This is why we believe in Sam Darnold so much

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Fixed it for you.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You misspelled GASE GAWD

You mean the one who couldn’t coordinate touchdown drives nearly as well in the 2nd half of games due to his inability to adjust strategy and react to defensive game plans.

Sam Darnold was the one bobbing and weaving DE’s left & right and slinging passes off balance.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You mean the one who couldn’t coordinate touchdown drives nearly as well in the 2nd half of games due to his inability to adjust strategy and react to defensive game plans.

Sam Darnold was the one bobbing and weaving DE’s left & right and slinging passes off balance.

You agree with a Tweet that says the Jets had the worst roster in the league.  You agree with a Tweet that points out severe deficiencies in personnel on both sides of the ball.

Darnold played well.  So did several other players who were put in a position to win and were motivated to win.  Gase gets all the credit for 6-2.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You agree with a Tweet that says the Jets had the worst roster in the league.  You agree with a Tweet that points out severe deficiencies in personnel on both sides of the ball.

Darnold played well.  So did several other players who were put in a position to win and were motivated to win.  Gase gets all the credit for 6-2.

SAR I

Lol what. If you watched the games, you could see play by play exactly how clueless Adam Gase was. HB draws on 3rd and 8? The over use of screen passes that never worked. His offense was ranked near dead last the entire time he has been a head coach, the 6-2 finish wasn’t suddenly his doing. Darnold out played his idiocy on several occasions.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

How anyone can attempt to make the story of the ‘19 season “Sam heroically overcoming an inept HC” is truly fascinating.

Not at all factual, but still... fascinating.

The hottest of takes (and my personal opinion) is that Sam and Gase both overcame serious talent deficiencies that gives you hope for the both of them, but the jury is still out.

However, I do think Sam's odds of being good-great are better than Adam's.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The hottest of takes (and my personal opinion) is that Sam and Gase both overcame serious talent deficiencies that gives you hope for the both of them, but the jury is still out.

However, I do think Sam's odds of being good-great are better than Adam's.

No problem with your first point, it’s very reasonable.

As for the last sentence, we both know each  others opinions on those two players...

The only thing i’ll ask you is, assuming you don’t feel Adams isn’t already good/great, (I think he is) would you say Sam has a lot of catching up to do?

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

How anyone can attempt to make the story of the ‘19 season “Sam heroically overcoming an inept HC” is truly fascinating.

Not at all factual, but still... fascinating.

Very factual but even more factual is how I knew you’d be on this thread like a fly on sh*t?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

No problem with your first point, it’s very reasonable.

As for the last sentence, we both know each  others opinions on those two players...

The only thing i’ll ask you is, assuming you don’t feel Adams isn’t already good/great, (I think he is) would you say Sam has a lot of catching up to do?

I was referring to Adam Gase's chances of being great lol, not Jamal.

• Sympathy 1

Why do bad teams have bad 2nd halves of games? You can only SCHEME so long before it becomes Mano e Mano. 
Jets couldn’t run the ball, couldn’t rush the passer & couldn’t shut down any part of the field because they had no CBs. 
I keep seeing “he would run on 3rd & 8”, well, maybe because he knew our WRs weren’t winning matches, and our Tackles were getting abused & he didn’t want to expose Darnold? 
We weren’t even in the Playoff chase at 1-7. 
At that point your trying to win BUT not get your young 21 year old QB killed either. 
the last 8 games & 6-2 record were building blocks for Darnold & Gase. 2020 will be the 1st time the kids been in the same offense. So now, you build from there, and have Sam be a coach on the field too. I think the Oline will be night & day compared to last year for 3 reasons. 1- Upgraded Talent on Oline, 2- Sams experience & 3- More weapons with the addition of Mims & Herndons return. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

It’s quite clear Darnold has been the best player on the team the past two years. Can you imagine him with a Harbaugh led coaching staff, elite OL, run game and defense? Or with OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, and Hunt? 

Maccagnan should be thrown in jail.

No love for Mac here but honestly using your above parameters half the QB starters in the NFL, maybe more would put up nice numbers. Just look what a middling QB like Tannehill did with an A "cast"

Look I’ve been a fan of Sam long before we drafted him.  He is the QB I wanted in that draft and I still stand by that.  Now I do try To be fair.  He has had his issues the past two years when it comes to some bad turnovers and throwing off his back foot.  There are also times where he needs to run instead of throwing the ball.  Nonetheless he also showed a lot of good things too.  And let’s be honest compared to the other QBs in that draft he had significantly less talent around him.  One of the worst olines and really no weapons.  Look I’ve always believed that it doesnt matter how good of a QB you are you still need help In one of those areas or you are going to struggled.  You can’t have both a terrible oline an no weapons and expect to excel it’s not going to happen.  I liked what JD did this offseason when it comes to the oline.  The Weapons?  Still a work in progress but you can’t expect him to be able to fix everything in one offseason.  I love the Mims pick he was one of my top WR in the draft, I think Bell is gonna bounce back, Herndon should be healthy.  So the weapons are still a work IN Progress But I think we are getting there.  Either way I still am excited to see what Sam does.  I’ve never sugarcoated the things he needs to work on but I still believe he is gonna be a very good QB

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Talking about the past is boring.

The future is what matters.

If Sam throws for a top 10 QB production season, be assured, his doubters will be left with nothing to say.

On the other hand...

THAT type of leap? I'd be SO PLEASANSTLY surprised!!

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

No love for Mac here but honestly using your above parameters half the QB starters in the NFL, maybe more would put up nice numbers. Just look what a middling QB like Tannehill did with an A "cast"

whaddaya think the odds that he reverts to his mean this year....

i mean..  Testeverde has 2 great years out of??  what 17, 18?