GreekJet

Will Snyder change the name?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Native Americans have called it offensive for much longer than the media. Not everything can/needs to be attributed to “because if the media”.

Nine in 10 Native Americans say they are not offended by the Washington Redskins name, according to a new Washington Post poll that shows how few ordinary Indians have been persuaded by a national movement to change the football team’s moniker.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can't judge people from a few years ago by today's standards or Joe Biden would be labeled a racist.

With that said, times change and what is considered right/wrong changes. The time for Snyder to change the name has come and I'm pretty confident it will happen sooner rather than later.

The late Senator Byrd was a former KKK big shot I wonder if they will tear down anything with his name on it??

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Redskins is a name in use today.  So yes, it can be judged by today's standards.  

It offends more snowflakes then it does native Americans so their standards don't matter I guess??

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, DLJ said:

What if they named a team the Newtown Ni***rs— would that be ok with you since it’s in an “idiolizing manner” or would it be a slur — what about the Chesapeake Ch**ks? What about the Smallville Sp**cs?

Just admit that since it doesn’t bother your PARTICULAR demographic you don’t care. I don’t get how anyone can’t see how offensive the use of a slur as a team name is. Oh that’s right since native

Americans are a marginalized minority no one gives a sh*t

From what I understand if it was a Rap group it would be OK??

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, southtown24th said:

he has no choice

hold off on black lives matter for a minute, the native americans were the indigenous people on this very land we live on long before black lives mattered or white people had privilege.

the real injustices in this country, in addition to all of the other ones, start and end with its indigenous people.

Many Native American tribes practiced some form of slavery before the European introduction of African slavery into North America.[1][2]

Native American groups often enslaved war captives, whom they primarily used for small-scale labor.[1][2] Others however would stake themselves in gambling situations when they had nothing else, which would put them into servitude for a short time, or in some cases for life; captives were also sometimes tortured as part of religious rites, and these sometimes involved ritual cannibalism.[1][4] During times of famine some Native Americans would also temporarily sell their children to obtain food.[1]

History shows one thing the human race isn't always nice to the human race..

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

I mean if the founding fathers and Ghandi are fair game then everything is.

They are even taking down statues of a abolitionist along with Lincoln, Grant etc  Your right everything in a communist take over is always fair game.. It starts in schools when only one side of history is taught and by the time college is over you got a fresh group of young Marxist's..

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

ZERO CHANCE YOU DO LEG DAY 

He didn't say whose legs he was training..:getgreen:

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company