Darnold hit piece on ESPN front page, "Is his talent salvageable?"

jetstream23

On 7/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Translation: Darnold hit piece by Giants fan.

ESPN is all giants and patriots fans. 

all of their shows currently suck.  I’d rather watch Fox Sports with Colin Cowherd

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are not going to pay Darnold his 20 

they are not going to pay Jamal his 17.5 

the real owner is out of the country

people call me a troll this is the reality of the team.

They live under the cap floor, hire mental patients at HC and people wonder why they are bad. 

as for Darnold all BS aside his fundementals aren't good 

his arm strength is good but not elite 

he's not especially tall or fast or durable 

What exactly are the strengths of his game? Running around like Brett Favre in the 90's and throwing dimes off his back foot 7 seconds into pass protection?  

What are his skills making multiple reads? 

Belly lives in his head

he's not really a fit for the culture or weather of the AFC east 

I'm not sure it's a model for a QB success in the NFL in 2020 

all bashing aside 

it would be nice if he played 16 games and kept his feet on the ground when he threw

that should be the base level for a QB picked 3 overall 

Sam will be one of the highest paid players on the league in 3 years

Book

it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JiF said:

lmfao the Darnold haters are a bizarre bunch.  
Darnold just went 7-6, completed 61% of his passes, had 21 total TD's and 13 INT's (7 coming in 2 games) and threw for 3,000 yards.   All while playing with arguably the worst OL and WR core in the NFL.  Nowhere on earth is that defined as "terrible".

He's a pubic hair below 60% on his career and has more TD's (36) than he does INT (28) - again, not terrible.  Great?  No.  Good.  Arguably when you consider the situation.  Terrible? Absolutely not.   We've seen what terrible looks like.

If all you did was listen to the ignorant loudmouths on ESPN you would think Sam was worse than Ryan Leaf last season

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Sad but true and the only people who think the Jets are not a bottom 4 franchise are Jets fans. We are on parallel with the Browns and Cardinals in the eyes of the nation. Sad....

Jets have never had good ownership 

we went from Leon Hess to Woody 

As bad as Jim Dolan is his father is a smart guy

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont think this is true at all.  I've read plenty of articles claiming Sam to be special by analysts, explayers, bloggers and fans.  There are dudes on TV predicting breakout season and preferring him to other similar prospects.  Dan Orvlosky says he'd take him over anyone that come out the last 3 years.  

I live in Jax, FL when people find out I'm a Jets fan, the typical response is, something like, "well that sucks but I think Darnold is legit."  Honestly, I've never heard anyone knock him that isnt a Jets fan.  My experience is that the only people who really doubt him are Jets fans.  That said, I dont think there is anyone who thinks Sam has arrived.  He has to get better.  But to say he's been terrible is just a horrible misrepresentation of the truth. 

IF Sam can stay healthy this year and it’s a big IF I expect a breakout season 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wouldn't put much stock in anything non-Jets fans have to say about the individual players (whether positive or negative).  The team hasn't made the postseason in a decade and thus has had precious few nationally televised games for a long time.  And how many NFL ticket owners are ever bothering to turn on a Jets game?

This reeks of 2013 offseason when the people knew everything said the jets were going 0-16

Just now, Losmeister said:

only Jet fans are qualified to analyze our own players...??

Jets fans have watched more of Darnold than some ignorant beat writer who is probably a Steelers or Cowboys fan and has watched Sam play an entire game maybe once or twice

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're not watching the players play, then you're not equipped to analyze those players.  So that is correct.  AFC East fans would  be the only ones that are in that "in group" who can make a decent analysis of Jets players.

I'll listen to qualified, intelligent analysts who are paid to watch games.  But other teams' fans, who only see the Jets maybe one time every 2 years or so (and even less if they're NFC fans)?  Nah.  Once the Jets start getting more nationally televised games, then those opinions will be more valid.

And I'm also speaking about the fans of other teams who give huge praise to Jamal Adams despite rarely seeing him play.  Not just Sam Darnold.

Not only that but Sam’s stats aren’t as bad as the media meltdown over him is trying to say it is

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup.  National writers and guys who cover other teams do not watch the full 3 hour games of every one of the 16 games played each weekend.  But, you can be sure they watch the 3 or 4 prime time games each week (Thursday Night, Sunday Night, MNF).  To that end, Sam Darnold had his single worst game as a Pro on national TV vs. the Patriots last year.  His "seeing ghosts" comment became easy ridicule.  Those writers probably haven't seen more than 3 or 4 other Darnold games, and based on how bad the Jets have been it's likely those weren't great games either.

It’s embarrassing watching reporters and commentators expose themselves as blatant hacks by acting like Sam is worse than Akili Smith so far in the NFL.  

Not only do the stats not indicate it if these ignorant clowns even just watched 10 minutes of tape on YouTube they would no so far he has played fairly well

13 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yeah, they kinda are though....we know the excuses, others just see the bad numbers.

And yet Sam had better stats than your boy Baker with nowhere near the supporting cast last season

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

If you think, Adams is classy in any way then you are 100 percent wrong..sorry... if you think he would be a good addition to this team with a  new contract..you are absolutely wrong ..as far as the contract that he wants it is too high...hopefully we can get some compensation that is acceptable.....I trust JD.

This guy is on a crazy agenda because some posters here now are making fun of the sucky midget

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:08 AM, GKnight83 said:

It should be noted that John Elway and Peyton Manning are the biggest choke artists of all time too!

Peyton Manning threw as many picks his rookie year as Sam threw his first 2 seasons combined 

Thank God he was “salvaged”

On 7/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Losmeister said:

No Baker, no Josh Allen, no Rosen

Lamar Jackson has been tremendous but he plays on a great team with the NFL’s best head coach. 

and how the F is Stafford in the top 10????  Did 50 Max Kellermans vote?