Jump to content

How Jamal Adams reads plays BEFORE they happen


Recommended Posts

Doesn’t even get into the fact that he’s only entering his 4th year. “One of the 10 best  players in the NFL”! Really? Not 10 best defensive players but “10 Best Players” overall! This guy’s nuts. 
 

Arguably the best player on our team.... no doubt. Deserving of a 2nd contract... yes. Deserving of a 5 year / $75m deal with $45m guaranteed..... I think so. But only after this season ends. Be a team leader on a top 5 defense and the vault opens with glee.
 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Doesn’t even get into the fact that he’s only entering his 4th year. “One of the 10 best  players in the NFL”! Really? Not 10 best defensive players but “10 Best Players” overall! This guy’s nuts. 
 

Arguably the best player on our team.... no doubt. Deserving of a 2nd contract... yes. Deserving of a 5 year / $75m deal with $45m guaranteed..... I think so. But only after this season ends. Be a team leader on a top 5 defense and the vault opens with glee.
 

I started a thread a week or two ago saying that the Jets should offer him a $60M, 4 year deal with $40M guaranteed.

I think he would rather have a 4 year deal than a 5 year deal, since the money for a safety would probably go up in 3 or 4 years, and he would still be young enough to get a great deal after that time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Doesn’t even get into the fact that he’s only entering his 4th year. “One of the 10 best  players in the NFL”! Really? Not 10 best defensive players but “10 Best Players” overall! This guy’s nuts. 
 

Arguably the best player on our team.... no doubt. Deserving of a 2nd contract... yes. Deserving of a 5 year / $75m deal with $45m guaranteed..... I think so. But only after this season ends. Be a team leader on a top 5 defense and the vault opens with glee.
 

i wouldn't go so far with the 15 million/year but he does deserve to be paid like one of the top safeties in the game today.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alka said:

I started a thread a week or two ago saying that the Jets should offer him a $60M, 4 year deal with $40M guaranteed.

I think he would rather have a 4 year deal than a 5 year deal, since the money for a safety would probably go up in 3 or 4 years, and he would still be young enough to get a great deal after that time.

My psychic powers predict this post will receive numerous thumb downs. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You’d think a psychic safety would have more than one pick and seven PDs.

The sad part is you know in your heart of hearts that JD wants to make Jamal the highest paid S in the league but simply can't do it this offseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why can’t he do it this offseason? 

A) It sets a bad precedent 

B ) Cap uncertainty going forward

C) Jamal initiated a stare down for some reason and JD can't be the one to blink

 

There was a very slim chance Adams could get his contract this year but he idiotically picked a fight with the organization in the middle of a pandemic when it's no lock we'll even have a season.  He would have been wrong to do this in a normal year but to do it when millions are out of work and people are dying is a bad, bad look.  I can separate the fact that Jamal is one of the best defenders in the league but also looks like a douche the last couple weeks.

End of the day if the Jets get a 1st and a 2nd then maybe he gets traded otherwise he'll play this year and get his mega contract a year from now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pac said:

A) It sets a bad precedent 

B ) Cap uncertainty going forward

C) Jamal initiated a stare down for some reason and JD can't be the one to blink

 

There was a very slim chance Adams could get his contract this year but he idiotically picked a fight with the organization in the middle of a pandemic when it's no lock we'll even have a season.  He would have been wrong to do this in a normal year but to do it when millions are out of work and people are dying is a bad, bad look.  I can separate the fact that Jamal is one of the best defenders in the league but also looks like a douche the last couple weeks.

End of the day if the Jets get a 1st and a 2nd then maybe he gets traded otherwise he'll play this year and get his mega contract a year from now.

I agree that this is the likely outcome, but as a matter of principle, I’d get him off the team yesterday. He’s simply not worth the drama and the formulation I’d use is that the return for Jamal (2021 first, additional pick, a free $16mm annual slot to use on someone else) is preferable to paying a player that wants to be on the Cowboys anyway. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pac said:

The sad part is you know in your heart of hearts that JD wants to make Jamal the highest paid S in the league but simply can't do it this offseason. 

I know you do.... I hope JD doesn't I'd lose a modicum of respect for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want Jamal to be a Jet for life. With that said he NEEDS to wait his turn. It will send an awful precedence for future Jets in similar situation down the road. I hope JD stands firm. And does absolutely nothing. He doesn’t need too. Jamal is not going to sit out and risk getting fined a boat load of money. His agent is really fckn it up for him. He does deserve to get paid like one of the top safeties in the league. But not now. I also do not want to trade him either.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...