Lot K Tailgaters

Jets Letter to Season Ticketholders

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

nicely played.

jetschamps.jpg

It's happening, and while its still not something I'm comfortable with in July it may very well be that in January I'll be out and about and the anger of some pretzel-eater in my seats for our first home playoff game in 18 years would be more dangerous to my health than the burping and farting and droplets raining down on me from the upper deck. 

If I keep my seats I get the option to decide on attending the playoff game.  Methinks I'm going to keep that option open.

SAR I

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

On the off chance the Jets do make the playoffs and we're in a post-pandemic world next January then I'd just buy game tickets on the secondary market.

coseats.jpg

Ah, but there won’t be a secondary market. 

If fans are allowed to attend games it will surely be in a reduced capacity, I’d be surprised if they let 20,000 people in with spreading out 6 feet at the sides as well as front and back.  

Would be the hottest ticket in New York. First Jets playoff home game in 18 years and 18,000 seats, not 82,500. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just spoke to the Jets, there are a few wrinkles:

Deadlines:  July 17 is not an end-all date for making a final decision.  The Jets aren't going to start selling our seats out from under us until such time that the seating policies are announced.  For me, I can't make a decision because I don't know if they will only be allowing 18,000 fans socially distanced (I'd go) or 80,000 fans as usual (I won't go) so without that I'm in limbo.  The Jets are allowing for this assuming the NFL makes a decision on fans before the preseason which is common sense.  So I'm going to let the July 17 deadline pass without taking any action as I can opt out later in the summer.

Opt Back In:  If you decide to opt-out you can still opt back in at a later date.  Not sure what that date is, not sure if that's prior to opening day or the first preseason game, but no decisions are irreversible.  The Jets understand its a fluid situation.

Playoffs:  If you pass on season tickets for this season you cannot get your seats for the playoffs  should the Jets make it.  Playoff seats would go to those season ticket holder who kept their tickets and those who bought them a-la-carte once the Jets put them up for sale.  

That's what I know.  If I hear anything else I'll post it here.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Thanks for the info, but there zero chance they’re cramming 80K into the stadium this season. 

I agree.  Here's my thinking:  By giving a July 17 deadline for the opt-out they are going to see who remains and where they are seated and that's exactly where you need to start if you're going to consider a socially distanced stadium.

For the sake of argument, let's say 70% of the fans opt out on July 17.  That means the Jets know exactly who is attending and where they are sitting, two critical datapoints.  They can then determine who is in a safe spot (they stay in their existing seats) and move people around and away from each other (they get relocated to seats nearby).  If they have too many people in a given section, they tell them they can't attend all games or offer them a spot in the upper deck.  If they have too few people, they can offer very specific groups of 2/3/4 seats to the public.

I guess for the NFL to come up with a social distancing strategy it starts by finding out how many people actually want to go and the Jets will know that on July 17.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

NJ just stopped indoor dining this week.  I really don't see any chance fans are in attendance at games this year.

You have September and October at best, then Nov \ Dec even if things are good flu season is going to send everyone into a panic.

You’re probably right.  Not to mention the whole league could be shut down if a team or two has a significant outbreak, and the potential blame for putting players at risk if heaven forbid a player or coach dies. 

Maybe it’s just best that all leagues take the year off.  

SAR I

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’m waiting to see how things go for MLB.  They have the best chance of getting a season in.  If they can’t make it happen all sports are finished for 2020.  

Then don’t bother.  MLB is going to collapse.  Oldest rosters of any sport, overweight and out of shape players everywhere, coaches are sedentary old men, not a sport used to wearing face masks, rosters with ethnicities statistically being hit the hardest, slow paced and prolonged contact at the plate and on base, it’s got everything going against it. 

NHL has a chance due to existing use of face guards, a realistic quarantine, and a less needy group of players.  Hockey players are underpaid hard workers, tough nosed, disciplined, smart, and well-conditioned.  Coaches skate in practice every day too.

If I were a betting man, I’d say this is the running order for a possible season in 2020:

NHL
NFL
NBA
MLB 

SAR I

46 minutes ago, Lil O said:

Would love for the value of my PSL to increase.  Fingers crossed 

If MetLife is socially distanced for the next few years a PSL will be the only way to get into the stadium.  So, yeah, I can see fans wanting to see Darnold take the MVP and the Jets host the AFC Championship Game and picking up PSL's to a stadium that still has 20 years left on the clock as a way to guarantee that.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

LOL

There are 18,000 Jets fans with PSL's.  People like me who wrote checks to the Jets with 3 or 4 seats.  And we have all the good locations in the stadium.  And it's been tough times for the team.

So when the Jets turn the corner, and Sam Darnold is one of the best QB's in the AFC, and we win the division for the first time, and it's clear that we've got 5-10 years of great football on the horizon, guess what?

There are 5,000,000 Jets fans out there.  And only 18,000 of 'em get to have the great seats.  Cha-ching.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

And most of them are not stupid enough to buy a PSL .

There is nothing stupid about a PSL. Mine cost $16,000.  Chump change.  Got me off the waitlist and in the exact seats I wanted at some old timers expense.  Awesome. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

$16000.00 is not CHUMP CHANGE to most Jet fans .

Well, it is to me, so perhaps you should be calling other Jets fans "stupid".

SAR I

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There is risk there no doubt. Baseball will be a good test. They play every day. If they can make it through the season without a major outbreak football should be fine.

I am having a hard time on the tickets though. Still might pay just in case, it would be rough for me not being there if that was an option.

Same here.  The brain wants one thing, the heart wants another.  And I know we're going to have a memorable season, too.  If we were headed for 5-11 there would be no question.  But with 10-6 right there for the taking, it's tough.

SAR I

36 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Even if we do play a season, I can't see STHs hell bent to get into the stadium until there is a rock solid vaccine that has already been administered to the masses.  And fans are going to wait a couple months to make sure the vaccine is legit.

It's like the predicament the restaurants are in.  When the respective govs open up indoor dining, do you think the masses are going to flock to restaurants to eat indoors?  I don't think so.

Tickets on the secondary market are going to be very cost effective.

There will be no problem to get a ticket to a Jet's game on the cheap if you want to go.

To me it's a no brainer to take a year off.  And another thing, part of the game day experience is to be in a packed house rooting for our team.  Don't know if I want to be in the stands during a game that resembles a socially distant gallery that looks like one you'd see at an unpopular tennis match.

I’m not missing the AFC Championship Game. 

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company