SAME GASE, SAME RESULTS...

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/25/former-coach-adam-gase-proving-dolphins-right-in-new-york/

"his inability to take responsibility for any shortcomings only outdone by his stubbornness with offensive game planning and his ability to effectively communicate with his football players."

", Gase had alienated some of the team’s most productive players and best offensive weapons in WR Jarvis Landry and RB Jay Ajayi — both were traded to accommodate Gase as the coach and try to help him deliver his message to the rest of the locker room."

"Adams is a former top selection and one of the rising defensive stars in football, but he wants out of New York just eight months after claiming he wished to be a “Jet for life”.

"What happened? Adams’ desire to play for New York has reportedly soured thanks to Adam Gase’s presence as the head coach. He’s apparently not alone, either."

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/25/former-coach-adam-gase-proving-dolphins-right-in-new-york/

"his inability to take responsibility for any shortcomings only outdone by his stubbornness with offensive game planning and his ability to effectively communicate with his football players."

", Gase had alienated some of the team’s most productive players and best offensive weapons in WR Jarvis Landry and RB Jay Ajayi — both were traded to accommodate Gase as the coach and try to help him deliver his message to the rest of the locker room."

"Adams is a former top selection and one of the rising defensive stars in football, but he wants out of New York just eight months after claiming he wished to be a “Jet for life”.

"What happened? Adams’ desire to play for New York has reportedly soured thanks to Adam Gase’s presence as the head coach. He’s apparently not alone, either."

gase better do better

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Lols at people who think Gase is involved with or cares about the defense.  

When Gase was hired he said he wanted him Greg Williams to be the head coach of the defense.  Everybody was so happy about that and now those same people are using it against him.  You can't make this sh*t up. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Gase took the worst roster in the league last year and started 1-7 while losing 3 of those games without his starting QB. He finished 6-2, finished 7-9 on the season while his young QB took a humongous leap the last 8 games all with having an average running game and the worst offensive line in the NFL.  He still has a ton to prove but if you can't see the really positive things that happened last year then you just don't want to.

Before Douglas and Gase got here this team and organization were led by pussies who let the players do what they wanted and it showed on the field.  Im happy Gase and Douglas give no sh*ts about a players stature and treat everybody the same.  Guys like Landry and Adams are butthurt bc Gase won't blow them like others have done their entire lives. 

People know that Adams is being a bitch and Gase has nothing to do with it, but this is illustrative of the larger Gase problem—because he makes no effort to get people to like him, it makes it easy for the local media to blame Gase for literally anything because he’s an easy mark. In the end, it matters if Manish, Francesa, etc view you favorably because 90% of the fanbase are casual fans who only check in when there’s a Big Story, like this Adams one, and they want the easy villain

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

People know that Adams is being a bitch and Gase has nothing to do with it, but this is illustrative of the larger Gase problem—because he makes no effort to get people to like him, it makes it easy for the local media to blame Gase for literally anything because he’s an easy mark. In the end, it matters if Manish, Francesa, etc view you favorably because 90% of the fanbase are casual fans who only check in when there’s a Big Story, like this Adams one, and they want the easy villain

Also the majority of the fans value the individual player over the team which is such a ridiculous thing to me. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

lol just knew it the excuse mongers for a phoney tool of a player in adams are coming up quick.

The blame for the Adams thing will go in this order.

- Gase because he drives players away.

- Douglas because he is a rookie GM who does not know you need to lock up your all pros.

- The owners for not pressing the above to to accommodate your star.

- The NY Jets because, lol jets

- The dastardly fans for driving away their 'best player'

The one who will get no blame is the phoney, malcontent, overrated player trying to force his way out a year after crying like a newborn over his name being mentioned in trade talks when the team controls him for 3 more years.

I'm on record as not liking Gase as a coach, simply because his side of the ball he is a big fail in his coaching career.  I don;t think he says boo to Adams because Williams runs the defense.

Gase is an a$$hole.

Adam's is an a$$hole. 

These statements can both be true simultaneously.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Also the majority of the fans value the individual player over the team which is such a ridiculous thing to me. 

I always wanted to do a man on the street style thing where we would interview Jets fans and ask them what Jamal Adams’ stats were last season just to see how far they’d overshoot them. I’m guessing the average answer would be 120 tackles and five INTs, at least

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

@SAR I is turning over in his future grave. Get ready for a meltdown. 

Over what?  That’s old news, that’s the narrative out of Miami that Eyeore’s have been queefing for a year.  

Gase finished 6-2 after 1-7. That’s the tell that we’re in fine shape at HC.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Right, and a lot of people prior to the season were saying it was a 6 win roster, but all of a sudden the Jets should have been in the playoffs. All of the Jets drafting, FA, and general roster miscues from the last decade don't seem to matter as people ignore the glaring context (dismissed as excuses) and judge Gase in a vacuum. Gase may turn out to be a crappy coach, but I don't think most people aren't being objective at all. I have nothing invested in Gase (other than the hope of success which I have with every coach in their first couple years) whereas it seems others have their pride invested in seeing him fail.

Bingo

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins were 5-11 last season and the media jerked them off because their head coach is a tough-talkin’ Belichick acolyte. They drafted a tiny QB with a degenerative hip and will likely go 6-10 this year while that beat to sh*t QB develops. Jamal Adams is a ******* a$$hole who would have burned literally any coach alive right now to get to the Cowboys and get his money. Making this a Gase thing is willful ignorance and defiantly stupid. 

You feel a little too strongly about this for me to trust you.

Not a fan of AG's PC, lack of adjustments (may have been caused by lack of talent) or that the O was ranked last last year which fuels the fire that he sucks as an OC/PC... but you need to keep in mind and give the man his due because he kept he team together when it certainly could have imploded @ 1-7 and then went 6-2 to finish 7-9.  

In my mind,  there should be no baked in excuses this year.  I realize that the OL needs time to gel as well as, SAM and the WR/TEs  to get in sync but they can be not competitive and not be at a min an average scoring team.  

Essentially, as far as I am concerned --- the only thing that matters now is that the team is competitive and can execute AG scheme... if they don't and they are still at the bottom of the league in scoring, then maybe he is not the answer. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Gase took the worst roster in the league last year and started 1-7 while losing 3 of those games without his starting QB. He finished 6-2, finished 7-9 on the season while his young QB took a humongous leap the last 8 games all with having an average running game and the worst offensive line in the NFL.  He still has a ton to prove but if you can't see the really positive things that happened last year then you just don't want to.

Before Douglas and Gase got here this team and organization were led by pussies who let the players do what they wanted and it showed on the field.  Im happy Gase and Douglas give no sh*ts about a players stature and treat everybody the same.  Guys like Landry and Adams are butthurt bc Gase won't blow them like others have done their entire lives. 

right.  and that missing 3 games is deceiving too because it takes some time to recover from mono to full strength and i'd be willing to bet he wasn't in top game form during the buffalo game.  you simply can't judge how good of a head coach will be based on the one season with the jets and the 3 seasons with the doltfins.  he's had his starting qb for 16 games only once in 4 seasons.

and i really don't care what clowns like landry say.  he's a good player but he also has quite an attitude.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

i'm not sure that's actually a problem unless gase needs maneesh or fatcessa to help the jets win.  last time i saw, both of those guys aren't on the roster and have never, ever been associated with the jets organization in any capacity.  all they can do is stir up the fan base, some with way more basis than others.  all gase has to do is get a winning team on the field.  the clowns will still b**ch but it will be why they were only 11-5 instead of 12-4

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't need some Dolphins mega-homer to tell me Adam Gase is a turd of a head coach. Prove me wrong Gase. This would be like posting an article by nico002 to illustrate how Darnold is a top 3 NFL QB.

All Dolphin writers and fans feel the same way about Gase,  you should trademark mega-homer. LMFAO

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You should make that your morning alarm.  You know, so you don't forget.

The season didn't end at 0-4 (fire Gase!) and it didn't end at 1-7 (fire Gase!).  The season ended on a 6-2 run and the Jets finished exactly where the experts and majority of JN thought they would end-  7-9.

And, by the way, that forecast was 7-9 perfectly healthy.  Gase did it perfectly injured.  You should be excited to think about what we might have been if we were perfectly healthy.  I'm thinking 10-6 and the Bills wildcard.  And I think I'm right.

SAR I

Gase sucks 

• Post of the Week 1

Dolphin and Jets fans hate of Gase is at worst anecdotal evidence that Gase is likely a really good HC.  I've been 50/50 on Gase being a step in the right direction.   Ross firing him is a huge positive for him.  The Jets hiring him is a huge negative.  

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I always wanted to do a man on the street style thing where we would interview Jets fans and ask them what Jamal Adams’ stats were last season just to see how far they’d overshoot them. I’m guessing the average answer would be 120 tackles and five INTs, at least

Adams’ Madden preseason 2019 stats

• Haha 2