GreekJet

Will Snyder change the name?

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You gotta love Nike saying the name Redskins is unacceptable while they pay slave wages in sweat shops in third world countries. 

790 million dollar loss this year for them too. Not great Bob!

• Like 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Redskins is the only term (of these) that was used as derogatory. Tribe name as ranks are a bit different, seeing that half the tribe names were used to name so much more than teams. That said, the mascots might need altering. I’d defer to the disenfranchised. As a white guy, it’s not my call. I’m certainly not in the camp of snowflaking it because change makes me angry. Do what is right by those that are impacted. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

you can't - too offensive

do me, do me!  who did i vote for?

Kodos

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I will say with the social climate we have today you could legit have half the sports teams names be shelved because someone was upset about something.

Sports should just be shelved in general, and it kind of looks like they will be. 

Just now, Jet Blast said:

Snyder, to this point has held firm.

But the times... they are a changing. Pressure is mounting. BTW, FedEx is not just a sponsor with stadium naming rights, but Frederick Smith, the chairman, CEO and president of FedEx owns a minority stake in the Redskins. Recently, it appears that Nike has removed all Redskins gear from it's online store. For those who will ask, my facts come from here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29401445/stadium-sponsor-fedex-asks-redskins-change-nickname

The point is that this is the beginning of this issue hitting Danny boy right in the wallet. It will likely get worse for him and ultimately he will be forced to give in.

Because money talks.

I believe all the merchandise revenue is shared among the franchises and players get residuals...so it will be interesting to see how that works. The hypocrisy of Nike doesnt seem to matter either, which is always good for a laugh.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Butterfield said:

Its been called flawed by numerous statistical experts, and the newspaper who did it obviously doesn’t even believe in its results.  Don’t know what to tell you.  

doesnt require a "statistical expert" to record a y or n from a phone call. 

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What?

plz explain the statistical expertise required to conduct a team mascot poll based off of a yes or no question.

Just now, Butterfield said:

Sorry, go sign up for a research methods class. I am not here to teach you how things work.  

"research methods"

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What?

lol. The results of a yes/no poll are flawed due to the statistical nuances you must learn from a masters level research methods class. Thanks for sharing.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If, by “cancel culture,” you’re referring to brands and corporations deciding how they market themselves, sure.

aka bending the knee to China

38 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Thank you. I'm hoping the nationwide protests and marches continue, and the focus shifts to tackling income inequality, corporate greed, and fair voting. 

It wont. Changing mascots, abolishing the police, and toppling Lincoln statues is far more important in our chase for true equality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

'America' hasn't decided anything. Opportunistic corporations and politicians are making all the noise. Corporations have turned the cause into a glorified PR campaign, and politicians are out to #GetOutTheVote.

After COVID, most Americans are struggling just to get on with their lives. I'm not sure this issue is of any concern to the many that lost their jobs and are worried about their future. 

On the money. Especially the anxiety many Americans are feeling with the pandemic...corporate boardrooms filled with execs living in their own wealth bubble dictating policy and the #culture isnt a step in the right direction.

Just now, Warfish said:

Because dudes who refuse to even give ground on blatantly racist team names are surely going to vote away their own privilege to provide for true equality, right? :-k

Who's not giving ground?

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Poll design. Participant recruitment questions and qualifiers. It’s quite easy to tilt a poll towards a bias, that’s why my research team rarely uses them. If not designed from an unbiased point to if view, the results are about as meaningful as NPS scores.

Maybe I'm naive, but I dont see WAPO conducting a poll with an integrated bias favoring the name. Hard to believe that was the outcome they were looking for.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Arsis said:

https://study.com/academy/topic/research-methods-in-industrial-organizational-psychology.html

Anyone with at least a puny master's degree in anything that does any type of studies has taken classes on research methods and design. You want to ensure it has validity and reliability and you want to reduce bias.

Yes thanks I know. Congrats on the degree.I’m just curious how you all know this specific poll was inherently biased. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Really don’t see the slope as quite that slippery. 

I mean if the founding fathers and Ghandi are fair game then everything is.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

They are even taking down statues of a abolitionist along with Lincoln, Grant etc  Your right everything in a communist take over is always fair game.. It starts in schools when only one side of history is taught and by the time college is over you got a fresh group of young Marxist's..

We’ll be left with Judd Apatow movies and Taco Bell. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Apatow movies belittle virgins and beta males and Taco Bell abused Chihuahuas in the 90s. 

Retro active cancel culture comes for ALL. 

Taco Bell won the franchise wars sir

• Haha 2

Just now, Vader said:

but cultural appropriation of mexican heritage requests take-backs and reparations to the Mexican government and Mexican Americans. Time to give the taco back to Mexico.

I mean at least McDonalds and KFC didn't steal someone's culture. Just good old fashioned artery clogging white people food.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company