Dunnie

Interesting Take on Darnold

Seriously, the Jets can do no right. If they give him a chance, they run the risk of him becoming Winston. If they pull the plug, then they're not patient enough to develop a QB.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Knee injury?  Thumb injury?

Making them up to make some kind of point bit?

I don't remember a knee, but I do remember a foot injury. And he did have a thumb injury on his non-throwing hand.

Half the reason this team can't develop a franchise QB is that the media and a portion of the fan base are ready to kick to the curb a kid who just turned 23 and has been in the league two years, in two separate systems, with limited talent around him.

As long as the national (and much of the local) media bash anything in green, and the fans call for guys' heads in the first preseason series, it makes it nearly impossible for a QB to actually develop with the Jets.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

The Jets aren’t kicking him to the curb. It really doesn’t matter if there are fans/media members that don’t believe in him. Sam is going to have the opportunity to prove his critics wrong. 

I do trust Douglas not to let the fans and the tabloid shift the narrative. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Because all of these Hall of Famers had slow an less than impressive starts to their careers despite Bitontis assertion that greatness is apparent at first snap.

If the Jets had any of those guys, the fans and the tabloids would have torn into the franchise about how they were just another Jets QB bust.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company