Gase: "I want Jamal on our team"

14 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Speaking from left side of my mouth - Gase doesn't even try to get people to like him.

Speaking from the right side of my mouth - He is just saying that to get Jamal to like him. 

3rd option:  He's saying exactly what Williams said in order to preserve Adams' trade value.

Trashing Adams would only make them look bad and ultimately hurt the organization.  

Pretty much no matter what Adams says he has the ability to gain the upper hand in the PR battle and get people to feel bad for him.  The Jets' side of things doesn't have that luxury.  They have to say and do all the right things, and will still get ripped for it.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

3rd option:  He's saying exactly what Williams said in order to preserve Adams' trade value.

Trashing Adams would only make them look bad and ultimately hurt the organization.  

Exactly.  What are they going to say?  "We're really trying to get rid of this guy.  Offer us a Long Snapper and a 2023 4th Round pick and he's yours" ?

All of this talk is simply to convey that the coaches want Adams and the price should be high to pry him out of Gregg Williams' hands.  Probably sets up some classic good cop (coaches)/bad cop (GM) situations with potential trade partners....

Douglas to another GM:  "I'm not saying that Jamal is unavailable but the coaches here love him and Gregg Williams is designing a defense around this guy.  It will take a LOT for me to say yes and then have to break the news to this coaching staff that I just took away their best player."

• Upvote 3

Well that is a pretty basic response even from those of us that are not fans of Adams.

We want him on the team, playing under his existing contract for two more years.

We will listen to trade offers.

I'd rather have him on the team than holding out.  Despite what I think of him.

• Upvote 4

i don't see what so surprising about gase wanting adams on the team.  adams helps the team win and that's the coach's main agenda.  oh gase made noise about signing bell because the money was high but just maybe it's because he knew bell wasn't the type of back he wanted.  the gm does the contracts and the player negotiations specifically to take that influence away from the coach/player relationship.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty much no matter what Adams says he has the ability to gain the upper hand in the PR battle and get people to feel bad for him.  The Jets' side of things doesn't have that luxury.  They have to say and do all the right things, and will still get ripped for it.

I mean what’s Gase supposed to say?

Gase: Jamal’s the best thing that’s happened to football since Knute Rockne. 
or 

Gase: Jamal’s more hype than the DeLoreon. 
or

Gase: yea I want him on the team.

Gase may play along for awhile but sooner or later this will get old. Gase don’t play. Just ask Macc.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.  What are they going to say?  "We're really trying to get rid of this guy.  Offer us a Long Snapper and a 2023 4th Round pick and he's yours" ?

All of this talk is simply to convey that the coaches want Adams and the price should be high to pry him out of Gregg Williams' hands.  Probably sets up some classic good cop (coaches)/bad cop (GM) situations with potential trade partners....

Douglas to another GM:  "I'm not saying that Jamal is unavailable but the coaches here love him and Gregg Williams is designing a defense around this guy.  It will take a LOT for me to say yes and then have to break the news to this coaching staff that I just took away their best player."

To which Jerry Jones replies, “cool story Joe, you’re still not getting more than a 2nd and a future 4th.”

Reporter: Do you want Jamal Adams on the roster?

Rex: I ain’t here to kiss Belichick’s rings. 

Reporter: What about Jamal Adams?

Rex: Hey guys, we don’t have Revis in this building right now. Does it matter that Revis is not here? Goddamn, he’s pretty f*cking good.

Reporter: Yeah but, Rex, what about Jamal Adams?

Rex: Let’s go eat a goddamn snack!

Reporter: Rex? Rex? Re...Re......F*cking moron!

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dream on. 

Or theyre just saying what we all know, theyre a better team with Jamal.

No matter how many different ways some on the internet type something different.  

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well that is a pretty basic response even from those of us that are not fans of Adams.

We want him on the team, playing under his existing contract for two more years.

We will listen to trade offers.

I'd rather have him on the team than holding out.  Despite what I think of him.

Actually its a response you haven't come close to in two years.