Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

• Jamal Adams
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Odell Beckham Jr
    • Stephon Gilmore
    • Dak Prescott
    • Matthew Stafford
    • Matt Ryan
    • Cam Newton
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Derek Carr

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Mayfield...and I was a Baker guy when he came out of Oklahoma.

In his defense, the national media kinda cooled down on him after last year's showing.  Now there's a ton of pressure on him to show everyone that his rookie year was no fluke.  If the problem really was Freddie Kitchens, there are absolutely no excuses for him this year, especially with the team that has been built around him.

You’re right.  Part of it is not Baker’s fault the media anointed him a hall of famer after one season

I’d probably go with DeShaun Watson. I think he’s a good QB (top 10-12 for sure), but some folks have him among the games top 3-5 which I don’t see. He takes way too many sacks for my liking. 

Carson Wentz is another guy I think is overrated. He hasn’t come close to replicating his breakout 2017 season. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, predator_05 said:

Normally i'd pick brady, but i'll go with Drew brees.

Beats up on crappy teams during the regular season and consistently loses to underdogs at home during the playoffs.

The last 2 big playoff losses - against the rams and the vikings - were awful.

Overall, he's lost to some really, really bad QBs:

- Rex Grossman

- Matt Hasselbeck

- Alex Smith

- Case Keenum

- Jared Goff

- Kirk Cousins

That's quite a list. Most of those guys couldn't tie Drew brees' shoelaces on a regular week, yet they've won against his team

Cousins, goff, and alex smith are not really bad qbs. They are great but they arent terrible. Goof maybe you can argue.

It’s been Matt Ryan for an entire decade, but the Brady-Bucs love is ridiculous right now.

Brady is a superb precision/quick shoot/dink and dunk QB who historically has struggled with the deep ball, going into a downfield passing scheme with downfield threats. Also, he’s like 110 years old and was barely above replacement level last year, and the HGH has to start wearing down at some point. He’s definitely the most overrated going into 2020.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, predator_05 said:

Normally i'd pick brady, but i'll go with Drew brees.

Beats up on crappy teams during the regular season and consistently loses to underdogs at home during the playoffs.

The last 2 big playoff losses - against the rams and the vikings - were awful.

Of all the choices up there Drew Brees would be the last one I'd pick. He's won a Super Bowl. The last 2 years the refs screwed them royal otherwise they would have been in 2 more Super Bowls. So many more worthy candidates like Baker who hasn't EVER done diddly squat. Same with Prescott who has a great , talented team around him yet wants a kazillion dollars a year and has done zilch. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah Drew Brees allowing a last second 1 in 1000 hail mary long td vs the vikes and then having the most blatant pi call of all time ignored vs the rams was totally his fault.

What was he doing before those plays happened?

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Of all the choices up there Drew Brees would be the last one I'd pick. He's won a Super Bowl. The last 2 years the refs screwed them royal otherwise they would have been in 2 more Super Bowls. So many more worthy candidates like Baker who hasn't EVER done diddly squat. Same with Prescott who has a great , talented team around him yet wants a kazillion dollars a year and has done zilch. 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

- Getting his team the lead.

- Driving his team down for the winning points.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

IMHO ONLY, your so TOTALLY off base with Brees. I noticed that Brees wasn't even on the list FOR A REASON.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:32 AM, GreekJet said:

I’d probably go with DeShaun Watson. I think he’s a good QB (top 10-12 for sure), but some folks have him among the games top 3-5 which I don’t see. He takes way too many sacks for my liking. 

Carson Wentz is another guy I think is overrated. He hasn’t come close to replicating his breakout 2017 season. 

It's amazing how QBs are always overrated when they have to play with subpar Olines. Wentz? Look at that f*cking Oline when it was healthy! Dak? One of the best Olines in the league! Brady? League protected him by never calling holding for the last 15 years. There is no way Russell Wilson is overrated, you could say Sam Darnold is underrated based on his weapons & Oline, Wilson is magical behind a bunch of turnstiles. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, predator_05 said:

Jimmy Graham literally fell of the stat sheet after leaving Breeze. Not sure it means anything but it sticks out to me. 

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jimmy Graham literally fell of the stat sheet after leaving Breeze. Not sure it means anything but it sticks out to me. 

They traded him for a lineman, if i remember correctly. He had one good year with the seahawks, but longevity was always an issue. Saints got it absolutely right with that one.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's amazing how QBs are always overrated when they have to play with subpar Olines. Wentz? Look at that f*cking Oline when it was healthy! Dak? One of the best Olines in the league! Brady? League protected him by never calling holding for the last 15 years. There is no way Russell Wilson is overrated, you could say Sam Darnold is underrated based on his weapons & Oline, Wilson is magical behind a bunch of turnstiles. 

The people still trying to argue Russell Wilson is overrated sound dumber every year 

• Upvote 2

Watson - lets see how he does without Hopkins

Wentz - not overrated but he’s becoming the new Pennington 

You’re crazy Deshaun Watson is a top five Qb without a doubt.   The Jets could get D Watson for Sam Darnold .  They make that move in a heartbeat .

On 7/3/2020 at 5:44 AM, Beerfish said:

Yeah Drew Brees allowing a last second 1 in 1000 hail mary long td vs the vikes and then having the most blatant pi call of all time ignored vs the rams was totally his fault.

You know in real time the famous pass interference did not look that bad or interference at all from the angle the referre had and the initial TV angle. Obviously it was interference but It was only bad on replay really, and we all know how interference review worked in the NFL.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

You know in real time the famous pass interference did not look that bad or interference at all from the angle the referre had and the initial TV angle. Obviously it was interference but It was only bad on replay really, and we all know how interference review worked in the NFL.

It was not even in the realm of close at all from any angle.  It did not look that bad, good lord.

As for instant replay, that failed for one reason.  The league put the replay in and then proceeded to ignore all calls for some bizarre reason.

But then again this is the NFL that virtually never gets anything in regard to rules right.  A chimp could do better.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The people still trying to argue Russell Wilson is overrated sound dumber every year 

Guys a freaking stud and the one time this organization doesn't listen to Bradway we miss out on him. Wilson can carry that team on his back. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, predator_05 said:

Playing just like the HOF QB that he is?