Interesting Take on Darnold

lies, damn lies and statistics.  funny how they throw all of these numbers around without any idea of their significance.  the only number that matter is w's and l's.  and anyone who criticize darnolds's footwork must not be looking at aaron rodgers or brett favre or roethlisberger.  anyone catch that two handed throw by garapallo in the superbowl?  sure darnold can work on technique.  that's what training camps are for but it still comes down to wins.  just win baby.

17 hours ago, Losmeister said:

By this point in a quarterback’s career, you can usually find something in the numbers that provides a glimmer of hope. That’s not really the case for Darnold, who has been a bottom-10 quarterback in just about every split you can come up with. In 2019, he ranked 29th in expected points added per play on clean dropbacks with no play-action. That doesn’t bode well.

Baby Hat GIF

bUT he NEeeZ moRe WeApNz!!! 

let them start James "Captain" Morgan and just be done with all USC qbs

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

He passed the eye test in the NFL on talent, toughness and leadership.

Sam Darnold has not made it through 16 games healthy. 

besides the knee, and the mono (!) if that thumb injury was on his other hand his season would have ended early 

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold has not made it through 16 games healthy. 

besides the knee, and the mono (!) if that thumb injury was on his other hand his season would have ended early 

Knee injury?  Thumb injury?

Making them up to make some kind of point bit?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I don't remember a knee, but I do remember a foot injury. And he did have a thumb injury on his non-throwing hand.

There wasn’t a knee.  Actually it was more of toe but reality probably was they wanted to sit him to let him watch without actually benching him.  He re injured it, limped off, went into the locker room against the Bills and played.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Like every other QB in the NFL.  
And he’s had the fewest. 

Whats with the goofy lettering? Lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There wasn’t a knee.  Actually it was more of toe but reality probably was they wanted to sit him to let him watch without actually benching him.  He re injured it, limped off, went into the locker room against the Bills and played.  

I’m thinking he’s referring to that walking boot thing during the 18 season, nut.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m thinking he’s referring to that walking boot thing during the 18 season, nut.

What boot thing, he hurt is toe/foot sprain, whatever it was listed as.  Didn’t miss any other time that year.  Was t a knee injury

And I don’t buy for a second that if he were playing well, that we needed him whatever, he wouldn’t have been starting

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

You haven’t been watching then

watch some Minshew hilites and get back to me...  there are 31 other starting QBs....    

Lamar, Russ and Mahomes are the only ones who get "can do what others cannot" status in my book...

20 hours ago, Losmeister said:

By this point in a quarterback’s career, you can usually find something in the numbers that provides a glimmer of hope. That’s not really the case for Darnold, who has been a bottom-10 quarterback in just about every split you can come up with. In 2019, he ranked 29th in expected points added per play on clean dropbacks with no play-action. That doesn’t bode well.

Baby Hat GIF

LOL that is hysterical.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Lastly, if you can't recognize that the talent we've put around Sam since drafting him is an issue, you don't have 2 functional eyeballs.

I've learned alot since 2005

For example not to root for the Jets to win football games

meanwhile, some "other people" haven't learned sh*t since Led Zeppelin was touring 

the difference between you and me "friend"

i have the guts to stick to the same username for 2 decades

making such attacks on my credibility possible 

who are you Mogglez and why should anyone give a f--k what you say 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What boot thing, he hurt is toe/foot sprain, whatever it was listed as.  Didn’t miss any other time that year.  Was t a knee injury

And I don’t buy for a second that if he were playing well, that we needed him whatever, he wouldn’t have been starting

OK so he missed time with a Toe/ Mono and that Thumb he does get hurt alot 

I don't want excuses why he lives under a black cloud. 

as for the weaponz everyone wants Sam Darnold to get 

they traded 3 second round picks and Quenton Nelson for Sam Darnold 

because good quarterbacks give you a chance

no one said "oh we need to save these 2nd round picks for the weaponz"

game manager guys like Joe Flacco need everything to be perfect

franchise QBs can rotate players through and be productive 

is Darnold a manager or a star?

obviously the team needs stars but the Jets don't spend to the cap and they don't pay their stars

sacrilege to say this around here

Baltimore got the star in that draft and didn't have to mortgage their future to do it 

this thread becomes an attack on me or whoever disagrees with the church of Sam Darnold 

Looks guys, I'm sorry you bought the jersey. He's not good enough to carry a team and the story will be Adam "itchy beard" Gase ruined him.

Either way it's not going to happen for 14 in NYC

maybe he will have a late career bloom like Rich Gannon somewhere else

10 years from now 

maybe 25 years from when people will be necroing D-Rob threads from JI 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You want to argue this, want to cry about a 2 year QB who's still younger than this years overall #1, go ahead with the predictions.  

Oh and mono isnt an injury, its an illness.  When I had Covid, I wasn't injured, I was sick

I don't care if these guys are out there getting hit by lightning the only ability that matters in the league is availability

too many Jets fans treat their fandom like excuse notes from the doctor to get out of Gym class. I don't care WHY he missed those games. I care that he hasn't shown durability. 16 games is a season not 13. 

Yes sure willing to grant Darnold can get better but the Jets have squandered his rookie contract

what do we think is going to happen, Nut? Woodrow's going to fly back from Jolly Ole England and put a gold crown on Sam Darnold's head? 

what would a Sam Darnold extension cost? based on his play? how good would Darnold have to play to earn it? 

not a rhetorical question. 

hence, start James Morgan era asap. If I'm not a buyer on Sam Darnold than neither is Woody.  He has to pay 100 million dollars I just get to type about it 

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't care if these guys are out there getting hit by lightning the only ability that matters in the league is availability

too many Jets fans treat their fandom like excuse notes from the doctor to get out of Gym class. I don't care WHY he missed those games. I care that he hasn't shown durability. 16 games is a season not 13. 

Yes sure willing to grant Darnold can get better but the Jets have squandered his rookie contract

what do we think is going to happen, Nut? Woodrow's going to fly back from Jolly Ole England and put a gold crown on Sam Darnold's head? 

what would a Sam Darnold extension cost? based on his play? how good would Darnold have to play to earn it? 

not a rhetorical question. 

hence, start James Morgan era asap. If I'm not a buyer on Sam Darnold than neither is Woody.  He has to pay 100 million dollars I just get to type about it 

Yeah, OK and mono is still a communicable disease.

Shlt happens, has nothing to do with his play other than "availablity".  Sorry you should care about they WHY, it changes everything.   Possibly being benched and not wanting to call it a benching and catching a disease isnt being injury prone no matter how many times someone says it is.  

When did this whole rookie contract nonsense become more important than developing a QB?  Who cares, two years have gone by, you've made it FIVE.

Who gives a shlt about his extension, we're not there yet, not close yet.  I would assume he wants no part of an extension at this point so its meaningless to even bring it up

Woody?  Who's Woody?  Do you mean Chris or havent you heard?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Looks guys, I'm sorry you bought the jersey. He's not good enough to carry a team and the story will be Adam "itchy beard" Gase ruined him.

Either way it's not going to happen for 14 in NYC

maybe he will have a late career bloom like Rich Gannon somewhere else

10 years from now 

Although everyone is free to have their opinion I'm pretty sure you are in the minority on this. I think there are a good amount of Jet fans who think Sam will eventually be an elite, maybe even HOF type QB but those are in the minority as well. Like me, I think most fans see Darnold as a promising young QB with a bright future, because right now you don't really know what he'll end up as- its too early.

You can't look at the two seasons he's been in the league so far, at 23, on the Jet teams he's played on and DEFINITIVELY tell me 'it's not going to happen for him'.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Weapons? Really? Back to Geno sh*t, now?

No. How about a competent O line? Jesus ****, Jets fans just suck, and yes, you suck the most Matt!

?

• Upvote 1

Half the reason this team can't develop a franchise QB is that the media and a portion of the fan base are ready to kick to the curb a kid who just turned 23 and has been in the league two years, in two separate systems, with limited talent around him.

As long as the national (and much of the local) media bash anything in green, and the fans call for guys' heads in the first preseason series, it makes it nearly impossible for a QB to actually develop with the Jets.

• WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Half the reason this team can't develop a franchise QB is that the media and a portion of the fan base are ready to kick to the curb a kid who just turned 23 and has been in the league two years, in two separate systems, with limited talent around him.

As long as the national (and much of the local) media bash anything in green, and the fans call for guys' heads in the first preseason series, it makes it nearly impossible for a QB to actually develop with the Jets.

The Jets aren’t kicking him to the curb. It really doesn’t matter if there are fans/media members that don’t believe in him. Sam is going to have the opportunity to prove his critics wrong. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

The Jets aren’t kicking him to the curb. It really doesn’t matter if there are fans/media members that don’t believe in him. Sam is going to have the opportunity to prove his critics wrong. 

I do trust Douglas not to let the fans and the tabloid shift the narrative. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Forget how anyone here feels about Darnold for just a second...

That has to be the craziest explanation for the Jets history of poor QB play I’v ever read, and I’ve been reading about this team for over 50 years.

That last paragraph is beyond words. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1