Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

AFC East/Jets "intel" from Casserly (lol)

7 hours ago, derp said:

Harvey Langi is his locked in starter at OLB. Huh.

I was just about to post this.  Welcome to the Wild, Wonderful, Wacky World of Charley Casserly.  I know they supposedly liked Langi and he had some knee issues that may have slowed him, but he played less snaps than Jenkins, Basham, WIllis and a bunch of others.  He played something like 8% of the defensive snaps, only 2% in the wins, and he only played more than 10 defensive snaps once after week three and didn't play any after week 10.  Seems like a sure bet starter.  FWIW, I honestly thought he was another ILB type.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, slats said:

Also, if they're keeping Zuniga at DE, that could signal a lot more 4-3 this season. 

Which could also lean more towards Willis. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Brian Flores should have been a Coach of the Year candidate last year.

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

With that roster and Fitzgarbage?  I’m shocked he won 5 games

Was he supposed to?  Weren't they supposed to be tanking? 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Front offices tank.  Coaches and players don't.  Flores maximized what little talent he had on the roster.  

i don't disagree.  I was just pointing out that, if they are anything like us, in 3 years on FinsFanFever, or whatever it is called, there will be people bemoaning those five meaningless wins in a season that was over well before halfway. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, derp said:

Good stuff. They certainly do seem to like him and by all means he could start since OLB is very up in the air as he was trying to point out, but man what a strange thing to (unintentionally) be very definitive about. 

And I thought he was another ILB type too. Williams obviously moves guys around quite a bit so I think he plays both, but he jumped out more there.

Coming out he was an OLB/DE, but I think he weighed 250.  Some expected him to be moved to "off-ball LB"  which I mostly consider ILB.  Mostly he is a special teamer, but the Pats actually played him with his hand in the dirt.  Thing is, he was an older rookie (a Maccagnan speciality) in 2017 because he went to Utah and spent time on a mission. 

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  But we all know he's # 3 there and will remain in that spot for 2020.  So it only makes sense that they trade him elsewhere for whatever they can get.  

The problem is that very few teams need a new # 2 QB at this point.  The Rams (John Wolford - 2018 UDFA / Bryce Perkins - 2020 UDFA / Josh Love - 2020 UDFA) and Titans (Logan Woodside - 2018 7th rounder / Cole McDonald - 2020 7th rounder) are the only teams I can think of that could use an upgrade there.

I suppose they'll just wait until a team suffers a QB injury before looking to deal him.

The trouble with seeing him as a #2 is that nobody wants a douche-y wannabe starter as their #2.  Guys that will cause the public to cry for them to start are a problem.  That has limited options for Tebow, Kaepernick, Cutler, and Cam Newton.  That and the injury kept Flacco unsigned until he made a statement about being happy to be a backup.  Add to that Rosen's douche face/attitude makes him someone most/all teams would avoid without a major overhaul.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company