Sign in to follow this  
Jet_Engine1

No more Mr. Fat guy....

Good for you ! I did some 3 day fasts while I trained for marathons. Helped me run a few negative split races. Just watch for ketones. That happens when your body starts breaking down muscle. Usually bad breath is an indicator. Good luck going forward.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Good for you ! I did some 3 day fasts while I trained for marathons. Helped me run a few negative split races. Just watch for ketones. That happens when your body starts breaking down muscle. Usually bad breath is an indicator. Good luck going forward.

*fat

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kick ass, brother. ****in’ A

Going to be 50 next year....with a 12 and 9 year old. 

Do or Die.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do or Die.

Have a 1 year old and another on the way. Turned 34 a few weeks ago and am fairly overweight. My kids are the only thing keeping me from eating junk food daily - otherwise I'd be drowning in doritos and cookies. But I've been working 85+ hour weeks from home these months past few months of quarantine so I haven't been able to exercise. Everyday I tell myself I'm going to, and every night I beat myself up over not doing so. Still, I know that in time, I'll get myself in gear....if not for me or my wife, then at least for my kids. 

Great job - keep at it and keep us apprised. It's inspiration for me and motivation for you!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Have a 1 year old and another on the way. Turned 34 a few weeks ago and am fairly overweight. My kids are the only thing keeping me from eating junk food daily - otherwise I'd be drowning in doritos and cookies. But I've been working 85+ hour weeks from home these months past few months of quarantine so I haven't been able to exercise. Everyday I tell myself I'm going to, and every night I beat myself up over not doing so. Still, I know that in time, I'll get myself in gear....if not for me or my wife, then at least for my kids. 

Great job - keep at it and keep us apprised. It's inspiration for me and motivation for you!

Man I got to tell you the kids added so much weight to me.  Between the junk food they eat so our pantry is stocked to the lack of time.   I have put on like 20 pounds in 10 years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You’re at an age where it can feel like your entire day is filled with work, and whatever family time you can squeeze in. Guess what? It will be like that until your youngest finishes college.

Its very easy (and understandable) to let yourself go physically. Don’t let it get to a point of no return.

If I were you, I’d start with your diet first. I’m sure you know what you should and shouldn’t be eating. You’ll start to feel better, and have more energy very quickly, just by eating healthier.

From there, find some type of exercise you enjoy. Mike is a guy who likes to hit the weights, but you have to do you, or it won’t work.

Try small little tricks like parking as far as possible from the store or even taking a walk with your morning coffee instead of sitting at a desk with it.

The main thing though, is don’t be afraid to be selfish. Do it for you. Your family is going to love you no matter if you’re a 40 waist or a 33. The same way you want to provide the best for them, do the best you can for yourself.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do or Die.

You’re a do-er, not a die-er.  I know you got this. (All of it) 😉

Best thing you have going for you is that you don’t come off as a half ass guy. By that I mean you dive head first into everything you do (good things or bad, lol) obviously, this is a good thing.

Keep it up, you’re killing it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Down 30 now, doing Keto and Intermittent Fasting, and occasional ADF. Primarily following Dr. Jason Fungs program for fasting but adding tons of HIIT, Circuits, and Powerlifting stuff combined with Heavy Pack and Restricted Breathing mask. 

Yeah,  it's working. 

49 y/o 6'2 280, Goal 25520200630_150746.thumb.jpg.26170c3d6b27f04ead9d69d907fd3771.jpg

Congrats!! That's all the right things. Fung is great!

I never heard of the restricted breathing mask, that's new to me

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Down 30 now, doing Keto and Intermittent Fasting, and occasional ADF. Primarily following Dr. Jason Fungs program for fasting but adding tons of HIIT, Circuits, and Powerlifting stuff combined with Heavy Pack and Restricted Breathing mask. 

Yeah,  it's working. 

49 y/o 6'2 280, Goal 25520200630_150746.thumb.jpg.26170c3d6b27f04ead9d69d907fd3771.jpg

Imagine how much you could lose if you started lifting more than a phone. 

:-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

I never heard of the restricted breathing mask, that's new to me

I use it to Simulate SCBA in my training.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I use it to Simulate SCBA in my training.

Ahh so it's training for your job, not some kind of new fangled diet thing like ice baths or something

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Ahh so it's training for your job, not some kind of new fangled diet thing like ice baths or something

Watch the Creed movies, he trains with one.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah,  it's working. 

Where the hell did you find a gym?  Ive been outdoors doing Battle Ropes, Dumbbells, weighted vest.  But an open gym?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Where the hell did you find a gym?  Ive been outdoors doing Battle Ropes, Dumbbells, weighted vest.  But an open gym?

Look at that guy! That gyms not open, he tore the doors off and sashayed in. Look close enough, it’s empty, other than for him. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

tenor.gif

I still remember  that episode. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I still remember  that episode. 

Who is that and what did that door do to him 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Good point lol. 

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I thought Max was firing me. 

100% I thought this was your ‘goodbye JN’ thread.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah,  it's working. 

Good for you, man.

I took my health for granted for 40 years, woke up 5’11” 235# with hbp and anxiety about my health. Built a gym in my house at 41. Spent 24 months powerlifting and eating about 4000 cal/day. Didn’t want to lose a bunch of fat and be weak. I’m 44 now. My waist is 4” thinner. My chest/back 4” bigger. My weight is 245. I’m working with a trainer now to transition from power lifts to athleticism and fat loss, without losing strength. Diet change is 100% necessary now. 

Never too late for an old dog to learn new tricks. Thanks for today’s motivation. I’m on the lake in Maine with nothing but my fat body, a sSledge hammer, cinder blocks and bands right now. Going to put in work today. 

strong the rock GIF by Baywatch Movie

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do or Die.

We’re definitely drawing from the same source. Mine are 6 and 2 right now. Good on you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CTM said:

Happens. Don't beat yourself up, it's counter productive. Start small. Build positive momentum. Too many people try and get extreme right off the bat. "Starting next monday I'm eating clean and exercising every day" Usually bite off more than they can chew and end up quitting.

Pick 1 small, achievable goal and stick with it. Momentum will build from there. 

The best diet and exercise regime in the world is one you stick with. 

At your age you have time

Good luck!

This.

You know, for someone who tries so hard to argue with everything I say... we’re wired the same way. Except, I’m an ape and therefore a superior being.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

You know, for someone who tries so hard to argue with everything I say... we’re wired the same way. Except, I’m an ape and therefore a superior being.

I cant really argue that point 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

100% I thought this was your ‘goodbye JN’ thread.

It certainly would be my working title. 

18 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I mean this in the nicest way I can.... Just shut the F up and do it ! Do it early in the day, that way it's done and you don't have to think about it at midinite when you're dead tired and ready for bed. I've been there now that the gyms have been closed by the Emperor of NYS. I find my self somedays at midnite doing them but at least I got it in. BTW: That's the worst time to exercise , just before bed. Excuses are a dime a dozen, I know you know that. Get MOTIVATED ! Just do it. Good luck.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

BTW: That's the worst time to exercise , just before bed. 

Depends what you do and your intensity, but more importantly it depends on the person. Wind sprints before bed don't work for most but yoga and/or mobility work can be very beneficial for sleep. That said everyone is different and it's all a matter of finding what works for you. Depending on my routine I go through phases where my highest intensity training goes late into the night and I sleep just fine.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Depends what you do and your intensity, but more importantly it depends on the person. Wind sprints before bed don't work for most but yoga and/or mobility work can be very beneficial for sleep. That said everyone is different and it's all a matter of finding what works for you. Depending on my routine I go through phases where my highest intensity training goes late into the night and I sleep just fine.

100% agreed. I find binge eating fits my fitness goals best before bed. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Binge eating + marathon fapping to Rocky IV

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jokes aside I think one of the benefits of intermittent fasting is people (like myself) who prefer to eat a lot at night don't have to feel so guilty about it and done correctly can still chase their weight loss goals without having to feel like they are starving themselves. 

• Upvote 1