jetstream23

Darnold hit piece on ESPN front page, "Is his talent salvageable?"

16 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Darnold is an MVP candidate this year

:-k

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

In another thread someone posted that if you extract his 4 worst games from the last 2 years (out of the 24 or so he has played), his stats are actually in the top half of the league (if I recall). When he has a bad game, it's usually really bad. Otherwise, he has played pretty well. The knock on him coming out of USC was fumbling which he has cleaned up.

Why should we extract his four worst games?

How are his stats if we just extract his four best games?

We all hope he plays materially better this year, right?  Ok then.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, slats said:

I did the numbers somewhere else, but if you took out Darnold's best and worst game last year, his stats rose to close to the middle of the pack. I don't remember exactly, but it was a fairly significant move up. It was really only that Cheatriot game that was the outlier of the whole season. But that was a national TV game and it sticks in people's minds. 

I'll just quote you, because I honestly don't think anything additional is required here.

36 minutes ago, slats said:

Does he have to get better? Of course!

We agree.  He has to get better, of course.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

But his overall numbers are skewed pretty significantly by that single game.

Many of our lives are "skewed" by single games, single days, etc.  Selective cherry picking can make alot of things look better than they are. 

I did remember where he wound up with my little math game, right next to Brady and Rivers. Two guys on the downside, but still worth $20M+? 

Oh, and before you ask, I didn’t do the math for Brady and Rivers, but I did eyeball it.

One guy no Jets fan would want anything to do with (Rivers) and one guy who had a very poor (by his standards) seasons where he was not the driving force of his teams success?

Make a poll, ask JN if "Would you be happy with Phillip Rivers as our QB for 2020", see what the answer is, lol.

Like you said, he needs to get better.  Obviously.  Especially if he wants 20M/year.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sam will be one of the highest paid players on the league in 3 years

Book

it

Given how much starting NFL QB's are paid compared to other positions, I would certainly hope he's one of the highest paid.  Saying this isn't exactly aiming high, simply being a starting NFL QB generally makes one in the upper echelon of NFL Salaries.  Way to go out on a limb. :-k

Here is what I care about, will he be one of the highest PRODUCING QB's in the league in 3 years.  I hope he is.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'd like to see Darnold start an entire season on a team that is capable of competing with other NFL Football teams as well. 

The Jets Defense finished top 10 last year without their best player all season long and with no support of any kind from the 32nd ranked Offense.

But yeah, the whole team "can't compete".  :-k

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company