Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Philc1

Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?  

91 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the NFL’s most overrated player?

    • Jamal Adams
      20
    • Baker Mayfield
      23
    • Odell Beckham Jr
      9
    • Stephon Gilmore
      1
    • Dak Prescott
      19
    • Matthew Stafford
      3
    • Matt Ryan
      4
    • Cam Newton
      3
    • Kirk Cousins
      5
    • Derek Carr
      4


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Mayfield...and I was a Baker guy when he came out of Oklahoma.

In his defense, the national media kinda cooled down on him after last year's showing.  Now there's a ton of pressure on him to show everyone that his rookie year was no fluke.  If the problem really was Freddie Kitchens, there are absolutely no excuses for him this year, especially with the team that has been built around him.

You’re right.  Part of it is not Baker’s fault the media anointed him a hall of famer after one season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Baker but his stock has plummeted. Stafford is the perennial.

I'd say Prescott.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d probably go with DeShaun Watson. I think he’s a good QB (top 10-12 for sure), but some folks have him among the games top 3-5 which I don’t see. He takes way too many sacks for my liking. 
 

Carson Wentz is another guy I think is overrated. He hasn’t come close to replicating his breakout 2017 season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to add Kyler Murray. The media is ready to put him the hall of fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, predator_05 said:

Normally i'd pick brady, but i'll go with Drew brees.

 

Beats up on crappy teams during the regular season and consistently loses to underdogs at home during the playoffs.

 

The last 2 big playoff losses - against the rams and the vikings - were awful.

 

Overall, he's lost to some really, really bad QBs:

- Rex Grossman

- Matt Hasselbeck

- Alex Smith

- Case Keenum

- Jared Goff

- Kirk Cousins

 

That's quite a list. Most of those guys couldn't tie Drew brees' shoelaces on a regular week, yet they've won against his team

Cousins, goff, and alex smith are not really bad qbs. They are great but they arent terrible. Goof maybe you can argue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Drew Brees allowing a last second 1 in 1000 hail mary long td vs the vikes and then having the most blatant pi call of all time ignored vs the rams was totally his fault.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been Matt Ryan for an entire decade, but the Brady-Bucs love is ridiculous right now.

Brady is a superb precision/quick shoot/dink and dunk QB who historically has struggled with the deep ball, going into a downfield passing scheme with downfield threats. Also, he’s like 110 years old and was barely above replacement level last year, and the HGH has to start wearing down at some point. He’s definitely the most overrated going into 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, y2k8 said:

I also would have included Russell Wilson.  

Wilson has been criminally underrated for most of his career. I actually think people are finally starting to rate him appropriately over the last year or so as one of the best 3 QBs in the league.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, predator_05 said:

Normally i'd pick brady, but i'll go with Drew brees.

 

Beats up on crappy teams during the regular season and consistently loses to underdogs at home during the playoffs.

 

The last 2 big playoff losses - against the rams and the vikings - were awful.

 

 

Of all the choices up there Drew Brees would be the last one I'd pick. He's won a Super Bowl. The last 2 years the refs screwed them royal otherwise they would have been in 2 more Super Bowls. So many more worthy candidates like Baker who hasn't EVER done diddly squat. Same with Prescott who has a great , talented team around him yet wants a kazillion dollars a year and has done zilch. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah Drew Brees allowing a last second 1 in 1000 hail mary long td vs the vikes and then having the most blatant pi call of all time ignored vs the rams was totally his fault.

What was he doing before those plays happened?

 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Of all the choices up there Drew Brees would be the last one I'd pick. He's won a Super Bowl. The last 2 years the refs screwed them royal otherwise they would have been in 2 more Super Bowls. So many more worthy candidates like Baker who hasn't EVER done diddly squat. Same with Prescott who has a great , talented team around him yet wants a kazillion dollars a year and has done zilch. 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baker and Jamal are neck and neck for most overrated here. I think if Jamal wasn't asking to be traded that Baker would be running away with this AwArD.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

What was he doing before those plays happened?

 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

- Getting his team the lead.

- Driving his team down for the winning points.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- Getting his team the lead.

- Driving his team down for the winning points.

- A small lead after several failed drives.

- Points that weren't enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very tough between Dak and Baker, went with Dak. I think he is grossly overpaid. Guess time will tell

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

What was he doing before those plays happened?

 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

IMHO ONLY, your so TOTALLY off base with Brees. I noticed that Brees wasn't even on the list FOR A REASON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

- Getting his team the lead.

- Driving his team down for the winning points.

Apparently none of that counts. Good grief what is the thought process ? Is there even any?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

- A small lead after several failed drives.

- Points that weren't enough.

:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 3:32 AM, GreekJet said:

I’d probably go with DeShaun Watson. I think he’s a good QB (top 10-12 for sure), but some folks have him among the games top 3-5 which I don’t see. He takes way too many sacks for my liking. 
 

Carson Wentz is another guy I think is overrated. He hasn’t come close to replicating his breakout 2017 season. 

It's amazing how QBs are always overrated when they have to play with subpar Olines. Wentz? Look at that f*cking Oline when it was healthy! Dak? One of the best Olines in the league! Brady? League protected him by never calling holding for the last 15 years. There is no way Russell Wilson is overrated, you could say Sam Darnold is underrated based on his weapons & Oline, Wilson is magical behind a bunch of turnstiles. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, predator_05 said:

What was he doing before those plays happened?

 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

Jimmy Graham literally fell of the stat sheet after leaving Breeze. Not sure it means anything but it sticks out to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jimmy Graham literally fell of the stat sheet after leaving Breeze. Not sure it means anything but it sticks out to me. 

They traded him for a lineman, if i remember correctly. He had one good year with the seahawks, but longevity was always an issue. Saints got it absolutely right with that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 1:36 PM, Jethead said:

Was Baker but his stock has plummeted. Stafford is the perennial.

I'd say Prescott.

Has Stafford ever won a playoff game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's amazing how QBs are always overrated when they have to play with subpar Olines. Wentz? Look at that f*cking Oline when it was healthy! Dak? One of the best Olines in the league! Brady? League protected him by never calling holding for the last 15 years. There is no way Russell Wilson is overrated, you could say Sam Darnold is underrated based on his weapons & Oline, Wilson is magical behind a bunch of turnstiles. 

The people still trying to argue Russell Wilson is overrated sound dumber every year 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 3:32 AM, GreekJet said:

I’d probably go with DeShaun Watson. I think he’s a good QB (top 10-12 for sure), but some folks have him among the games top 3-5 which I don’t see. He takes way too many sacks for my liking. 
 

Carson Wentz is another guy I think is overrated. He hasn’t come close to replicating his breakout 2017 season. 

Watson - lets see how he does without Hopkins

 

Wentz - not overrated but he’s becoming the new Pennington 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 3:32 AM, GreekJet said:

I’d probably go with DeShaun Watson. I think he’s a good QB (top 10-12 for sure), but some folks have him among the games top 3-5 which I don’t see. He takes way too many sacks for my liking. 
 

Carson Wentz is another guy I think is overrated. He hasn’t come close to replicating his breakout 2017 season. 

You’re crazy Deshaun Watson is a top five Qb without a doubt.   The Jets could get D Watson for Sam Darnold .  They make that move in a heartbeat .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 5:44 AM, Beerfish said:

Yeah Drew Brees allowing a last second 1 in 1000 hail mary long td vs the vikes and then having the most blatant pi call of all time ignored vs the rams was totally his fault.

You know in real time the famous pass interference did not look that bad or interference at all from the angle the referre had and the initial TV angle. Obviously it was interference but It was only bad on replay really, and we all know how interference review worked in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

You know in real time the famous pass interference did not look that bad or interference at all from the angle the referre had and the initial TV angle. Obviously it was interference but It was only bad on replay really, and we all know how interference review worked in the NFL.

It was not even in the realm of close at all from any angle.  It did not look that bad, good lord.

As for instant replay, that failed for one reason.  The league put the replay in and then proceeded to ignore all calls for some bizarre reason.

But then again this is the NFL that virtually never gets anything in regard to rules right.  A chimp could do better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The people still trying to argue Russell Wilson is overrated sound dumber every year 

Guys a freaking stud and the one time this organization doesn't listen to Bradway we miss out on him. Wilson can carry that team on his back. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, predator_05 said:

What was he doing before those plays happened?

 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Fact is, brees has underperformed massively in the playoffs. Which is why he's overrated. Great QB, a legend, but overrated all the same.

Baker and prescott aren't really 'rated' that highly to begin with, are they? Baker's barely had a career in the NFL.

Playing just like the HOF QB that he is?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dunnie said:

Compared to Sam .. Ryan is the best QB ever to put on pads ... Just sayin'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Comparing Ryan to a 2 year QB, a 22 year old is pure trolling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dunnie said:

Compared to Sam .. Ryan is the best QB ever to put on pads ... Just sayin'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Comparing Ryan to a 2 year QB, a 22 year old makes no sense 

Plus Sam has no place in this thread.

You are dead sent on being a troll I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dunnie said:

Compared to Sam .. Ryan is the best QB ever to put on pads ... Just sayin'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Comparing Ryan to a 2 year QB, a 22 year old makes no sense 

Plus Sam has no place in this thread.

You are dead sent on being a troll I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dunnie said:

Compared to Sam .. Ryan is the best QB ever to put on pads ... Just sayin'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Comparing Ryan to a 2 year QB, a 22 year old makes no sense 

Plus Sam has no place in this thread.

You are dead sent on being a troll I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...