GreekJet

Will Snyder change the name?

I think Native Americans are a beautiful, proud people, and they should be.

If something is truly painful, then you should do something about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i don't view racism and the use of a slur as politics.

that being said - if he's forced to change the team name, what then happens to the Chiefs, Braves, Indians, Seminoles, etc.  it's the tip of the iceberg here.

It's not a slur. Why would someone call themselves a slur, comedic value? 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This has since been updated by a new poll of 1,000 that says that more than half are now offended. It's delicious this feeling of offense and its catching on. I wish it was a stock, I'd use all my available margin on it. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’d argue that a team name that happens to be a racial slur is not inherently politics. I agree, however that some people will use this as a platform for their political agendas. As such, we need to throw poopies at them.  

It's not a slur. No one would name their team the sh*tty sh*tbags.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is a good argument. I’ve completely changed my position.

Yours is just as derpy but much more elaborate. 

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Change it to the Washington Bullets.

And move the team to Chicago?

• Haha 3

Honestly, If it bothers them that much then fine, do it. Only responses from actual Native Americans are being accepted here. Dont bother to quote me if you are whitey.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

And move the team to Staten Island and then call in an air strike

From the mighty Irish airforce?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

If it's LoanSharks, I'm in.

The Ginzos has that covered.

#votegrease

42 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Jets were forced to change their name for whatever reason, what are some New York(or non New York) type nicknames that would fit?  

Maybe a better question would be what names would you submit for a naming contest?

The New York Nukes

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is the angle I’d take in your position. 🤣

Are you saying that someone would name their team something that was meant to portray weakness, cowardice, frailty?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m saying if I were playing troll in the thread, with the material you are using, that I’d falsely equivocate actual points with my derpy comments. The way you just did.

Its the only play you can make here. God speed. 

I dont agree with you, and cant dispute what you said. You a troll!

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Um, I did dispute what you said. You called it derpy... this is a literal description of what you just did.

baby mirror GIF

You cant even respond to my point or answer my question. 

Btw being on the other side of an argument from you sucks lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Look how soft you’ve gotten over the years. Old Angelo would have gotten himself permabanned already. The Angelo Frenchmen. 

He actually got me so mad for a second my head vibrated.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You have the response you’re looking for. Read my posts. It was your decision to render it derpy. 

My grandfather, a Native American and WWII veteran that served with the Windtalkers, found it unnecessary. I defer to him. He wasnt a sensitive type. 

As a white guy, I have no say. I cannot relate to being deemed second class and having white people care more about symbols than the fact that they remind me of my second class position. My rule of thumb is to ignore the polarized bickering about outrage and outrage about outrage, and I just defer to valuing everyday people over corporate entities. Brands can be reimagined, and profit is going to be inevitable in the right industry. 

Our society needs to find its way back to courtesy and respect, and putting people over corporations is part of that. In my opinion.

I was under the impression they didnt really give a sh*t, that combined with my point about wanting to name a team something awesome and strong was where I was coming from.

I'm also lumping this in with the insanity thats been happening lately. I see an Orwellian dystopia on the horizon, but perhaps I shouldnt put them together and just compartmentalize.

28 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

There was once a Negro League team owned by a white guy named the Ethiopian Clowns... so there's that. And then there was the Wops. Yeah, team named that too. Frivolous names are a dime a dozen and many of them are offensive to somebody, which is why they're frivolous.

In any case, what was reasonable in 1930 is not necessarily reasonable today. In 1930, a real Native American couldn't even get a job portraying a Native American. Only Italians could get those jobs. lol

Italians are the best actors.

Thats another good point. We recognize the NFL as serious, monolithic. But when they were named, the league was new and insignificant, perhaps frivolous. 

52 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Incorrect, nobody cares

Change it to Heebs and I'm finally free of being a Jet fan. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

CTM’s staple diet during the summer is those little baggies of psychedelic mushrooms he buys at Phish shows. Given that there aren’t any Phish shows going on, he’s probably emaciated at this point. @predator_05 works out six days a week and; even though he’s all beach muscles, is a far more equitable matchup for me.

You ******* WHORE

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company