GreekJet

Will Snyder change the name?

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I guess this is the part I explain we don’t allow politics, someone post in before the lock, someone post politics and then the thread is locked. 

For you anytime Crusher 😘

imageproxy.gif.0bf8ea5257d67acb2169541b01bc5572.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

They should change it to "The Skins'

Buffalo Bill could be their mascot.

feet roommate GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's not a slur. Why would someone call themselves a slur, comedic value? 

I commend you for going up against the wave of virtue signaling. It's a no win proposition against the horde. Good luck. I'll stick with being an absurdist and see if that gets through to anyone.

I may believe the "Redskins" is definitely over that line of everyone's soft sensibilities on what is offensive these days and can see their point, I'm just not that easily offended and haven't fetishised my offense like many have these days.

Living in Syracuse for quite a few years in the past, I remember when Syracuse went from the Orangemen to the Orange.  God forbid we offend the Northern Irish. I'm half Irish half Puerto Rican, lineage from county Donegal in the north I wasn't offended.

Kudos to SU for being a decade plus ahead of the social curve, now they don't have to deal with the bad press for disparaging the Irish. Notre Dame is next I guess. >.<

I'm waiting for vegans to go after animal themes and arborists to go after vegetation themes.

• Upvote 1

As a Puerto Rican male the team name "The Jets" is both threatening and offensive to me, I hereby suggest we change the team name to "The Sharks".

Thank you for your consideration.

#Westsidestory

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Let's change it to the Washington Dogwhistles.

Love seeing people who have absolutely nothing to do with the group it impacts cry about it. Karens of the world unite and bitch about stuff they have no clue about. Fragile people. A group of minorities say using a slur to describe them as a team name is offensive and your response isn't "sh*t, sorry didn't mean it that way" you seriously lack empathy.

Meanwhile you downvote a Westside Story joke from me, a guy who is half Puerto Rican half Irish.  

So wrapped up in your outrage you've lost all sense of humor.

A downvote from you is an upvote in my book. 

You my good sir can EAD.

not funny GIF by Big Brother

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

His downvote is irrelevant to the point he’s making. 

Changing the Redskins name is a non issue for me it's up to their fans to boycott the team and hurt their bottom line enough to affect change. Change the name or don't change the name not my team don't care, I have no horse in the race. However, don't think you can compel me to care about his or your "feelings."

You're feelings don't entitle you to police what everyone else thinks, says, or finds humourous. You're preoccupation with feelings does make you literally no fun though. If you guys want to have a circle **** over your outrage due to hurt feelings be my guest but don't expect me to feel compelled to whip it out and join you. 

Richard Pryor and George Carlin both very funny both very "offensive." They were insensitive and  lacked empathy for those who were the butt of their jokes at times, but they were jokes. Like them or not they were pioneers in humor. If you don't like their comedy don't engage with it.

If you don't like the Redskins name use your dollar vote and boycott them. If a majority of people who buy their product feel the same way and join you in hurting their wallet they change the name or perish. 

• Upvote 1

This has become quite the fun little board battleground this morning.

robert duvall i love the smell of napalm in the morning GIF by The Good Films

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Do I strike you as full of outrage? Or emotional? I’ve made very pragmatic arguments here. I feel like you’re just giving me a blanket statement “i hate snowflakes, but I’m a snowflake” lecture.

Hey hey hey don't put the "H" word in my mouth. 😂

You jumped in to defend @Arsis who snowflaked all over my Westside Story joke.... So you expect not get lumped in with him?

Like I said and I'm tired of it actually being a point but I'm Puerto Rican I can make a Westside Story joke.

Humor is humor, I made the joke hoping someone snowflake all over it.

Mostly because I'm a troll who likes to prod people into extended confrontation for my own amusement. 

But I'm also a mixed race guy who gets along with people on all sides all over the spectrum. I find it unfortunate that you have to qualify some statements with "as a white guy" just as I find it unfortunate that having Puerto Rican heritage gives my points some sort of social equity. I think we should all be on equal footing in our interpersonal interactions, apparently that is a passe stance in today's world.

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re off-track. Put me in ignore.

Okay.... so I said something that makes you not want to engage with me anymore?

I'm talking to you rationally, I'm not being combative. Not trolling you, you could just express your opinion as to why I'm "off-track" instead of taking your ball and going home.

You are willing to butt heads with @Gastineau Lives  but want me to put  you on ignore, I'm genuinely confused by that stance.

33 minutes ago, Arsis said:

The Irish dude big mad over a downvote on a website. You realize they're not important, right?

Talk about a snowflake.

I don't get mad,  like I said you're downvote is an upvote in my book feel free to downvote this one as well.

212687188_images(3).jpeg.8e62972846b8f4031f183115c369c4d3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We like him.

Understood 😘

11 minutes ago, Arsis said:

you mad GIF

Like I said. Irish man big mad.

At least I've stoked the ire and disdain of the right folks.

the sandlot kiss GIF

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You took the conversation sideways. I figure if you’re that bothered that you took it a different direction, better to ignore me. Just trying to be peaceful, and avoid deflection or generalized arguments, not avoiding anything. Do as you want, it was a suggestion.

Cool ... No worries I'm not easily bothered just thought the topic was broader than the Redskins team name by itself.

I don't get offended by words... I like a good edgy joke. If other people have seriously bigoted views that go beyond humor and want to disparage me for superficial reasons such as race or class that's unfortunate and is their problem and their loss as a human being. 

If all we are discussing is the Redskins name yeah let their fans hit them in the wallet and change the name. I think the fans should vote with their dollars. If you want to join them in advocacy of that cause cool.

Other posters who are more crass I meet with a more crass tone as I enjoy a good troll game and a bit of old fashioned internet blood sport. 

we can leave it at that 😉.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company