Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

• Jamal Adams
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Odell Beckham Jr
    • Stephon Gilmore
    • Dak Prescott
    • Matthew Stafford
    • Matt Ryan
    • Cam Newton
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Derek Carr

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

dak prescott, although a lot of those players are more than a little overrated.  prescott has done less with more than just about any other qb. 

A good case can be made for Prescott. Take away his 2 games against the giants nonexistent defense last year and his stats aren’t that great

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

7 rings between the 2 of them but hey

Derek Jeter is overrated and was a great player.

Overrated does not mean bad. It means overrated.  Brady is overrated at this point in his career. Russell Wilson is a really good QB who also happens to be overrated.

• Upvote 1

Normally i'd pick brady, but i'll go with Drew brees.

Beats up on crappy teams during the regular season and consistently loses to underdogs at home during the playoffs.

The last 2 big playoff losses - against the rams and the vikings - were awful.

Overall, he's lost to some really, really bad QBs:

- Rex Grossman

- Matt Hasselbeck

- Alex Smith

- Case Keenum

- Jared Goff

- Kirk Cousins

That's quite a list. Most of those guys couldn't tie Drew brees' shoelaces on a regular week, yet they've won against his team

I abstained rather than pick between Jamal or Odell. 

Should have replaced Gilmore with Sherman.... Just saying... I'd have an easier time calling Sherm overrated.

Also 70% of these guys are QBs ... Can we get some other players at other positions plenty of overrated players in the NFL ?

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

7 rings between the 2 of them but hey

That's why I stated he was overrated right now, not in the past.  He's 42 years old. His arm is clearly failing. He was average last season.  How much does he have left, if anything?  Yet half the NFL thinks the Bucs are going to the SB with a fading old man.  Brady is going to drop off a cliff, just like every other aging or already aged QB.  Still, he is put in the top 5 QBs for 2020 and in the top 10-20 for best players and he's nowhere near that at this stage of his career. That is the definition of overrated.

Wilson is sill at the top of his game and is phenomenal.  I don't see him declining. He just keeps getting better.

Mayfield...and I was a Baker guy when he came out of Oklahoma.

In his defense, the national media kinda cooled down on him after last year's showing.  Now there's a ton of pressure on him to show everyone that his rookie year was no fluke.  If the problem really was Freddie Kitchens, there are absolutely no excuses for him this year, especially with the team that has been built around him.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Derek Jeter is overrated and was a great player.

Overrated does not mean bad. It means overrated.  Brady is overrated at this point in his career. Russell Wilson is a really good QB who also happens to be overrated.

Brady is the GOAT and Wilson would already have 2 Lombardi trophies if Pete Carrol doesn’t have a brainfart

sorry guys but Wilson is one of the best QBs in the nfl

• Upvote 1