Sign in to follow this  
Klecko73isGod

Meet the new Klecko

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Congrats dude! Nice of you to share your wee wee pads with the canine companion too

Someone had to teach him what to do.

• Haha 3

Nice..............A75AB9B0-9311-4888-9BF8-FE4864DE0EF4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.afc177410edd3d8773b3db9c6dc7f456.jpeg

On 7/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

20200630_212416.jpg

I Named my dog Revis.... And he always backed away 20 yards. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Klecko is ready for gameday!

20200913_061218.jpg

Are you sure this wasn't a postgame shot?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, southparkcpa said:

I Named my dog Revis.... And he always backed away 20 yards. 

. . . and still got injured by getting tackled by his own man, Bart Scott.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jetophile said:

Big dog person here. Good on you for saving a pitty mix.  I won't get into a moral or ethical discussion about people paying a breeder for a Pitbull/Mastiff/Cane Presario, etc. when hundreds of thousands of perfectly healthy dogs get gassed every year because it's a very multi-layered and complicated subject; but I will say there's a lot of naivete, stupidity, recklessness, lack of committment, lack of responsibility, a throw away mentality and often very unrealistic expectations involved. 

Here's my nut, Henry the Dog in our patchy, grody neighborhood park playing frisbee that no one was allowed in because of COVID-19. As you can tell, we ignored the sign because nobody was freaking in it.

20200429-164428-1.gif

And then there's always . . .  BEFORE!:

IMG-1349.jpg

AFTER!

IMG-1363-1.jpg

He loves the car, which is brand new ground for me because every dog that I've ever adopted has been a major panic mode jackass in the car to the point of almost making me run off the road. Oh, man, the near death with  dogs while driving stories. Good luck, Klecko The Dog!

Nice.

Klecko was a breeder dog that was beaten and chained up outside.

He was heartworm positive when I adopted him.

He is about half of the way through the treatment and it's been rough. He has coughed up blood, developed a UTI and has been on and off of prednisone and painkillers and antibiotics.

He seems to have turned the corner, though. He is doing well and seems as happy as a dog who has a freakishly large appetite due to prednisone can be.. He has a checkup on Thursday and then will go for his final two shots the first week of October. 4-6 more weeks of low activity and then if he tests negative, he will finally be able to just be a dog for the first time in his life.

20200914_135334.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jetophile said:

Big dog person here. Good on you for saving a pitty mix.  I won't get into a moral or ethical discussion about people paying a breeder for a Pitbull/Mastiff/Cane Presario, etc. when hundreds of thousands of perfectly healthy dogs get gassed every year because it's a very multi-layered and complicated subject; but I will say there's a lot of naivete, stupidity, recklessness, lack of committment, lack of responsibility, a throw away mentality and often very unrealistic expectations involved. 

Here's my nut, Henry the Dog in our patchy, grody neighborhood park playing frisbee that no one was allowed in because of COVID-19. As you can tell, we ignored the sign because nobody was freaking in it.

20200429-164428-1.gif

And then there's always . . .  BEFORE!:

IMG-1349.jpg

AFTER!

IMG-1363-1.jpg

He loves the car, which is brand new ground for me because every dog that I've ever adopted has been a major panic mode jackass in the car to the point of almost making me run off the road. Oh, man, the near death with  dogs while driving stories. Good luck, Klecko The Dog!

Awesome. I love dogs too, way more than people.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Awesome. I love dogs too, way more than people.

I opted out of kids, childless by choice if that tells you anything, lol. "Your biological clock is ticking . . . " "Great! C'mon, menopause! Are we there yet? Wooooo!" I officially became a crone this Feb., threw a party.

Full-Size-R-1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 7:08 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

Nice.

Klecko was a breeder dog that was beaten and chained up outside.

He was heartworm positive when I adopted him.

He is about half of the way through the treatment and it's been rough. He has coughed up blood, developed a UTI and has been on and off of prednisone and painkillers and antibiotics.

He seems to have turned the corner, though. He is doing well and seems as happy as a dog who has a freakishly large appetite due to prednisone can be.. He has a checkup on Thursday and then will go for his final two shots the first week of October. 4-6 more weeks of low activity and then if he tests negative, he will finally be able to just be a dog for the first time in his life.

20200914_135334.jpg

: /

but . . .

: )

Double blessings for adopting a Heartworm+ dog. Keep us posted. Klecko the Dog, meet Marty the Cat . . . (no picture, sorry, but an orange Tabby). 

My rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, had a cat named Marty - Marty Lions, with an 'i' because it was a cat, heh - and of course because he loves Marty Lyons (who doesn't?). He found Marty with a huge head wound (hit by a car) on the side of the road years ago. Marty was a little off because of his head injury, and would only let Vinnie touch him.

Anyway, I always thought it was great naming a cat Marty Lions for Marty Lyons, but there's a secondary reason to the primary reason, that being he named Marty for Marty because Marty Lyons was a bleeder. LMAO.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s my two babies. Bruno is my 18 month old French Bulldog. He’s the hardest head dog I’ve ever owned. Think he has Tourette’s. But sweet loving baby. 

Other is my GoGo Juice. 6 year old rescue female. My ball drive dog. Loves playing fetch. Sweetest animal I’ve ever owned. I got kids too, but they are grown doing their thing and now my dogs are my babies. F746B32F-E3D8-42C0-B7E6-574A711275F2.jpeg

French Bulldogs are, er, difficult! GoGo looks like a person, haha. Anxiety about an algebra test, someone farted, could go either way. Oh . . . it was Bruno.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Can't see dog pic. : (

Meet the original..........

A75AB9B0-9311-4888-9BF8-FE4864DE0EF4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.58661d06f346ad2d837d7756d5c97502.jpeg

Trying to post Klecko's future play date...

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2020 at 6:11 PM, JiF said:

dogs (2).jpg

Klecko is on his way!

We had a quick checkup this morning. His heart sounded good and he is responding well to the shot and the meds.

His final two shots are in two weeks. 

Keep your fingers crossed for him.

20200917_133512.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2020 at 1:19 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

After watching the Jets ....

giphy.gif

I don't get it...this is in-game footage...why does it say 'after'?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jetophile said:

Update and more dog mugs, please. Inquiring minds want to know.

20200504-113137.jpg

Klecko is doing great!

Had his shots on Oct. 2nd and 3rd and is feeling great. It's been tough keeping him on low activity but we've got six more days.

His next checkup is Monday morning and if all is well he finally gets to just be a dog.

20201022_210242.jpg

20201024_093842.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

20200630_212416.jpg

Awww klacko he has your jowls!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well my boy is 100% heartworm free!

He has a couple more weeks of low activity before he can truly be unleashed on the world but it's getting tougher every day to stick to that because he is feeling good and full of energy. 

Now that he is off meds completely his personality is really starting to shine through and he's just a big goofball that lives for belly rubs - just like his old man! (Right @JiF?)

20201116_173143.jpg

20201115_201441.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/18/2020 at 2:16 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

Well my boy is 100% heartworm free!

He has a couple more weeks of low activity before he can truly be unleashed on the world but it's getting tougher every day to stick to that because he is feeling good and full of energy. 

Now that he is off meds completely his personality is really starting to shine through and he's just a big goofball that lives for belly rubs - just like his old man! (Right @JiF?)

20201116_173143.jpg

20201115_201441.jpg

I love all the loose mouth skin. All the better to moosh, stretch, and make comical faces with! Er, not that I've ever done that with any of my dogs or anything. 😏 

You did a kind thing. Your dog will remind you a million times over.