Vyncint Smith putting in work.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:17 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope so. It's really sad that DT came in last year and was oir number 1. I mean he can't even make most rosters last year and he put our guys to shame 

Thomas wasn't our number 1.

He didnt put our guys to shame

On 7/2/2020 at 11:32 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

Take a look at the front page here right now...

Two threads about WRs working out this offseason.

In one guys are tripping over each other to come up with reasons why they don’t want the Jets to sign Antonio Brown.

In this one, fans are  getting pumped about some guy named Vyncint learning to run routes.

Make of it what you will....

That people dont want the shlt show that follows Antonio Brown everywhere he goes?   Its everywhere, even the places hes been given tryouts hes managed to have turned into shlt shows.

So we're left to root for the lower end WRs on the roster to step up?  Kind of expected

The only reason I pay any attention to this particular fluff piece is I seem to remember Joe Douglas talking up Smith in one of his post season press conferences. I think he said things like they expect a very big jump for him ( or something like that )

Maybe there’s a reason for optimism 

sometimes these guys just have to get in and play.  i think coaches are reluctant to put in players they don't know much about hence seeing demaryius thomas .  and even though thomas played pretty well it took an injury to allow smith and even berrios get a chance.  these younger guys need the work.

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

sometimes these guys just have to get in and play.  i think coaches are reluctant to put in players they don't know much about hence seeing demaryius thomas .  and even though thomas played pretty well it took an injury to allow smith and even berrios get a chance.  these younger guys need the work.

True but the limited time they got they gotta ball out.  Smith and Berrios both did.  Just got to keep playing.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:32 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

Take a look at the front page here right now...

Two threads about WRs working out this offseason.

In one guys are tripping over each other to come up with reasons why they don’t want the Jets to sign Antonio Brown.

In this one, fans are  getting pumped about some guy named Vyncint learning to run routes.

Make of it what you will....

Steelers fans were probably saying the same things about AB after his first year when he only had 16 catches.

Smith just finished his 2nd year in the league.