Dunnie

Interesting Take on Darnold

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold has not made it through 16 games healthy. 

besides the knee, and the mono (!) if that thumb injury was on his other hand his season would have ended early 

Knee injury?  Thumb injury?

Making them up to make some kind of point bit?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I don't remember a knee, but I do remember a foot injury. And he did have a thumb injury on his non-throwing hand.

There wasn’t a knee.  Actually it was more of toe but reality probably was they wanted to sit him to let him watch without actually benching him.  He re injured it, limped off, went into the locker room against the Bills and played.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

bUT he NEeeZ moRe WeApNz!!! 

let them start James "Captain" Morgan and just be done with all USC qbs

Like every other QB in the NFL.  
And he’s had the fewest. 

Whats with the goofy lettering? Lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m thinking he’s referring to that walking boot thing during the 18 season, nut.

What boot thing, he hurt is toe/foot sprain, whatever it was listed as.  Didn’t miss any other time that year.  Was t a knee injury

And I don’t buy for a second that if he were playing well, that we needed him whatever, he wouldn’t have been starting

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't care if these guys are out there getting hit by lightning the only ability that matters in the league is availability

too many Jets fans treat their fandom like excuse notes from the doctor to get out of Gym class. I don't care WHY he missed those games. I care that he hasn't shown durability. 16 games is a season not 13. 

Yes sure willing to grant Darnold can get better but the Jets have squandered his rookie contract

what do we think is going to happen, Nut? Woodrow's going to fly back from Jolly Ole England and put a gold crown on Sam Darnold's head? 

what would a Sam Darnold extension cost? based on his play? how good would Darnold have to play to earn it? 

not a rhetorical question. 

hence, start James Morgan era asap. If I'm not a buyer on Sam Darnold than neither is Woody.  He has to pay 100 million dollars I just get to type about it 

Yeah, OK and mono is still a communicable disease.

Shlt happens, has nothing to do with his play other than "availablity".  Sorry you should care about they WHY, it changes everything.   Possibly being benched and not wanting to call it a benching and catching a disease isnt being injury prone no matter how many times someone says it is.  

When did this whole rookie contract nonsense become more important than developing a QB?  Who cares, two years have gone by, you've made it FIVE.

Who gives a shlt about his extension, we're not there yet, not close yet.  I would assume he wants no part of an extension at this point so its meaningless to even bring it up

Woody?  Who's Woody?  Do you mean Chris or havent you heard?

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 3:05 AM, GreekJet said:

The explanation is pretty simple-The league has been trending towards offense and the Jets have been prioritizing defense. 

Since 1995 here is the list of first round picks Jets have used on offense 

Kyle Brady

Keyshawn Johnson

Chad Pennington

Anthony Becht

Santana Moss

DBrickashaw Ferguson

Nick Mangold

Dustin Keller

Mark Sanchez

Sam Darnold

Mehki Becton

So close to 50% of the time they went offense?  

And Id bet the rest of their picks work out to around 50% offense. 

Its more of a case that their offensive picks, after the 1st round, sucked and didnt pan out.  When they have gone offense with their 1sts, they've been pretty solid

19 hours ago, Losmeister said:

why are you comparing Sam to HOFers?

u know the list of people who were drafted high and failed with slow starts dwarfs this list significantly, right?

Because they all had slow starts.

Elway was benched.

It was a pretty simple concept to grasp.

Better question is why do you trash a 22 year old, 2 year QB at every turn?

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Despite the way people want to spin it, guys like me, @Dunnie @Losmeister, @bitontiand @Villain The Foe are Jets fans who would like nothing better than to see Darnold become a top 10 QB.

Really?
All I reread from them is that Darnold hasn't shown anything and never will be anything.  Bit is willing to bet that he won't be anything and Losmeister trashes him at every turn.  So I'm not getting this at all.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Maybe I’m wrong here, but I think it’s more a case of them expressing frustration with fans who refuse to acknowledge even the slightest of flaws with Sam’s performance thus far.

Serious question... I don’t think anyone has ever called him a bust yet, have they?

Bit has made plenty of complaints about his abilities, his talent, that he went to USC, blah, blah, blah.  His conclusion is that Darnold will never become anything.  Los...agrees.  Theyre not frustrated fans, theyre fans who have come to a conclusion, too soon IMO, and basically have him as a bust

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Los may not always express it in the best way, but he genuinely has admitted to me that he wants to be wrong.

Bit?  Bit wants to stroke himself to the idea that he's right and everyone that disagrees with him is wrong.  He may have never technically used the "bust" term yet, but it's clear as day that he believes it.  The guy admitted he doesn't root for the Jets anymore.  Sorry, but f*ck that.  Leave the forum and the fandom entirely then.

Remember the draft night zoom call?  I was calling to draft Morgan, when he was taken he moaned and now is calling for him to play.  Basically over Sam.  I wanted him and don’t want him playing, I want Sam to develop as the starter and Morgan as a capable backup

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

A little belated, but welcome back Jet Nut. Unfortunately, the Jets penchant for defense is worse than "around 50%". In 30 first round picks since 1995 the Jets have gone defense for 19 of those picks. Even worse, since 2002 the Jets have only gone offense on only 6 out of 21 first round picks. Of course, if they had a better success rate on these picks (whether offense or defense) we'd all be happier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

Thanks, good to be back

Yeah I was looking at the 11 picks you posted and figured 11 in 25 drafts.

But I will say, I’ve done it, taking all the picks into account it’s near 50%.  But you’re dead right in that they haven’t spent enough of their high picks on offense.  Especially lately

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Don’t forget, the year they took Pennington and Becht they had 4 firsts and took Ellis and Abraham, 2 defensive players.   Changes the denominator

No, you're right.

Man, I miss those kinds of drafts as few and far between as they've been.  

Abraham, Ellis, Pennington and Becht in one draft.

Even better their next pick was L Coles

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company