jetstream23

Darnold hit piece on ESPN front page, "Is his talent salvageable?"

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Lmao Darnold is an MVP candidate this year but his talent salvageable? Ok then fake news

WTF?

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't know. 

The hyperbole on both sides of the Darnold argument drive me crazy.  I am disappointed in his first two years.  Team has not been good and he has not been what I had hoped.  There are legitimate reasons for this which have been disucssed on this site for the last 10 months 

For a national writer to refer to his numbers as "horrid" is ridiculous click bait.  It is also crazy to refer to him as a sure fire 10-year franchise QB.  I am optmistic about Sam, I hope to see a big leap this season.  But I think it is okay to be a Jet fan and to recornize that the jury is still out .  And he needs to be better this season.

This is the sane view. The jury is definitely still out.

btw

I want to thank you for the replies the other day about the exercise machine. I haven’t gone back home yet and ordered anything, but the pop up adds I now get on this site have become fantastic.

Nothing but young female fitness models in work out gear riding equipment from companies like Nordic Track and Peloton.   👍

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Sanchez was unintentionally entertaining too. The corn rows, the hot dogs, even the butt fumble was funnier than it was hateable. With Darnold all we've gotten is mono and that f'ng ghost quote.

Good point. Sanchez had an engaging personality and an ability to laugh at himself which made him very likeable.

Sam seems beyond boring. A lot of guys here might see that and turn it into him being an all business type of guy. That might be true, I don’t know.

It seems to me that he isnt the type to exude any signs of vocal leadership either in the press, the locker room, or on the field. Maybe he has done/does do that, but it’s certainly not something that jumps out at you.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The phrase that always stops me dead in my tracks when reading posts "It seems to me he isn't the type".

Funny, it always seemed to me you weren’t that type...

😜

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Articles like this are great, I hope Sam is reading them all.

Lol at Sam being like... “Enough already! that Barnwell article was just the motivation I needed after two seasons...”

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesnt

It takes someone to realize (and actually admit) that hes young, raw and has never played without being at the top of the league in pressures, hits, whatever.  He has no time to set himself and throw.  Or to get in rhythem.  Never mind hes had garbage at WR.  

Anyone who watches and understands the game knows this.  Its not an elaborate system of caveats.  

0C56F65E-1C44-4890-9DA0-7646D3A77745.thumb.png.c0f14059874a4bfdecf176666dc36aa4.png

Pretty easy

He matches or bests Watson under far more pressure in most categories.  And didnt have Watsons WRs

Those numbers are from weeks 10-17, nut, the weakest part of the schedule.

We ( both sides) have to stop cherry picking stretches that fit a narrative. I don’t know why it’s such a thing with fans when discussing Darnold.

This is no different then after his rookie year when his last 4 games were always brought up to show he was ready to break out in his second season. Then people harped on the Ghost game against New England. Now here, its 7 games to end the ‘19 season.

Put up his stats for passing under pressure for the entire year. I have no idea what they are, but let’s see if still they make your point. If they do, that’s encouraging.

8 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

He does.

Since drafting Darnold, the Jets are 0-6 when he is out of the lineup.  They are 11-15 when he starts.

That's as black and white as it gets in terms of "making the players around him better."  The Jets are a somewhat competitive team when he plays.  They are possibly the worst team in the league when he does not play.

I love this argument.

you’re saying he’s better than a 40 year old career backup and a practice squad guy who never got reps with the first string, even when he was starting.

“Somewhat competitive”...Thats encouraging.

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not only that but Sam’s stats aren’t as bad as the media meltdown over him is trying to say it is

Out side of NY, when NFL fans are asked what they think about Sam Darnold the first two things they say are

1. Mono

2. Ghosts

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not only that but Sam’s stats aren’t as bad as the media meltdown over him is trying to say it is

Yeah, they kinda are though....we know the excuses, others just see the bad numbers.

• Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Well isn't that nice of you to say. Lets get off the fence here, you have put Darnold down every change you can here, every thread. At the same time being a big Jamal supporter. I have never seen more of a Troll (Trolly) in any forum.

giphy.gif

Classy as always, aren’t you?

Yeah I like Jamal. 

What can I say, I like good players on my team.

btw I like Gase too.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This guy is on a crazy agenda because some posters here now are making fun of the sucky midget

Agenda? I’m positive about almost everything Jets related. I like Gase, Adams and Bell. Even QW. I’m a fan of GW and our defense.

What I don’t do is buy into the hype with Darnold. I don’t think he’s going to be a bust, but I see nothing elite about him, and I say it.. 

The midget stuff you throw back at me? I love it. All’s fair. If I’m going to dish it out, I have to take it.

If other people get upset with it, that’s on them, not me. I can’t help a grown man who can’t deal with another person for not seeing what he sees in a particular player

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company