Bob Ross

Whenever I watch him paint, it is amazing at just how simple he makes it look. His wide variety of brushes and blades are used in ways that I would have never guessed were possible.

His passion for the different colors were evident as well. Things were never just black or white. He would say things like, “Let’s take a little midnight black, mix it with the dark sienna....................next let’s get the van dyke brown and the titanium white.....................”.

Bob once said, “We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news.”

In these crazy times we are in, it’s nice to be able to escape occasionally into the soothing world of Bob Ross. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I wasn't aware that Bob Ross had nbeen a drug addict with some serious issues before art saved him.

Where did you read that?  Art helped him get through his military tenure and his return to civilian life.  I wasn't aware of any drug issues.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I wasn't aware that Bob Ross had nbeen a drug addict with some serious issues before art saved him.

I've heard that a lot of bad addictions and life tragedies have been overcome by people who turned to creative outlets like art.

Sounds like Jets fans need to pick up a paint brush.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Where did you read that?  Art helped him get through his military tenure and his return to civilian life.  I wasn't aware of any drug issues.

Yes Im aware of the military too but was told, didn't read, about the drug issues. DOn't really know if true.  My wife assumed it true too.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes Im aware of the military too but was told, didn't read, about the drug issues. DOn't really know if true.  My wife assumed it true too.

I think that was just rumored.  I couldn't find anything about any drug issues.  Just pure speculation, likely spurred on by his calm, peaceful demeanor on camera.