Robby Anderson sh*ts on the Jets boa Twitter

Robby Anderson hopped on Twitter on Friday to talk about being an undrafted rookie free agent in the NFL and take a subtle shot at the New York Jets.

A former undrafted rookie free agent, Anderson spent the first four years of his NFL career with the Jets before signing as a free agent with the Carolina Panthers this offseason. He was the Jets second leading receiver in 2019.

On Friday afternoon Anderson tweeted that “When u #undrafted a team ain’t taking a chance on you drafting you is taking a chance... They have no risk. No expectations for me to become a four year starter and an impact player #undrafted. And paid me bottom dollar they won that situation #educateyourself.”

Last season, the Jets signed Anderson to a one-year, $3.095 million deal after he hit free agency. The Jets had interest in retaining Anderson and bringing him back but Carolina offered the former Temple star a chance to reunite with his old college coach, Matt Rhule.

The two-year, $20 million deal with $12 million guaranteed surely didn’t hurt either.

After losing Anderson to the Panthers, the Jets quickly went out and signed Breshad Perriman. In Perriman, the Jets hope to replace Anderson's quickness with a player who actually had straighter in-line speed coming out of college.

Earlier on Friday, Anderson also tweeted out a video which is clearly a shot at the team that he played for the past four years. The video cut-up pointed out the numerous times that Anderson was missed by Jets quarterbacks over the past four years:

When u #undrafted a team ain’t taking a chance on you drafting you is taking a chance... They have no risk. No expectations for me to become a four year starter and an impact player #undrafted. And paid me bottom dollar they won that situation #educateyourself— Robby Anderson (@chosen1ra) July 3, 2020 

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

When u #undrafted a team ain’t taking a chance on you drafting you is taking a chance... They have no risk. No expectations for me to become a four year starter and an impact player #undrafted. And paid me bottom dollar they won that situation #educateyourself— Robby Anderson (@chosen1ra) July 3, 2020 

He's right

• Upvote 3

Yes Robby it's the Jets fault they didn't make a huge investment in a player who  has conducted themselves the way you have  off the field.    I will probably miss some of the plays he would have made this year but I surely won't miss his tweets that I have to read 7 times to attempt to figure out what he's trying to say or his the jets effed me take on life. . Thanks for what you did on the field at times.   Good luck to you in Carolina.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

If he wasn't a massive idiot, he wouldn't have been undrafted.  He has absolutely no one to blame but himself.

He's saying the jets invested little him and he had a huge ROI via his performance as even a starting caliber player.

Hes not wrong. He didn't owe the Jets anything, it was they who owed him. I'm happy he got paid 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If he wasn't a massive idiot, he wouldn't have been undrafted.  He has absolutely no one to blame but himself.

Exactly.. he could very well come across as the stupidest man on the planet.. sub 100 IQ for sure.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Educate yourself    He should begin with the English language and grammar!

10 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Doesnt it go both ways?   They gave him an opportunity, professional coaching and paid him money to play  while he learned and improved.  Being undrafted, he got to pick the team that he’d have the best chance to make.

If he had played better in college, he would have been drafted.   If he d been a better citizen maybe he d have gotten better contracts.  

The Jets dont owe him anything but the Carolina Panthers owe him 20 million.

So what is the delta between what the market beared for Robbie and what the Jets paid? Millions right? Is the above worth that? Nope..

Particularly considering if he didn't progress the Jets would've cut his ass

The jets made out very well on their deal with Robbie. They decided against paying him market forcing him to uproot himself.  That is their right, as is it's his right to feel bitter about that.

i don't understand what the issue is here?

Just now, CTM said:

So what is the delta between what the market beared for Robbie and what the Jets paid, is all that you mention above worth that? Millions right? Is the above worth that? Nope..

Particularly considering if he didn't progress the Jets would've cut his ass

The jets made out very well on their deal with Robbie. They decided against paying him market forcing him to uproot himself.  That is their right, as is it's his right to feel bitter about that.

i don't understand what the issue is here?

(Looking up at your post)

Are you Robbie Anderson?

33 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Its funny   They took a chance when no one else wanted him and helped develop him.  

Now hes getting 20 million over two yrs    Who won that situation?

I cry for players like Robbie every day.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

He's saying the jets invested little him and he had a huge ROI via his performance as even a starting caliber player.

Hes not wrong. He didn't owe the Jets anything, it was they who owed him. I'm happy he got paid 

Ahhh, no. The Jets offered him more money than the Panthers, so I'm not sure how your post is relevant. Also, without the Jets giving him a chance he would never have become independently wealthy. He's a slightly above JAG and won't get as many targets this year with a QB that doesn't really suit his style. Look for his numbers to go way down. 

• Upvote 1

Don't really see how this is sh--ting on the Jets. The Jets gambled on an RFA and the gamble paid off (on the field anyway). Anderson went was an UDFA not because of his talent at WR but because he was widely known to be a knucklehead (which he showed with the Jets) and lost money because of his own stupidity.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I didn't know until just now that he has a "No pain No Gain" tattoo on his neck.

Would think someone with that mantra would be a little less afraid of contact when trying to make a catch.

He’s built like a stuck match. What do you expect him to do. 

54 minutes ago, CTM said:

He didn't get paid what he wanted, and the Jets didn't owe that punk anything! His ROI wasn't huge at all, just another fool who loves average players. JD understood what Anderson is worth and he let him walk, good riddance!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't care what Carolina's #2 WR thinks.

Is he a Jet?  No?  Then I wish him nothing but failure.  Want to root for him, go watch the Panthers.

This.  He is with the Panthers now -- don't really care what he says or does except when we play against him, which won't happen this season.  Let him say what he wants to say.  And let another fanbase try to interpret and translate his inane ramblings.

• Upvote 4