THE BARON

Which Teams Will Be In The Champ Games ???

Curious to see what everyone is thinking/seeing at this point.

What teams do you think will most likely to make a run all the way to the AFC and NFC Champ Games ???

If I had to guess...

AFC

Titans / KC (AND NO.  NOT THE RAVENS)

NFC

SF / TB

Honorable mention to Colts and Vikes

11 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Camp games like Meatballs?

See the source image

It just doesn't matter... 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

AFC

Why not?

They improved their roster from last year. Got 2 quality linebackers and some decent wide receivers. If Lamar continues to improve as a passer, they're pretty much a lock for the AFC championship game.

NYJ at LAC

NO at MIN

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Why not?

They improved their roster from last year. Got 2 quality linebackers and some decent wide receivers. If Lamar continues to improve as a passer, they're pretty much a lock for the AFC championship game.

The Ravens are one play away from being insignificant.  That being, when their QB gets injured as running QB's often do.  With guys like Cam Newton and Josh Allen, their size helps them absorb the punishment, but even they will wear down... 

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Ravens are one play away from being insignificant.  That being, when their QB gets injured as running QB's often do.  With guys like Cam Newton and Josh Allen, their size helps them absorb the punishment, but even they will wear down... 

Yada ya day Yada.

I’ll take my chances with the league MVP any day.

In fact, if the NFL disbanded every roster tomorrow and every player became eligible for a draft, the first two taken would be Mahomes and Jackson. 

That’s all you need to know.... End of story.

10 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yada ya day yada

Any QB regardless of their playing style can go down on a single play and ruin their team’s season. Hell, some can even due it by contracting a disease like mono.

I’ll take my chances with the league MVP any day.

In fact, if the NFL  disbanded every roster tomorrow and let players become eligible for a draft, the first two taken would be Mahomes and Jackson.

End of story.

Agree... Any and all players can and will eventually no longer be fit to play professional football.  Along with greater exposure to injury for a QB that runs a lot, I don't think he is a very good passer.  If you bottle him up things get a lot easier.  Perhaps his passing game will improve and he'll spend less time with the ball in his hands

39 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree... Any and all players can and will eventually no longer be fit to play professional football.  Along with greater exposure to injury for a QB that runs a lot, I don't think he is a very good passer.  If you bottle him up things get a lot easier.  Perhaps his passing game will improve and he'll spend less time with the ball in his hands

I don’t know, I think his passing last year was pretty damn good. Just look at his numbers... 3127, 36tds 6ints, you have to respect those. That’s without his 1206 rushing yards...

When he was drafted, the pundits talked about that being a weakness. To his credit, I think he’s allayed most of those fears.

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I don’t know, I think his passing last year was pretty damn good. Just look at his numbers... you have to respect those.

When he was drafted, the pundits talked about that being a weakness. To his credit, I think he’s allayed most of those fears.

It will be exciting to watch play out.  Let's see if he can put together a good season this year.  

• Upvote 1

Half the teams won't participate, clearing the way for a Jets vs. Browns AFC Title game and Lions vs. Redskins NFC Title game.  

18 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Curious to see what everyone is thinking/seeing at this point.

What teams do you think will most likely to make a run all the way to the AFC and NFC Champ Games ???

If I had to guess...

AFC

NFC

SF / TB

Honorable mention to Colts and Vikes

AFC - Chiefs, Ravens , Raiders 

Nfc - 49ers , Tampa bay , Vikings