Who is your least favorite Jet of all-time?

Who is your least favorite Jet of all-time  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite Jet of all-time? (Question 2 contains more options)

• Darrelle Revis
    • Vernon Gholston
    • Jamal Adams
    • Keyshawn Johnson
    • Mark Gastineau
    • Brett Favre
    • Muhammad Wilkerson
    • Neil O'Donnell
    • Tim Tebow
    • Michael Vick
    • Trumaine Johnson
    • Antonio Cromartie
    • Steve Atwater
    • Chad Pennington
    • Jason Taylor
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Santonio Holmes
    • Plaxico Burress
    • Derrick Mason
    • None of the above - Question 2 contains my least favorite
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Jet of all-time?

• Lam Jones
    • Roger Vick
    • Kyle Wilson
    • Dewayne Robertson
    • Mark Sanchez
    • Sheldon Richardson
    • John Riggins
    • Wayne Hunter
    • Bart Scott
    • Sam Cowart
    • Sam Darnold
    • My answer was in Question 1
    • OTHER: Specify in thread

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are too many options for an individual poll question to accommodate (20 per question), so I have spread it out into multiple questions.

My least favorite of all time is Blair Thomas but I chose Vernon Ghosten. He was a dud.

Favre.

He never wanted to be here. He was the epitome of a selfish players and sabotaged a season and the Jets solely to keep his streak alive and to get back at the Packers by playing for the Vikings. He used the Jets purely to get to Minnesota.

Why is Pennington even on this list?  The only things he did "wrong" was having the misfortune of injuring his shoulder and not being gifted with the natural ability of a strong arm.  He gave 100% and led the Jets to the playoffs every single season he was healthy and then did the same with the  Dolphins when the Jets dumped him for Brett freakin' Favre and outplaying him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Honorable mention

Gastineau is up there.  He was a POS for the stuff mentioned above.  Back in the 1980s I was a big brother in the Big Brothers and Sisters program. My little brother loved Gastineau . I took him to a Jets practice at Hofstra and my little brother had a Jets yearbook that he wanted Gastineau to autograph.  After practice we asked him if he would sign it as he went into the locker room to change.  He promised us he would sign it when he came out. Instead, after spending 30 minutes or more in the locker room and being the last Jet to come out, he tried to dodge us.  When we approached him as he was going to his car (no crowds by the way, just us) he made some excuse about how he was in a hurry and blah blah.  So he let some 10 year old kid down who waited 30 minutes for an autograph he promised to sign....

Revis - the most selfish player I have ever seen in a Jets uniform. Only cared about money.  No leadership qualities whatsoever when he had to a leader on a team that desperately needed one.  He was a leader in holding out and getting great contracts year after year.  

Tim Tebow - not so much for him as a player, but for what he represented and for how his signing started the demise of the franchise after two successful season in 09 and 10.  Completely unnecessary to bring him here and he became the head clown in the circus that became the Jets.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Did Joe Douglas tell you this for sure? I really don’t wanna go back into that QB search world. 

Better than sticking with a QB who is a dud for too long.  Even worse:  Paying that dud $30-40M a year.

Not saying Darnold would be a dud.  Only that it's better to start searching for a QB a year early than a year or 2 too late.

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why is Pennington even on this list?  The only things he did "wrong" was having the misfortune of injuring his shoulder and not being gifted with the natural ability of a strong arm.  He gave 100% and led the Jets to the playoffs every single season he was healthy and then did the same with the  Dolphins when the Jets dumped him for Brett freakin' Favre and outplaying him. 

You mean the same guy who told reporters its a "privilege" to cover him?  That guy doesn't deserve to be on the list at all?

And no, Pennington didn't outplay anybody in 2006.  The Dolphins won with a gimmick offense.  Ronnie Brown was the MVP of that team.  He got completely exposed in the playoffs, where he threw 5 INTs against the Ravens.  Just like he almost always did in big spots:  Sh*t the bed.

I didn't vote for him, and he's not in my top 5 most hated anymore, probably.  But he belongs on the list of options.

@CTM  @Bleedin Green

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You mean the same guy who told reporters its a "privilege" to cover him?  That guy doesn't deserve to be on the list at all?

And no, Pennington didn't outplay anybody in 2006.  The Dolphins won with a gimmick offense.  Ronnie Brown was the MVP of that team.  He got completely exposed in the playoffs, where he threw 5 INTs against the Ravens.  Just like he almost always did in big spots:  Sh*t the bed.

I didn't vote for him, and he's not in my top 5 most hated Jets, probably.  But he belongs on the list of options.

@CTM  @Bleedin Green

Pennington was the biggest phony coward ever to don a Jets uniform.  A statue should be erected in Favre's honor for ridding us of this albatross, right next to the Gase one for ridding us of Mac.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PS17 said:

One of the biggest problems we have as a society is dehumanizing anyone in jail and subsequently when they’re released from jail. Is Vick a violent sociopath/psychopath at heart? Probably. But as long as he keeps his nose out of trouble I don’t think he should have a scarlet letter on his chest for the rest of his life. 

Vick staying out of trouble does nothing for me, because of the bold.  Violent sociopaths don't have any real remorse.  He was only sorry he got caught.  

And if you're willing to brutally murder dogs, you're willing to kill people too.  If Vick killed someone in your family and showed no real remorse for it, then was able to leave prison and make $100M, would it make any real difference if he no longer committed any more crimes?  I imagine not.

18 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

And Blair Thomas. Whats up with the OP (cmon JF80 get with it) that Thomas is not on this list.  He has to be the Jets draft bust of all time.  Drafted 2nd in 1st round of '90 draft. A colossal flop that  set this team back decades.

I had to limit it to 40 options.  That's what "Other" is for!

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Tim Tebow - not so much for him as a player, but for what he represented and for how his signing started the demise of the franchise after two successful season in 09 and 10.  Completely unnecessary to bring him here and he became the head clown in the circus that became the Jets

Tebow had nothing to do with the demise of the Jets

Come on, he was here one season, one, and played a handful of meaningless plays.  Almost none I would imagine after mid season.  

He’s hated for one reason and we all know what it is

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Imagine people still criticising Pennington for calling the NY media a bunch of privileged arrogant c*nts in a world where Manish Mehta exists.

Imagine thinking that Chad Pennington being a douche for saying that AND NYC reporters being a bunch of snakes and a$$holes aren't mutually exclusive points.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Imagine thinking that Chad Pennington being a douche for saying that ANY NYC reporters being a bunch of snaked and a$$holes aren't mutually exclusive points.

i remember Todd ragdolling Serby, but this I dont remember ..I do not contest, it just slipped by me....

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s really stretching what he said.

He said players, coaches media, it’s a privilege  to be involved with the NFL.

Not quite the point of his comment.  Or untrue

Dont get why a throw away line after a tough loss would make anyone sway one way or another on liking or disliking a player

First reaction was Gholston but then I thought, it's not really his fault that he just sucked and was too slow for the NFL. Then I moved on to Tebow but again, not his fault he was traded here. Then thought Jason Taylor for obvious reasons but at least he seemed to be a good teammate while here. I then thought about Santonio but when really looking deep into who I think affected this team most negatively I have to go with Derrick Mason. 

The signing of Mason is what lead to Cotchery asking to leave the team. He ruined the chemistry in the WR room which would eventually lead to Santonio being given that fake Captain spot and him blowing up the whole season. He complained to the press about coaching and held secret meetings with Rex and Plaxico to complain about the offense. Not only did Mason do all that off the field, but on the field he was absolute garbage. He was signed in August and traded in October after having 13 catches for 115 yards in 5 games.

18 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Imagine people still criticising Pennington for calling the NY media a bunch of privileged arrogant c*nts in a world where Manish Mehta exists.

I don't care what he calls the media, what I care about is he positioned himself as this humble golly gee bumpkin who just loved football but in reality was as arrogant and greedy as any of these other guys. The honor and a privilege rant was confirmation.

Revis atleast admitted it, Pennington raked the Jets and then released pr saying it was a team friendly deal and his fanboys lopped it up like a thirsty dog

He's as phony as a politician and that's why I despise him

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s really stretching what he said.

He said players, coaches media, it’s a privilege  to be involved with the NFL.

Not quite the point of his comment.  Or untrue

Direct quote is below, he is clearly putting players on a pedestal and saying reporters of have the privilege of covering them 

You guys are privileged and honored to be a beat writer for the New York Jets … You have an opportunity to be around some of the greatest athletes in the world. That’s an opportunity. It’s not your right. It is a privilege.”

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And?

Hate out of this? 

Absolutely.  It's just the tip of the iceberg of who Chad was/is as a person.  A fraud and a d*ck masquerading as a "nice guy" and "warrior".

If he performed when it mattered most a lot of that could be forgiven.  He didn't.  Any chance he had to take the team to the next level, he failed miserably.  He was QB purgatory. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, Beerfish said:

Tru Johnson was the biggest thief imo but right now I'd say Jason Taylor,   I was utterly horrified when the jets went after him and rather disgusted at how many jet fans on forums were falling all over themselves to throe rose petals at his feet.

As a Yankee fan who stomached Boggs and Clemens, I couldn’t stand Taylor in G&W

• Upvote 2

This is such a tough call. On the one hand the stories about Gastineau are revolting, but Sheldon putting a kid's life at risk the way he did is about as low as it gets. Vick was right up there for me for a while as well. It's hard to really hate a dude too much just for being bad at football, but for being a bad person and putting me in a position to have to root for you really just sucks. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, johnnysd said:

First of all, it is seriously doubtful Vick does not still in his mind enjoy the thought of dog fighting. Ans second how in the hell would someone know he is rehabilitated from a few sports interviews

There seems a widely held view that people can be forgiven for what they did before and that somehow they become good again. Like Vader in Star Wars who killed children for the emperor but is supposed to be redeemed to the light by throwing the Emperor down a well. No way.

You have to be a complete PSYCHOPATH to enjoy dog killing. Yo enjoy actually enjoy seeing dogs in pain. Its a clinical trait of psychopaths. 

No, no way Vick is rehabilitated or redeemed. He is a completely disgusting POS that should spend his life rotting in hell for eternity if there is one. 

Muttherfucck him.

I still struggle with it, but the 30 for 30 on him really helped a lot and all I can say is the guy really has put the time into awareness ever since. I have two shepherds and the thought of doing what he did to those animals is so hard to fathom, but I realized it was also too much anger to hold on to. I'm not sure I'll ever have closure on the Jets putting a uniform on him but I also think he is evidence that people can and do change.

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  It's just the tip of the iceberg of who Chad was/is as a person.  A fraud and a d*ck masquerading as a "nice guy" and "warrior".

If he performed when it mattered most a lot of that could be forgiven.  He didn't.  Any chance he had to take the team to the next level, he failed miserably.  He was QB purgatory. 

You have issues.

If he performed it doesn't change the  comment in any way 

He was a QB severely limited by a career threatening injury to his throwing shoulder.

I get it.  Hate him for it

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't care what he calls the media, what I care about is he positioned himself as this humble golly gee bumpkin who just loved football but in reality was as arrogant and greedy as any of these other guys. The honor and a privilege rant was confirmation.

Revis atleast admitted it, Pennington raked the Jets and then released pr saying it was a team friendly deal and his fanboys lopped it up like a thirsty dog

This was of course well-complemented by regularly being one of the team's biggest problems, yet never taking any degree of responsibility, including refusing ownership of even his constant stream of individual failures.  Let's not forget the number of times he would be a useless pile of garbage in a Jets loss and then ramble on after about how if he could do it again he wouldn't change a thing.

He talked a good game, but was so completely full of crap in every way imaginable.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have issues.

If he performed it doesn't change the  comment in any way 

He was a QB severely limited by a career threatening injury to his throwing shoulder.

I get it.  Hate him for it

He was failing even before the arm injury, so I don't buy that excuse as the ONLY reason he sucked in big games.  Remember the Raider playoff game in 2002?

I dislike him because he was a jerk and his play didn't do enough to make me ignore his personality.  That's it, plain and simple.  I think those are more than reasonable takes.  Players have been disliked for a lot less.

But sure, re-frame the argument to suggest I hated him for being injured if you so choose.  It's what Penningtologists did for years here:  Make a laundry list of excuses and determine that WE'RE the problem for not worshiping at the altar of Chad.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

tumblr_mvybp0wcMs1qdk8cho4_r2_250.gif

21 hours ago, CSNY said:

Couldn’t stand Bubby Brister but Jason Taylor Is the one guy  I despised and that  should never have been in a Jet uniform and even if he made a play ( which wasn’t very often)  just couldn’t root for him Washed  up player just getting a check. 

Blame Rex for bringing in Taylor. Dolt. And oh I got mad when he stole Bryan Thomas' #99, while he was still on the team. BT was like the longest tenured Jet at the time, he and Ellis. No way I'd gave up my # for a Dolphag.