Lot K Tailgaters

Jets Letter to Season Ticketholders

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

I agree.  Here's my thinking:  By giving a July 17 deadline for the opt-out they are going to see who remains and where they are seated and that's exactly where you need to start if you're going to consider a socially distanced stadium.

For the sake of argument, let's say 70% of the fans opt out on July 17.  That means the Jets know exactly who is attending and where they are sitting, two critical datapoints.  They can then determine who is in a safe spot (they stay in their existing seats) and move people around and away from each other (they get relocated to seats nearby).  If they have too many people in a given section, they tell them they can't attend all games or offer them a spot in the upper deck.  If they have too few people, they can offer very specific groups of 2/3/4 seats to the public.

I guess for the NFL to come up with a social distancing strategy it starts by finding out how many people actually want to go and the Jets will know that on July 17.

SAR I

NJ just stopped indoor dining this week.  I really don't see any chance fans are in attendance at games this year.

You have September and October at best, then Nov \ Dec even if things are good flu season is going to send everyone into a panic.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, SAR I said:

You’re probably right.  Not to mention the whole league could be shut down if a team or two has a significant outbreak, and the potential blame for putting players at risk if heaven forbid a player or coach dies. 

Maybe it’s just best that all leagues take the year off.  

SAR I

There is risk there no doubt. Baseball will be a good test. They play every day. If they can make it through the season without a major outbreak football should be fine.

I am having a hard time on the tickets though. Still might pay just in case, it would be rough for me not being there if that was an option.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company