Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

AFC East/Jets "intel" from Casserly (lol)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  So either the top QB prospect or elite EDGE prospect.  Tua may well work out and those 2 could easily bust, but there are big red flags attached to Tua that just weren't really there for Burrow.

I have to believe Dolphins fans, if they aren't already, will bemoan the team's strong 2nd half of the season.  Those wins don't carry over, and it's not like they were developing a young QB.  

They should have probably just thrown Josh Rosen under center to sink or swim.

Good post. I still think Rosen is going to be good. I honestly think that unless he is hurt, if they give him a fair shot, he would beat out both Fitz and Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good post. I still think Rosen is going to be good. I honestly think that unless he is hurt, if they give him a fair shot, he would beat out both Fitz and Tua.

Yep.  But we all know he's # 3 there and will remain in that spot for 2020.  So it only makes sense that they trade him elsewhere for whatever they can get.  

The problem is that very few teams need a new # 2 QB at this point.  The Rams (John Wolford - 2018 UDFA / Bryce Perkins - 2020 UDFA / Josh Love - 2020 UDFA) and Titans (Logan Woodside - 2018 7th rounder / Cole McDonald - 2020 7th rounder) are the only teams I can think of that could use an upgrade there.

I suppose they'll just wait until a team suffers a QB injury before looking to deal him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good post. I still think Rosen is going to be good. I honestly think that unless he is hurt, if they give him a fair shot, he would beat out both Fitz and Tua.

The fish wish you were an NFL GM. 

Dude's been dealt a bad hand, but he's done nothing to help himself. The fish tried to give him the job but he couldn't hold onto it. They're obviously done with him, and are just waiting on a trade offer or letting him walk after the season, hoping he figures into the lower end of the comp pick formula. 

I wouldn't count on him beating out Hackenberg, personally. He will have made over $17M when this contract is up. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's out of the league at this time next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, derp said:

Good stuff. They certainly do seem to like him and by all means he could start since OLB is very up in the air as he was trying to point out, but man what a strange thing to (unintentionally) be very definitive about. 

And I thought he was another ILB type too. Williams obviously moves guys around quite a bit so I think he plays both, but he jumped out more there.

Coming out he was an OLB/DE, but I think he weighed 250.  Some expected him to be moved to "off-ball LB"  which I mostly consider ILB.  Mostly he is a special teamer, but the Pats actually played him with his hand in the dirt.  Thing is, he was an older rookie (a Maccagnan speciality) in 2017 because he went to Utah and spent time on a mission. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about mailing it in. Casserly or Kiper it is pretty much a tossup who is worse at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  But we all know he's # 3 there and will remain in that spot for 2020.  So it only makes sense that they trade him elsewhere for whatever they can get.  

The problem is that very few teams need a new # 2 QB at this point.  The Rams (John Wolford - 2018 UDFA / Bryce Perkins - 2020 UDFA / Josh Love - 2020 UDFA) and Titans (Logan Woodside - 2018 7th rounder / Cole McDonald - 2020 7th rounder) are the only teams I can think of that could use an upgrade there.

I suppose they'll just wait until a team suffers a QB injury before looking to deal him.

The trouble with seeing him as a #2 is that nobody wants a douche-y wannabe starter as their #2.  Guys that will cause the public to cry for them to start are a problem.  That has limited options for Tebow, Kaepernick, Cutler, and Cam Newton.  That and the injury kept Flacco unsigned until he made a statement about being happy to be a backup.  Add to that Rosen's douche face/attitude makes him someone most/all teams would avoid without a major overhaul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The trouble with seeing him as a #2 is that nobody wants a douche-y wannabe starter as their #2.  Guys that will cause the public to cry for them to start are a problem.  That has limited options for Tebow, Kaepernick, Cutler, and Cam Newton.  That and the injury kept Flacco unsigned until he made a statement about being happy to be a backup.  Add to that Rosen's douche face/attitude makes him someone most/all teams would avoid without a major overhaul.

Has Rosen been causing problems by operating as a # 2/3 though?  I haven't heard much from him.  He's irrelevant so I suppose its easy to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...