Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

• Jamal Adams
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Odell Beckham Jr
    • Stephon Gilmore
    • Dak Prescott
    • Matthew Stafford
    • Matt Ryan
    • Cam Newton
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Derek Carr

On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dunnie said:

Compared to Sam .. Ryan is the best QB ever to put on pads ... Just sayin'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Comparing Ryan to a 2 year QB, a 22 year old makes no sense 

Plus Sam has no place in this thread.

Are you dead set on just becoming a troll?  Come on

• Upvote 1

Comparing Ryan to a 2 year QB, a 22 year old makes no sense 
Plus Sam has no place in this thread.
You are dead sent on being a troll I guess.

No... I just find it comical that the people are disparaging quarterbacks like Ryan given what the jets have fielded at the position over the last half decade.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

No... I just find it comical that the people are disparaging quarterbacks like Ryan given what the jets have fielded at the position over the last half decade.

No one has disparaged these players, theyre just saying theyre overrated. What they Jets have put at QB doesnt change who is overrated.  What does a Sanchez at QB have to do with what Ryan is.  Doesnt make a whole lot of sense

No one has disparaged these players, theyre just saying theyre overrated. What they Jets have put at QB doesnt change who is overrated.  What does a Sanchez at QB have to do with what Ryan is.  Doesnt make a whole lot of sense

Calling someone overrated is within the very definition of disparaging. I actually did not bring Sanchez into this conversation at all. I said quarterbacks over the past 5 years. it's basically ridiculous to call any quarterback overrated when your own team's quarterback is subpar.

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Playing just like the HOF QB that he is?  

Going 26 of 33 for 208 yards, 1 INT and 1 TD isn't HOF level.

Now you guys are defending the indefensible. Just accept it, he's underperformed in a bunch of playoff games against lower seeded teams.

I'm not disputing the fact that brees is a great QB. But his greatness doesn't preclude him from being overrated

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Calling someone overrated is within the very definition of disparaging. I actually did not bring Sanchez into this conversation at all. I said quarterbacks over the past 5 years. it's basically ridiculous to call any quarterback overrated when your own team's quarterback is subpar.

You brought past Jet QBs into a conversation about which NFL player is overrated just to point out that the Jets haven't had a QB.  The definition of trolling.  And Sanchez was brought up by me, yes, as an example of Jets QBs who have nothing to do with this list of candidates

Its actually ridiculous to say you cant call a QB, a player, overrated because the Jets havent had a QB over that time period.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, no matter how many times you say it does.  

You brought past Jet QBs into a conversation about which NFL player is overrated just to point out that the Jets haven't had a QB.  The definition of trolling.  And Sanchez was brought up by me, yes, as an example of Jets QBs who have nothing to do with this list of candidates
Its actually ridiculous to say you cant call a QB, a player, overrated because the Jets havent had a QB over that time period.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, no matter how many times you say it does.  
Please look up the definition of hypocrisy,... And if that doesn't work psychological projection and then you'll have the answer as to why my argument makes complete sense.

21 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Going 26 of 33 for 208 yards, 1 INT and 1 TD isn't HOF level.

Now you guys are defending the indefensible. Just accept it, he's underperformed in a bunch of playoff games against lower seeded teams.

I'm not disputing the fact that brees is a great QB. But his greatness doesn't preclude him from being overrated

You do realize this is the playoffs and in the playoffs you play the best of the best teams, face really good defenses, defenses that have had an extra week to prepare for your team.  

Hes at the top of just about every single QB stat thats used to judge a QB, thats not an overrated player.  In fact I would call him underrated.  He consistently is the leagues leading passer in most categories and yet its Brady, Mahomes or some other one year wonder that we hear about.  Take him out of NO and put him in NY and hes 1000 times more revered.  Imagine?

Saying hes great but overrated doesnt make any sense either, come on.  

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Please look up the definition of hypocrisy,... And if that doesn't work psychological projection and then you'll have the answer as to why my argument makes complete sense.

We're talking about overrated players.  How and where does hypocrisy come into the picture?

You cant come up with anything that says, Jets QBs sucked over the last 10 years so Matt Ryan cant be called overrated because it makes absolutely no sense

We're talking about overrated players.  How and where does hypocrisy come into the picture?
You cant come up with anything that says, Jets QBs sucked over the last 10 years so Matt Ryan cant be called overrated because it makes absolutely no sense
It's like a weakling yelling at schwarzenegger telling him he is not that strong ...

Laughable.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Guys a freaking stud and the one time this organization doesn't listen to Bradway we miss out on him. Wilson can carry that team on his back. 

Do you think that’s part of it?  Woody literally picked Tebow over Wilson so the jets fans who think Woody is this great owner pretend like Wilson is a slightly better Geno Smith as a defense mechanism?

15 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He played pretty well for the sh*t that was around him. 
I think he’s gonna take a big leap next year, adding Hopkins alone with be a huge benefit.

No OL, ok at best receivers and was a rookie.  I thought Murray was fine last year

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You do realize this is the playoffs and in the playoffs you play the best of the best teams, face really good defenses, defenses that have had an extra week to prepare for your team.  

Hes at the top of just about every single QB stat thats used to judge a QB, thats not an overrated player.  In fact I would call him underrated.  He consistently is the leagues leading passer in most categories and yet its Brady, Mahomes or some other one year wonder that we hear about.  Take him out of NO and put him in NY and hes 1000 times more revered.  Imagine?

Saying hes great but overrated doesnt make any sense either, come on.  

You could also make a case for him being underrated. Only 1 all pro selection. I was shocked when i saw that.

I think there's less respect for his stats because the league is really QB-friendly nowadays and he gets to play in  NFC south shootouts

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

You could also make a case for him being underrated. Only 1 all pro selection. I was shocked when i saw that.

I think there's less respect for his stats because the league is really QB-friendly nowadays and he gets to play in  NFC south shootouts

Yeah I agree the league is QB friendly but he is being compared to his contemporaries who also benefit from those same QB friendly rules.  

The guys has more 5K yard seasons than anyone else I think, he always tops out near the top of every catagory so I think he should be removed from overrated status.  But I do think hes at the lower end of the group of elite QBs

Cam Newton was super overrated for many years, including his MVP season, but I think people have wisened up to how limited he is.

I don’t think many of the other names on the list are super hyped where I would say oh yea their media is overblown.

If I had to pick an overrated player, I’d probably pick Lamar Jackson, just bc I don’t think he’s an MVP lvl talent (still good tho).  We shall see if he’s RG3 or more like Russel Wilson (but i suspect the former), but when I look at the tape I see a lot of questionable plays where his team bails him out.

5 hours ago, Hael said:

Cam Newton was super overrated for many years, including his MVP season, but I think people have wisened up to how limited he is.

I don’t think many of the other names on the list are super hyped where I would say oh yea their media is overblown.

If I had to pick an overrated player, I’d probably pick Lamar Jackson, just bc I don’t think he’s an MVP lvl talent (still good tho).  We shall see if he’s RG3 or more like Russel Wilson (but i suspect the former), but when I look at the tape I see a lot of questionable plays where his team bails him out.

Cam deserves honorable mention

Since the patriots signed him if all you did was listen to the media you would think he was better than Lamar Jackson