GreekJet

Will Snyder change the name?

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

He's a moron but he may not have much of a choice now if all sponsors/apparel partners bail

But apparently he made a substantial donation to Native Americans to correct the issue :) 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I guess this is the part I explain we don’t allow politics, someone post in before the lock, someone post politics and then the thread is locked. 

I really don’t see how it’s even a political issue. The term Redskin is essentially a racial slur which has no business being associated with an NFL franchise. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Of course they were racist, but that was an accepted practice back when these sports leagues started. I judge people by the standards of their era otherwise you are not being fair. For example, The Yankees won't use the Kate Smith version of "God Bless America" because back in 1931 she sang a song "Thats Why the Darkies Were Born." Yet the Yankees for decades refused to sign minority players.  The Yankees excuse themselves for the accepted practice of racism of that era but won't tolerate it from Kate Smith.  Ridiculous!

Im with you to a degree. We have the right to look down upon figures who were on the wrong side of history just as we look up to and praise those who were on the right side. 

Do I think Thomas Jefferson and George Washington deserve to have all their monuments taken down for owning slaves? Not at all, it was nearly 250 years ago in a totally different world. That said it absolutely should be mentioned as a footnote in their legacy and not be hidden (if that makes sense). 

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company