just fine.

Well, Davis is a a true Free Safety, a ball Hawk, Maye is really a Strong Safety. If Mosley and Williamson are fit, Mr Adams won’t me missed. Ed Reed was a true Free safety. A game changer, Adams is a box Safety.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I don't think Adams ever wanted to play with Davis. He would get exposed in coverage. People forget that we literally lost ALL of our LBs last year, it was crazy. 

Adams got to play A LOT around the LOS because of this. So let's say Douglas doesn't trade Avery Williamson, and you also have CJ Mosely returning, you don't need Adams now in the box. 

As soon as Adams heard the Jets drafted Ashtyn Davis the writing was on the wall that his BIG PAYDAY would be put on the back burner until we find out what we have in Davis. And why not? Adams is still under contract & on his rookie deal. AND......Douglas has added a lot more talent to this team.

Ronnie Lott was a GREAT PLAYER, but Montana was straw that stirred the 49ers drink. You could say Charles Haley was also more important rushing the passer. Lott finished with the Jets sadly & Haley went to Dallas and helped them win Super Bowls. 

20 million to a safety is utterly ridiculous. How many free agent safeties have been available each year? Many. Adams is closer to a Hybrid LB, Davis is closer to a hybrid CB. Which is more important in today's NFL? I would take Devin McCourty in his PRIME over Jamal Adams. And so would Bill Belichick. Devin was one of the defensive players that Belichick green lighted to be PAID. I keep repeating myself but if Mosely didn't get hurt, you would not have heard Adams name as much last year. Mosely does EVERYTHING Adams can do around the LOS, is consistently rated by his peers as a top 5 LB, and before being injured lets his play do the talking. So his return eliminates 75% of what Adams is best at. Davis & Maye make up the other 25% playing in coverage. 

Personally im 100% in on trading Adams at this point. Would it have been awesome to watch him play again for the Jets? Of course, but no player outside of a top 10 QB is worth the distraction that is Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Personally im 100% in on trading Adams at this point. Would it have been awesome to watch him play again for the Jets? Of course, but no player outside of a top 10 QB is worth the distraction that is Jamal Adams. 

You made many excellent points in your post but the key thing you missed was the fact that Adams was a very effective interchangeable piece.  

No, he will not replace Top 5 LB play but the fact that he was the key disruptive force on a top ten defense means something and removing him will adversely  impact the Jets.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

37 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No, he will not replace Top 5 LB play but the fact that he was the key disruptive force on a top ten defense means something and removing him will adversely  impact the Jets.   

Our pass defense was like #15th. Considering Jamal Adams is a safety..I don’t really see the same impact next year when Pro Bowl MLB, CJ Mosley is back and healthy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

You made many excellent points in your post but the key thing you missed was the fact that Adams was a very effective interchangeable piece.  

I made my case with the return of Mosely & Williamson and the addition of Davis. The % of a decrease in the defenses abilities with the loss of Adams but adding Mosely, Williams & Davis is Negligable. 

And let me add that if in fact they could get Collins the % of improvement of our Oline would FAR outweigh any loss on defense. Scoring points helps a defense. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Our pass defense was like #15th. Considering Jamal Adams is a safety..I don’t really see the same impact next year when Pro Bowl MLB, CJ Mosley is back and healthy.

Jamal impacted our entire defense not just the pass ratings.  Williams is not saying Jamal is a HOF player for nothing but we will see..

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I made my case with the return of Mosely & Williamson and the addition of Davis. The % of a decrease in the defenses abilities with the loss of Adams but adding Mosely, Williams & Davis is Negligable. 

And let me add that if in fact they could get Collins the % of improvement of our Oline would FAR outweigh any loss on defense. Scoring points helps a defense. 

I don't disagree that those players are excellent and will be impactful when they return, but I don't think that they take the place of what  Greg Williams has described HOF play in Jamal Adams..

But we will see..

Let's Go Jets....

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jamal impacted our entire defense not just the pass ratings.  Williams is not saying Jamal is a HOF player for nothing but we will see..

Jamal had to play different positions because our linebackers were out, CB. That’s why he impacted the defense in multiple ways. There’s no doubt that he does have nice play recognition but that’s exactly how he winds up blowing assignments sometimes too. He’s a little rouge out there. 

I just don’t think he’ll have the same results when our LB Corp is out there doing what Jamal happens to do well. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I didn't notice any dancing or self promoting celebrations...

Dude was a walk on; he started out on ST and had to fight for everything got.  Dude is humble and grateful. In fact he is the Anti-Adams and I am rooting like crazy for him.  

• Upvote 3