Will Snyder change the name?

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This has since been updated by a new poll of 1,000 that says that more than half are now offended. It's delicious this feeling of offense and its catching on. I wish it was a stock, I'd use all my available margin on it. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is so interesting how you can 100% pinpoint whom someone votes for by the level of anxiety they’ll express when you point out that 1. something has transparently racist connotations and/or 2. that racism is bad.

lol ok snowflake

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is so interesting how you can 100% pinpoint whom someone votes for by the level of anxiety they’ll express when you point out that 1. something has transparently racist connotations and/or 2. that racism is bad.

The snowflake paradox.

Snowflake A wants to be mindful of others, and do right by them by over-correcting racist bullsh*t from the past.

Snowflake B, despite being wholly unaffected outside of just being aware it’s happening, completely loses their sh*t.

People don’t vote for policy anymore. They vote for which side of being offended they align with.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’d argue that a team name that happens to be a racial slur is not inherently politics. I agree, however that some people will use this as a platform for their political agendas. As such, we need to throw poopies at them.  

It's not a slur. No one would name their team the sh*tty sh*tbags.

• Thumb Down 1

My home towm CFL team has had an on again off again controversy over their name that being the Edmonton Eskimos.  I'm sure it will get changed sooner or later.

They've (the team) has talked to a a lot of Inuit about it and half of them say 'Hey no problem it is cool having a sports team named after a term that used to describe us.  The other half are outraged at the horrible slur.

I will say with the social climate we have today you could legit have half the sports teams names be shelved because someone was upset about something.

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not my idea, but I like the idea of renaming then “The Washington Cops.”

you can't - too offensive

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

do me, do me!  who did i vote for?

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's not a slur. No one would name their team the sh*tty sh*tbags.

The one thing we know about Angelo, if some team were to change its name to “The sh*tty sh*tbags,” he’d absolutely buy an authentic sh*tty sh*tbags jersey, but with their worst player on it 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I will say with the social climate we have today you could legit have half the sports teams names be shelved because someone was upset about something.

Sports should just be shelved in general, and it kind of looks like they will be. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Change it to the Washington Bullets.

If I was Snyder, this is 100% the route I’d take—I’d agree to change the name, but then I’d wait a few weeks and start submitting the trolliest names possible. First name I’d try: The Washington Patriots, just to watch Roger lose his sh*t.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jet Blast said:

Snyder, to this point has held firm.

But the times... they are a changing. Pressure is mounting. BTW, FedEx is not just a sponsor with stadium naming rights, but Frederick Smith, the chairman, CEO and president of FedEx owns a minority stake in the Redskins. Recently, it appears that Nike has removed all Redskins gear from it's online store. For those who will ask, my facts come from here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29401445/stadium-sponsor-fedex-asks-redskins-change-nickname

The point is that this is the beginning of this issue hitting Danny boy right in the wallet. It will likely get worse for him and ultimately he will be forced to give in.

Because money talks.

I believe all the merchandise revenue is shared among the franchises and players get residuals...so it will be interesting to see how that works. The hypocrisy of Nike doesnt seem to matter either, which is always good for a laugh.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Honestly, If it bothers them that much then fine, do it. Only responses from actual Native Americans are being accepted here. Dont bother to quote me if you are whitey.

I'm just proud of you for not typing "you people" in any of this. 

• Haha 4

If the Jets were forced to change their name for whatever reason, what are some New York(or non New York) type nicknames that would fit?  

Maybe a better question would be what names would you submit for a naming contest?