Lot K Tailgaters

Jets Letter to Season Ticketholders

Dear Mr.  

We hope you and your family are finding ways to enjoy the beginning of summer. As we prepare for the upcoming NFL season, we thank you for your patience and support while we address the uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. 

As previously shared, we continue to monitor the public health situation and work with government agencies, along with the League office, to provide you updates regarding the 2020-21 season and the overall gameday experience at MetLife Stadium. We anticipate, and are prepared to implement, Stadium protocols in order to protect the health and safety of our fans, players, and staff. While we remain optimistic about hosting games at MetLife Stadium this season, details around capacity remain uncertain and we are preparing for various contingencies. We will share new information as it becomes available. 

Below are current options regarding your season ticket subscription for the upcoming season due to possible concerns you may have regarding COVID-19. These options will remain available to you if future governmental, NFL, or Stadium protocols related to COVID-19 impact or limit our ability to host such games (which we will communicate as we learn more). Please note that the following options apply as a courtesy for the 2020-21 NFL season only:
  • 2020 Season Ticket Payment Deferral: For accounts enrolled in a payment plan, we will again be deferring your next season ticket payment, which was previously scheduled for July. You may also continue to make payments on your account. For those that have previously elected this option, you will be charged as scheduled in July.

• Deferment or Refund of 2020 Season Ticket Subscription:If you prefer not to use your tickets for the 2020 season, you may defer your subscription to the 2021 season and apply any previous payment made for 2020 as a credit towards your 2021 season tickets. Alternatively, you may choose to receive a refund and will have the option to renew your season tickets for 2021. In either instance, your seat location for the 2021 season will be reserved.

• Deferment of Next Scheduled PSL Payment: If you are a PSL account holder currently on an installment plan and you elect either to defer your 2020 season ticket payments to 2021 or request a refund, you also will have the option to defer your current PSL installment payment due in November 2020 to November 2021 with no additional charges (all other PSL rights and obligations will remain unchanged).

IMPORTANT: Please click HERE no later than Friday, July 17and log on to your Jets Account Manager to defer your 2020 season ticket subscription or your PSL payment to 2021, or to request a full refund of your 2020 season ticket subscription. Choose the option you are electing for the upcoming season and complete all required information. To make a payment towards your 2020 season tickets, please contact a Jets Representative at 800-469-JETS (5387). 

Other than as described in this notice, all other ticket Terms and Conditions will remain the same. If you have any questions, please contact your Jets Representative directly, call us at 800-469-JETS (5387) or email service@newyorkjets.com. 

Please continue to stay safe and healthy. We will get through this together. 

Sincerely,
The New York Jets
  • Upvote 2

I’m leaning toward taking a refund but I’m still not totally sure.  I turn 40 in a few weeks and have had season tickets in my name since I was 11 so basically all I’ve known every fall is attending Jets home games.  I’ve been able to accept most of my life not being normal these days but having a hard time accepting no games.  Most of my tailgate crew plans to take the refund and in all honesty I just don’t see it happening.  I’m definitely not deciding until July 17th.  

• Upvote 1

I’m waiting to see how things go for MLB.  They have the best chance of getting a season in.  If they can’t make it happen all sports are finished for 2020.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Then don’t bother.  MLB is going to collapse.  Oldest rosters of any sport, overweight and out of shape players everywhere, coaches are sedentary old men, not a sport used to wearing face masks, rosters with ethnicities statistically being hit the hardest, slow paced and prolonged contact at the plate and on base, it’s got everything going against it. 

NHL has a chance due to existing use of face guards, a realistic quarantine, and a less needy group of players.  Hockey players are underpaid hard workers, tough nosed, disciplined, smart, and well-conditioned.  Coaches skate in practice every day too.

If I were a betting man, I’d say this is the running order for a possible season in 2020:

NHL
NFL
NBA
MLB 

SAR I

I’m looking at chance of infection and not how their body handles infection.  If a player in any sport is infected it’s going to be at least a 14 day quarantine even if they are asymptomatic.  

NBA and NHL are indoors.  MLB is outdoors and it seems like players will be spaced out in the stands when they are not on the field.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company