Jamal Adams "Keep it Playa"

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You might want to rethink this. It was worse.  Namath quit on his team over a bar

There is nothing all that unique about a player wanting money.  

wanting money is one thing.

being a loud mouthed bitch who can't shut up. ever. is another.

this dude needs to shut the **** up already.

we are sick and tired of his pussy bullsh*t.

**** this guy.

**** his sorry little soft ass.

So we have a few translations of this vague tweet:

- 'Keep it, playa' ... insinuating that Jamal has, in fact, received an offer from Joe Douglas and told him to stick it

- 'Keep it playa' ... the playa's version of 'keep it gangsta', perhaps Adams is trying to one-up Sammy D in the mono department

- 'Keep it playa' ... a nice Spanglish twist where Jamal is telling everybody that he will be quarantining at the beach for the foreseeable future

I can't wait to see how this one shakes out. Stay tuned!

14 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

wanting money is one thing.

being a loud mouthed bitch who can't shut up. ever. is another.

this dude needs to shut the **** up already.

we are sick and tired of his pussy bullsh*t.

**** this guy.

**** his sorry little soft ass.

None of this has to do with what Namath said, the tantrum he took and what he even went out and did when he quit on the team.  Had teammates ripping him for it.  Of course it all worked itself out when cooler heads prevailed.  I remember it well

This is just a rehab of the 20 or so pages of posts saying the same thing.

We'll see how this plays out.  I honestly could care less at this point.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

None of this has to do with what Namath said, the tantrum he took and what he even went out and did when he quit on the team.  Had teammates ripping him for it.  Of course it all worked itself out when cooler heads prevailed.  I remember it well

This is just a rehab of the 20 or so pages of posts saying the same thing.

We'll see how this plays out.  I honestly could care less at this point.

I don't "remember it well"...I was born in 1985.

In the Jets’ recent history, what first round picks were extended with big long-term contracts?  Keyshawn, Abraham and Revis come to mind-the Johnsons had no interest in giving those players big money-they were traded.  Wilkerson got a big extension, and look how that ended up.   

The Jets would much rather write checks for Trumaine, Mosley, etc. than extend their own players, particularly after a player makes noise.  

But Jamal’s value is really to a team that wants him to play under his contract.  

In this environment, I just don’t see how a team writes a big check, particularly for a safety.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely.

Two can play that game; Jamal isn't going anywhere.  He owes us more than we owe him.  We invested in and created an environment for his talent to thrive in.  Time for him to pay us back.  We get him for a few more affordable years.  Then he can do what he wants.  Until then, take away the "C" and make him earn it back or just let him ride the pine until he knows what's what.

SAR I

This is a GREAT post, dude. Absolutely. 

If hes wearing that Captains patch on his uniform after all this, we'll know being a Captain on this team is just as meaningless as when Rex assigned it to Holmes. 

12 hours ago, varjet said:

In the Jets’ recent history, what first round picks were extended with big long-term contracts?  Keyshawn, Abraham and Revis come to mind-the Johnsons had no interest in giving those players big money-they were traded.  Wilkerson got a big extension, and look how that ended up.   

The Jets would much rather write checks for Trumaine, Mosley, etc. than extend their own players, particularly after a player makes noise.  

But Jamal’s value is really to a team that wants him to play under his contract.  

In this environment, I just don’t see how a team writes a big check, particularly for a safety.  

Bingo