JetsFanatic

Cam Newton to Patriots (MERGED 4x)

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Recorded for future use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I’ll bet you a case of beer that Sam has a better year than Cam. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Did you guys watch any of Cams last games? Rotator cuff injuries don't get BETTER with age, ask Chad Pennington. The guy has had a foot problem for a while now, so taking off & running like when he was 23 is detrimental to his health. And, he's never been super accurate from the pocket. 

QBs don't sit as long as this guy did in this league as free agents after being released unless they're damaged goods. That Pats team is also relying on some old players like Edelman (34) & McCourty (33). These are their veteran leaders that might not make it through the season. 

No QB sets the table as well as Brady & no QB goes through their reads quicker than TB. That was always a huge part of his success. He was playing Chess while other QBs were playing checkers. His awareness to EVERYTHING going on around him was ridiculous, and he was the most clutch QB EVER in crunch time. Everyone forgets that Brady gave the Patriots THE LEAD vs the Giants & the defense faultered, and if Wes Welker was an inch taller they win that Super Bowl to as it was an excellent throw. 

Sorry folks, Cam Newton at 31 is no Tom Brady 43. 

Did you see what happened when Plunkett and Doug Williams sat got healthy and got a chance when they were done to play on a good team with a good HC?  

Cam Newton is going to play for the Pats not the Panthers.  I wouldn't be shocked if Cam plays great for 1 or 2 years with the Pats.  TBD...

• Upvote 1

I fear he takes the NEP deep into the playoffs and then signs a multi year deal with them.

Cmon............Have you forgotten?  We are Jets fans. Green DNA. This sh!t is preordained.

The thing is the Patriots success is based on team play staying in position and following a game plan. If he can adapt and accept this it's a great signing. Most but not all players who go there fit in the thing is can he? On paper it puts them again as the favorite in the AFC East.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Would you say Cam Newton is better than Jarrett Stidham? Would you also say those who think Stidham IS the starter are nuts? Lol

23 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Would you say Cam Newton is better than Jarrett Stidham? Would you also say those who think Stidham IS the starter are nuts? Lol

Cam is toast. Was never a passer but got away with it because of his legs and big arm. Now he has neither. 

But yeah, he's still better than Stidham. So he's got that going for him.

11 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Cam gives off the Bruce Jenner vibe

He would look like Serena Williams.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Did you guys watch any of Cams last games? Rotator cuff injuries don't get BETTER with age, ask Chad Pennington. The guy has had a foot problem for a while now, so taking off & running like when he was 23 is detrimental to his health. And, he's never been super accurate from the pocket. 

QBs don't sit as long as this guy did in this league as free agents after being released unless they're damaged goods. That Pats team is also relying on some old players like Edelman (34) & McCourty (33). These are their veteran leaders that might not make it through the season. 

No QB sets the table as well as Brady & no QB goes through their reads quicker than TB. That was always a huge part of his success. He was playing Chess while other QBs were playing checkers. His awareness to EVERYTHING going on around him was ridiculous, and he was the most clutch QB EVER in crunch time. Everyone forgets that Brady gave the Patriots THE LEAD vs the Giants & the defense faultered, and if Wes Welker was an inch taller they win that Super Bowl to as it was an excellent throw. 

This.

I'll add one point: he'll be cut before the season starts. His signing was meant to distract everyone from discussing the punitive measures taken against the patriots.

I don't see this move working out for the Patriots. Newton will really struggle IMO with the Patriot way of doing things, and he's just not a fit for their offense at all as it is. I doubt NE is going to completely overhaul their offense to suit Cam who in reality is not even able to do Can things himself. I think it is more likely for Cam to be a late camp cut than to be the starter of the Patriots next year. Sometimes QBs are just not effective after a certain point and Cam is past that point. Even if he does play chances of him playing a full season are close to zero.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

....or maybe, “would you say” let’s wait and see how it plays out?

Do the Pats go with the older guy with the rotator cuff problem who was cut by a bad team, or give a shot to the 24 year old guy they drafted who sat and learned their offense watching the GOAT, and whom their OC knows well?

I think the only people who are “nuts” are the ones who say they know, when in fact, they really don’t know.

From Bleacher Reports Winners and Losers of the Cam Signing:

Loser:  AFC East

While Patriots fans should feel a jolt of optimism, the entire AFC East goes on notice.

The Buffalo Bills' pathway to an AFC East title automatically becomes more difficult as the Patriots upgrade at quarterback. The division rivals competed in two tight contests last year, but New England came out on top despite Brady's struggles. He threw for 421 yards, one touchdown and an interception in those contests.   

In 2020, the Patriots don’t play the Bills until Week 8 and then again in what could be a crucial Week 16 Monday Night Football matchup. Assuming Newton makes a steady recovery, he'll play in both games, giving Buffalo a lot to prepare for.

The New York Jets and Miami Dolphins could've become surprise contenders in the AFC, vying for the top spot in the division. Now, both teams seem destined for third- and fourth-place finishes with the Patriots and Bills battling for the No. 1 slot.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Besides the injuries the other thing is Cam’s game was heavily dependent on his physical abilities.  He’s older and beat up and no longer has those abilities at least to the extent he had 3-4 years ago 

14 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Do the Pats go with the older guy with the rotator cuff problem who was cut by a bad team, or give a shot to the 24 year old guy they drafted who sat and learned their offense watching the GOAT, and whom their OC knows well?

I think the only people who are “nuts” are the ones who say they know, when in fact, they really don’t know.

Let’s be honest the pats signed Newton for 2 reasons which have nothing to do with football:

1. divert attention from their penalty for getting caught cheating again 

2. prevent the inevitable media inquiry as to why they won’t sign Kaepernick but are starting Brian Hoyer 

• Upvote 1

20 Years of an offensive system based on precision passing, pick plays, precision timing, rule bending, and outright cheating. Wide Receivers purposefully selected not for their size or speed, but for their ability to set picks and run precision underneath crossing routes.....and people think Cam Newton and his erratic passing and tempestuous,  emotional nature will be a good fit for New England? LOL. Sure. OK. 

This isn't a wayward Wide receiver who just needs structure around him, or an underrated LB/DE Bellichick brings in to be an on field leader. This is the guy who will need to run the offense on the field. Cams best days were based on heavy RPO/Single read throwing, and power running. He's broken now. His days of running effectively are done. One bad hit, or one awkward cut, and he's crying at another press conference....most likely sporting a Top Hat, ascot, smoking jacket, and wearing purple goggles. 

I was out driving earlier and heard the NFL Radio sycophants hyping Cam and praising the Cam signing (Nothing about yet another significant punishment for cheating, of course). These are the same ass lickers who have told us for years that guys like Michael Bishop, Jacoby Brissett,  Matt Cassel,  and up to 3 days ago, Jared Stidham, would be poised to be Franchise QBs as soon as given an opportunity.  LOL. 

This is a desperation move, and is Tom Bradys last laugh at a guy he probably hates. He drove out Garoppolo, and at first opportunity,  ran out of town. Belichick's success was tied to Brady running that precision system, being able to manipulate games in real time. 

Cam Newton? Yeah. I'm shaking in my boots. I hope he does start, he's good enough for 8-8. Time for the Pats "fanbase" to experience the  limbo most teams get stuck in. The limbo of Mediocrity.  

Can't wait to see that fair weather, racist "fanbase" that didn't even exist 20 years ago evaporate. 

Let the hate and asterisks flow.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s be honest the pats signed Newton for 2 reasons which have nothing to do with football:

1. divert attention from their penalty for getting caught cheating again 

2. prevent the inevitable media inquiry as to why they won’t sign Kaepernick but are starting Brian Hoyer 

Ha ha..yea thats it..like BB has ever been the coach to care or let his team care about "outside" noise.

14 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Lmao desperate scrub move 

Jets Fans: Pounded like an inmate on a life sentence by the Patriots for 20 years. Annually convinced the recent "changes" and "hardships" is surely the end of the Dynasty.... Annually wind up with egg on their face.

Also jets Fans in 2020: yea what a loser franchise, Newton will totally backfire

Riiiiight.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cam Newton? Yeah. I'm shaking in my boots. I hope he does start, he's good enough for 8-8. Time for the Pats "fanbase" to experience the  limbo most teams get stuck in. The limbo of Mediocrity.  

What's confusing about my post. You should be shaking in your boots. How many times does BB & co have to prove a point before homerism takes a back seat.

Until we've beaten them and taken the AFCE torch, maybe some of you should table this kind of fodder.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What's confusing about my post. You should be shaking in your boots. How many times does BB & co have to prove a point before homerism takes a back seat.

Until we've beaten them and taken the AFCE torch, maybe some of you should table this kind of fodder.

LOLZ. What? I didn't even realize I was talking to you....

Didn't read any of your posts in this thread, so, narcissist much?

• Upvote 1

My issue with the Pats signing Cam is that he is the anti-Brady. Who was Brady? He was safe, accurate, he protected the football, made great reads, and lacked mobility or a huge arm. Cam is the exact opposite. He has a rifle and is extremely mobile, but he lacks accuracy and turns the ball over a ton. How does a team bring in a polar opposite of a QB and not have to change the system or go through an adjustment period? 

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOLZ. What? I didn't even realize I was talking to you....

Didn't read any of your posts in this thread, so, narcissist much?

Put the Lolz away and use your head please. 

I said "what's to be confused about"

Jet Engine is confused.jpg

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Put the Lolz away and use your head please. 

I said "what's to be confused about"

Jet Engine is confused.jpg

iron man eye roll GIF

Didnt even notice that was your post... Just reacted to a retarded post in a spare moment on the sh*tter. 

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cam is toast. Was never a passer but got away with it because of his legs and big arm. Now he has neither. 

But yeah, he's still better than Stidham. So he's got that going for him.

Did you watch Vinny in 1997 the year before he came to the Jets.   He was awful.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

iron man eye roll GIF

Didnt even notice that was your post... Just reacted to a retarded post in a spare moment on the sh*tter. 

Ah yes,  retarded because the Pats have made a habit out of crushing our dreams. 

Totally. 

My bad, I'll go hang up my shaking boots on and get out me overalls. 

16 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

He was injured a lot, couldn't get cleared and has a new coach.

Don't sleep in Cam, he'll have something to prove and will have a good team around him making him look better than he really is.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

The Pats won 11 games with Matt Cassel at the helm. I believe that the system is much more important than anyone on this team. Before the season, people had the Pats dethroned for the past 2 decades. I hate this move because I know that it will work for them. 

I never counted the Patriots out. I always thought that was foolishness. They were never, ever going to tank for Trevor. They were always going to be in the thick of it in the still weak AFCe. This news doesn't really move the needle for me, though. I never loved Newton, and he definitely has some significant health issues. I think the Pats only signed him when they did was to cover that they got caught cheating again. Otherwise, I think they would've waited it out longer. Not like anyone was knocking down Cam's door. 

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Cam even on his last leg is better than that stiff Jarrett Stidham.

Stiffham is lucky if he wins the backup job. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is the Patriots success is based on team play staying in position and following a game plan. If he can adapt and accept this it's a great signing. Most but not all players who go there fit in the thing is can he? On paper it puts them again as the favorite in the AFC East.

No it was based on the GOAT Brady being able to pick apart everyone and refs looking the other way when the pats overtly cheated