Sign in to follow this  
BROOKLYN JET

What can Brown do for you?

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2020/07/02/Antonio-Brown-catches-passes-from-Russell-Wilson-amid-links-to-Seahawks-Ravens/2531593696710/

Antonio Brown catches passes from Russell Wilson amid links to Seahawks, Ravens

By

Antonio Brown (17) worked out with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson Wednesday in San Diego, which sparked rumors that he could join the NFC West franchise in 2020. Photo by Rhona Wise/EPA-EFE
Antonio Brown (17) worked out with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson Wednesday in San Diego, which sparked rumors that he could join the NFC West franchise in 2020. Photo by Rhona Wise/EPA-EFE

July 2 (UPI) -- Former NFL star Antonio Brown traveled to Russell Wilson's house and caught passes from the Seattle Seahawks quarterback after being linked to the NFC West franchise this off-season in free agency.

Brown posted videos from the workout Wednesday on social media.

The seven-time Pro Bowl selection and four-time All-Pro remains unsigned after he spent last off-season with the Oakland Raiders before he appeared in one game for the New England Patriots. He was released after he spent two weeks with the Patriots and never returned for the 2019 season.

Brown ran routes and caught passes from Wilson on Wednesday on a practice field at the quarterback's house in San Diego.

"Who would like to see this on Sundays?" Brown wrote for the caption of a video on Instagram. "That was fun!"

Brown has dealt with off-season legal issues and is still under investigation by the NFL amid allegations of sexual assault.

He could be suspended by the NFL if he signs with a team. He also has been linked to the Baltimore Ravens and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brown's cousin, Marquise Brown, plays for the Ravens.

Sources told NFL Network June 23 that the Ravens and Seahawks have had internal discussions about Brown.

Brown has also worked out this off-season with Seahawks backup quarterback Geno Smith and Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.

"I'd be happy if we signed him," Jackson said in April. "He's a great player, he shows it each and every year. ... But it's not my decision."

NFL training camps remain on schedule to open in late July. Team facilities remain closed for players -- unless they need medical treatment -- due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The NFL and the NFLPA have advised against player participation in private group workouts amid the pandemic.

See the post on least favorite Jets.  If the Jets sign him, add a new choice for Brown.  He would win.  Why would any Jets fan want this guy on the team???? He's a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

See the post on least favorite Jets.  If the Jets sign him, add a new choice for Brown.  He would win.  Why would any Jets fan want this guy on the team???? He's a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.

Not advocating for it - but if I was to make the argument I think it would be - he would be the best receiver we have by a mile (assuming he has stayed in shape) - and he would likely sign a team friendly deal where we could cut him any time. He makes a peep JD doesn't like and hes gone. Its obviously not ideal - but if he is willing to be on good behavior for a year to prove himself in an effort to get another contract - I don't think the team signing him is taking on too much risk. 

All that being said I probably still wouldn't do it. 

What can he do?  Go to see a clinical psychologist and commit to weekly appointments for the next few years.  

• Upvote 1

Of course. Good teams get better by getting great guys. Please don't bring him to the Jets because hes unstable and we hate top tier receiving talent. 

• Upvote 2

he wants to go to a team with a bonafide good QB.

we are not that team at this moment.

• Thumb Down 3

Brown on the Jets has great potential for at least one thing.

He might be the guy who COULD generate more threads on these forums than Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It's cute that you guys think Antonio Brown would be able to play even if there's a season.

He's got like 5 pending cases against him and will rack up more.  He'll be on the Commissioner's Exempt List the moment he gets signed somewhere, and possibly suspended a full season/indefinitely.  And all the while will continue to get into trouble, whether he's on a roster or not.

If Brown ever plays in the NFL again, he'll be a minimum of 33 years old.  

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Last thing we want to do is break up that 6-7 win no playoffs chemistry!

So because of 7-9 we should say F it and totally make the team unwatchable and unlikable?

Thats a much better scenario, maybe fewer wins and that POS 

• Haha 1

Doesn't this piece of trash have a court date coming up??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Sanchez - Santonio Holmes :: Sam Darnold  - Antonio Brown

...In before someone says we don’t want a bad character guy infecting our pre pubescent QBs morals.

Let’s go win the AFC East.

He’d be the best player on the team aside from Adams the minute he puts on the uniform.

Sign this beast! Our offense sucks. Beggars can’t be choosers.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So because of 7-9 we should say F it and totally make the team unwatchable and unlikable?

Thats a much better scenario, maybe fewer wins and that POS 

Meh. Let’s not make believe the Jets have been must watch, edge of your seat entertainment the last few years.

I don’t want to watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir out there on Sundays, just let me have a team with some actual, good players that has a chance to win. I’d find that watchable, and likeable.

I’m really not interested in what they do off the field. If a guy can play, and the league allows him to, I’m not holding anyone up to a purity test.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's cute that you guys think Antonio Brown would be able to play even if there's a season.

He's got like 5 pending cases against him and will rack up more.  He'll be on the Commissioner's Exempt List the moment he gets signed somewhere, and possibly suspended a full season/indefinitely.  And all the while will continue to get into trouble, whether he's on a roster or not.

If Brown ever plays in the NFL again, he'll be a minimum of 33 years old.  

Conjecture for $500, Alex.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

he wants to go to a team with a bonafide good QB.

we are not that team at this moment.

3 hours ago, peebag said:

We get it.  You don't like Darnold.

In a phrase that I don't really use a lot in my so-called real life: thank you, peebag! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

i do like  sam. seems a very decent kid. he's not a good qb currently. he may become one. he may not.

we all wanted blair thomas to be good as well.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Mark Sanchez - Santonio Holmes :: Sam Darnold  - Antonio Brown

SanAntonio Brown-Holmes 

JD values high character players. That alone would crush this DBag coming to our Jets.

3 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Meh. Let’s not make believe the Jets have been must watch, edge of your seat entertainment the last few years.

I don’t want to watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir out there on Sundays, just let me have a team with some actual, good players that has a chance to win. I’d find that watchable, and likeable.

I’m really not interested in what they do off the field. If a guy can play, and the league allows him to, I’m not holding anyone up to a purity test.

So what you're saying is the Jets with Antonio Brown would be watchable?  And the way to become watchable isn't to build a winner it's to put a clownshw on the field? 

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what you're saying is the Jets with Antonio Brown would be watchable?  And the way to become watchable isn't to build a winner it's to put a clownshw on the field? 

No, lol.

I’m saying having Brown line up on the outside opposite Mims is a lot better than having Perriman out there as a starter.

i think you build a winner by putting the best players you can on the field. I think winners are more watchable than losers.

The clownshow thing? Brown can act the clown all he wants off the field, as long as he produces on it, I don’t care.

If it bothers you to have “bad apples” on your team, I undestand. I think it’s a bit Pollyanna-ish, but whatever.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

No, lol.

I’m saying having Brown line up on the outside opposite Mims is a lot better than having Perriman out there as a starter.

i think you build a winner by putting the best players you can on the field. I think winners are more watchable than losers.

The clownshow thing? Brown can act the clown all he wants off the field, as long as he produces on it, I don’t care.

If it bothers you to have “bad apples” on your team, I undestand. I think it’s a bit Pollyanna-ish, but whatever.

Im sorry I cant agree.  To me a clown like Brown, you has a history of creating all that negative chaos with Pittsburg, Oakland, NE and even with his attempt to try out in NO isnt worth what he brings as a WR over Perriman when you throw in the off the field nonsense.  I dont want my young guys seeing his act and thinking this is tolerable and the way NFL players should act,  

• Upvote 1

Russell wilson and pete carroll double up as pseudo-psychologist christian whackjobs, so they probably have a little more patience for Antonio.

But the jets, with no-nonsense Joey D, aren't even gonna look at him. And i for one, am happy about that.

I would love to see the Jets with as talented a WR as Antonio Brown.  Problem is, with Antonio Brown, not only are you getting one of the most talented WRs to play in recent NFL history, but you are also getting a guy who has allegedly:

• Sexually assaulted multiple women
  • Refused to pay people for goods and services provided
  • Threw furntiure from a 14th floor window
  • Stiffed a charity that he was supposedly supporting
  • Was benched for a must win game with Pitt in 2018.  Walking out on team at halftime.
  • Was released by the Raiders after giving up assets to acquire him because of his bizarre behavior in camp
  • Was released by a Ptriots team with Super Bowl aspriations after 1 game because of off field behavior

There are probably additional instances of bizarre, immoral, illegal behavior that I am missing.

I would love to have a guy with his talent.  But I do not want this guy.  If we sign him, I do not see him playing a game for us.  Either because of his behavior, or the league will step in and he will not be eligible to play.  Antonio Brown will not and should not be a Jet.  Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im sorry I cant agree.  To me a clown like Brown, you has a history of creating all that negative chaos with Pittsburg, Oakland, NE and even with his attempt to try out in NO isnt worth what he brings as a WR over Perriman when you throw in the off the field nonsense.  I dont want my young guys seeing his act and thinking this is tolerable and the way NFL players should act,  

Fair enough.

i see both sides of the argument. We not getting Brown anyway, so we can just agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1