Cam Newton to Patriots (MERGED 4x)

Knew he'd end up here. I'm also excited about the fact that this signing ensures that the dynasty is over and they'll likely not win another Superbowl for many decades. A true sign of desperation by BB and Kraft. A true cancerous signing that makes me down right giddy. Go Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

Anyone who thought the Pats would try to tank this year was fooling themselves. 

Cam may well be toast and Stidham may still win the starting job.  But in any instance there's no way Belichick is willing to sit through a 4-12 season at his age.  And despite their losses on defense, they're still very good on that side of the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Knew he'd end up here. I'm also excited about the fact that this signing ensures that the dynasty is over and they'll likely not win another Superbowl for many decades. A true sign of desperation by BB and Kraft. A true cancerous signing that makes me down right giddy. Go Jets.

What are you even talking about? They just upgraded their QB position a year after coming off 12 wins 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

I’ve been trying to figure how Belichick would ever get 9 or 10 wins out of that roster this season. If nothing else, this shows he isn’t giving up on the ‘20 season.

Not sure how much Newton will contribute right away, but I can see him stepping in for Stidham (or Hoyer) if he falters, and taking them on a run to the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What are you even talking about? They just upgraded their QB position a year after coming off 12 wins 

Thats your opinion. Newton is far from an mvp candidate anymore. If he is, why was he cut by the Panthers? Dude is an overrated locker room cancer and has been for the last 4 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Haha he sucks now. If not wouldn't have been cut by the team he took to the Superbowl 5 years ago.
He was injured a lot, couldn't get cleared and has a new coach.

Don't sleep in Cam, he'll have something to prove and will have a good team around him making him look better than he really is.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Great, the one ******* year the Patriots suck they go out and get a former MVP qb cause the Panthers are incompetent. Watch, Newton will win comeback player of the year with Belichick winning coach of the year as the media jerks them off over how genius the Patriots are.

Teddy Bridgewater > Cam Newton right now.  The Panthers aren't to blame for other teams' failures to sign Cam.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Teddy Bridgewater > Cam Newton right now.  The Panthers aren't to blame for other teams' failures to sign Cam.

I fear him not, he hurts his own team in more ways than just bad passes. Bad attitude mostly....

• Upvote 2