Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skeptable

No Supplemental Draft

Recommended Posts

Sucks for the college kids that probably won't have a season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point you just know the ‘20 season isn’t happening.

We’ll be talking about Jamal and his tweets for another 14 months...

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

At this point you just know the ‘20 season isn’t happening.

We’ll be talking about Jamal and his tweets for another 14 months...

Or debating how they are wasting the best years of Darnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

At this point you just know the ‘20 season isn’t happening.

We’ll be talking about Jamal and his tweets for another 14 months...

At this point it's starting to sound like wishful thinking from some people....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

At this point you just know the ‘20 season isn’t happening.

We’ll be talking about Jamal and his tweets for another 14 months...

Hmm, doubt that. 

If no 2020 Season, I bet we trade Jamal quickly for a couple reasons. 

-The argument about not getting something in return that helps us this season will vanish instantly. 

- Guaranteed the Jets wont want a year÷ more of his negativity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

At this point you just know the ‘20 season isn’t happening.

We’ll be talking about Jamal and his tweets for another 14 months...

I think they'll definitely attempt to play the season. Will be interesting to see how MLB and NBA's restart go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. More and more things go bye bye. Next they're going to delay the season. Then cut it to 10 games. Then cancel the season.

 

Which means we technically have Jamal for 3-4 more years . Lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JTJet said:

Hmm, doubt that. 

If no 2020 Season, I bet we trade Jamal quickly for a couple reasons. 

-The argument about not getting something in return that helps us this season will vanish instantly. 

- Guaranteed the Jets wont want a year÷ more of his negativity. 

If the 2020 season isn't happening (neither college nor pro), there won't be a 2021 draft.  We also don't know what the salary cap will look like in 2021 or beyond. 

These factors drastically impacts what kind of trade Douglas can make.  We probably need to be getting close to actual games being played again before a deal can be struck, OR wait until the next trade deadline (2020 if games are played this season, 2021 if not).

Player-for-player type trades just aren't likely, since the teams we would likely be trading Adams to are contenders. 

No rebuilding team wants to trade a high pick AND have to end up paying a whole bunch of money to a SS.  And contending teams don't typically want to send a player back unless it's a player on an expiring contract who they don't expect to retain. 

Draft picks are the primary commodity we should/will be ending up with in a trade involving Adams.  And since the next draft might not be until 2022, things will likely get put on hold on the Adams' front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

At this point you just know the ‘20 season isn’t happening.

We’ll be talking about Jamal and his tweets for another 14 months...

So if the season doesn't happen, and there is no revenue, is the salary cap going to $0 next season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USC just reversed their decision for the fall and are going online. No campus residences. Think it's safe to say this isn't happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

USC just reversed their decision for the fall and are going online. No campus residences. Think it's safe to say this isn't happening.

Should be able to house the football players in a socially distant way, then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season is still over 2 months away. Training camp should be fairly manageable. I think they will definitely start the season unless MLB restart fails miserably.  Lots can happen and the NFLPA could get in the way, but I think there will be a season. But we also need to take Covid-19 seriously again and get it under control better like almost every other country in the world. 

2020 will definitely go down as one of the biggest suck ass years ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the 2020 season isn't happening (neither college nor pro), there won't be a 2021 draft.  We also don't know what the salary cap will look like in 2021 or beyond. 

These factors drastically impacts what kind of trade Douglas can make.  We probably need to be getting close to actual games being played again before a deal can be struck, OR wait until the next trade deadline (2020 if games are played this season, 2021 if not).

Player-for-player type trades just aren't likely, since the teams we would likely be trading Adams to are contenders. 

No rebuilding team wants to trade a high pick AND have to end up paying a whole bunch of money to a SS.  And contending teams don't typically want to send a player back unless it's a player on an expiring contract who they don't expect to retain. 

Draft picks are the primary commodity we should/will be ending up with in a trade involving Adams.  And since the next draft might not be until 2022, things will likely get put on hold on the Adams' front.

If that's the case, 1st rounders would be far less valuable then. You would be heading into a draft that would contain basically 2 classes of 1st round picks, thus watering down the value of high picks. 

This would also result in all the subsequent rounds being less valuable. You would be able to get 1st/2nd talent all the way back to almost the 4th/5th round. 

So taking that into consideration, a contender may care less about giving up picks for Jamal who is more proven than the incoming talent and has actually played football more recently than 99% of the college players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JTJet said:

If that's the case, 1st rounders would be far less valuable then. You would be heading into a draft that would contain basically 2 classes of 1st round picks, thus watering down the value of high picks. 

This would also result in all the subsequent rounds being less valuable. You would be able to get 1st/2nd talent all the way back to almost the 4th/5th round. 

So taking that into consideration, a contender may care less about giving up picks for Jamal who is more proven than the incoming talent and has actually played football more recently than 99% of the college players. 

Right, but in that case, we'd have to ask for a huge collection of picks to make up for the fact that we wouldn't be drafting until 2022.  Just because those picks are seen as less valuable doesn't mean teams will just cough a bunch of high picks up.  They'll wait and see what happens first.

The uncertainty over what is going to happen in the upcoming season, drafts and salary cap all serve to drive down what we could get back for Adams in a trade if we tried to move him now.

The best move is to wait.  No big trades (or really, any trades at all) should be made until there's more certainty on when the next NFL (and college) games will be played.  The market is just too volatile at the moment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...