GreekJet

Will Snyder change the name?

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Jets were forced to change their name for whatever reason, what are some New York type nicknames that would fit?  

The New York Pizza Rats

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

As a Puerto Rican male the team name "The Jets" is both threatening and offensive to me, I hereby suggest we change the team name to "The Sharks".

Thank you for your consideration.

#Westsidestory

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Jets were forced to change their name for whatever reason, what are some New York type nicknames that would fit?  

I would 1000% support changing “Jets” to “Sharks.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The We Believe We Are The Center of The Universe Insufferable Douchebags And Oh the Yankees Also Suck None of You Were Even Alive in 1925 Football Team

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Native Americans have called it offensive for much longer than the media. Not everything can/needs to be attributed to “because if the media”.

That’s why I asked. And it’s actually very unfortunate that the American media cannot be trusted no matter what your beliefs. But that brings us to a harder to answer question, if people can find offense in something that’s not meant to be offensive are we to be offended ?

I mean really if you try hard enough you can find almost anything offensive that has some type of cultural appeal 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

If it's LoanSharks, I'm in.

The Ginzos has that covered.

#votegrease

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"flawed poll"

Its been called flawed by numerous statistical experts, and the newspaper who did it obviously doesn’t even believe in its results.  Don’t know what to tell you.  

Just now, Butterfield said:

Its been called flawed by numerous statistical experts, and the newspaper who did it obviously doesn’t even believe in its results.  Don’t know what to tell you.  

doesnt require a "statistical expert" to record a y or n from a phone call. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

doesnt require a "statistical expert" to record a y or n from a phone call. 

What?

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What?

plz explain the statistical expertise required to conduct a team mascot poll based off of a yes or no question.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

plz explain the statistical expertise required to conduct a team mascot poll based off of a yes or no question.

Sorry, go sign up for a research methods class. I am not here to teach you how things work.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Butterfield said:

Sorry, go sign up for a research methods class. I am not here to teach you how things work.  

"research methods"

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I guess this is the part I explain we don’t allow politics, someone post in before the lock, someone post politics and then the thread is locked. 

I really don’t see how it’s even a political issue. The term Redskin is essentially a racial slur which has no business being associated with an NFL franchise. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Jets were forced to change their name for whatever reason, what are some New York(or non New York) type nicknames that would fit?  

Maybe a better question would be what names would you submit for a naming contest?

The New York Spits

Let's change it to the Washington Dogwhistles.

Love seeing people who have absolutely nothing to do with the group it impacts cry about it. Karens of the world unite and bitch about stuff they have no clue about. Fragile people. A group of minorities say using a slur to describe them as a team name is offensive and your response isn't "sh*t, sorry didn't mean it that way" you seriously lack empathy.

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What?

lol. The results of a yes/no poll are flawed due to the statistical nuances you must learn from a masters level research methods class. Thanks for sharing.

Just now, Matt39 said:

lol. The results of a yes/no poll are flawed due to the statistical nuances you must learn from a masters level research methods class. Thanks for sharing.

What?

The thing is can you name teams after ethic groups. You have a good number of teams with a name referring to Native Americans. Our local high school is nicknamed the Braves. You have Boston Celtics. Hofstra years ago changed their nickname from Flying Dutchmen to Pride. In most cases you think it's a show of respect, that Indians were strong warriors, etc. I don't know if there is objection to names like Indians, Braves, etc. by NA organizations. But Redskins is over the line. That's pretty obvious. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I really don’t see how it’s even a political issue. The term Redskin is essentially a racial slur which has no business being associated with an NFL franchise. 

Stayed tuned. 

• Haha 1

Regardless of name, they've got a great fight song!

7 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Let's change it to the Washington Dogwhistles.

Love seeing people who have absolutely nothing to do with the group it impacts cry about it. Karens of the world unite and bitch about stuff they have no clue about. Fragile people. A group of minorities say using a slur to describe them as a team name is offensive and your response isn't "sh*t, sorry didn't mean it that way" you seriously lack empathy.

25D28BF1-2352-49D5-B308-FFEEE56AC4B4.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2