Washington DC Team -Idea For New Name, Uniform & Logo

Since the recent thread for the new name for the Washington DC team has been closed, I figured I'd get my idea in here...

I think I have a good idea for a new team name. uniform and logo.

Team name will be Washington DC Federals

Uniform with have a Jersey the same dark blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform. Stripes will be lighter blue and minimal. 

Uniform pants will be the same pale blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform.  Perhaps a dark blue stripe down the side

Helmet will also be Union blue with light blue striped that match the pants color.

And now... The really kewl part.  The helmet logo will be silver/gray and it can be any of the following.

1. U.S. Eagle in the style of the Union hat badge

2. Crossed cavalry sabers

3. A civil war cannon (like AC/DC For Those About To Rock album cover.

That would be a very manly and handsome uniform.  Goes perfectly with a DC team...

And... What better way to get rid of an offensive racial icon than with a tribute to the uniform of the Union.  A symbol of emancipation, equality, liberty, justice and so on...

Anyway.... I think it would be a good name and a good uniform.   When they score TD's you can have guys on the sideline in full Civil war garb pulling the lanyards on cannons...

• Thumb Down 8

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Since the recent thread for the new name for the Washington DC team has been closed, I figured I'd get my idea in here...

I think I have a good idea for a new team name. uniform and logo.

Team name will be Washington DC Federals

Uniform with have a Jersey the same dark blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform. Stripes will be lighter blue and minimal. 

Uniform pants will be the same pale blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform.  Perhaps a dark blue stripe down the side

Helmet will also be Union blue with light blue striped that match the pants color.

And now... The really kewl part.  The helmet logo will be silver/gray and it can be any of the following.

1. U.S. Eagle in the style of the Union hat badge

2. Crossed cavalry sabers

3. A civil war cannon (like AC/DC For Those About To Rock album cover.

That would be a very manly and handsome uniform.  Goes perfectly with a DC team...

And... What better way to get rid of an offensive racial icon than with a tribute to the uniform of the Union.  A symbol of emancipation, equality, liberty, justice and so on...

Anyway.... I think it would be a good name and a good uniform.   When they score TD's you can have guys on the sideline in full Civil war garb pulling the lanyards on cannons...

I dont even know where to start with this lol. 

• Haha 4

How about the Washington If You’re A Grown Man And Your Identity Is Tied This Much To Your Favorite Sports Team‘s Nickname Then Perhaps You Should Do Some Self Reflection And Grow The Hell Up Rather Than Try And Treat Someone Else’s Culture Like It’s A ******* Cartoon Football Club. 

• Upvote 4

The team doesn't actually play in DC. This would be an opportunity to change that, The city of Landover or Prince George's County could be used, so ...

Landover Discoveries or Defenders?

Prince George's In-a-can?

or will an NFL finally sell out completely and have a name like Japanese or Korean baseball after a sponser

The FedEx Deliveries? The Pepsi Generations?  

One last equally silly thought is to adopt one of those amazing Argentinian soccer nicknames;- 

- Newell's Old Boys The Leprosy  

- Estudiantes de al Plata Rat Stabbers

- Argentinos Juniors Red Bugs

- Chacaritas Juniors Undertakers

- Rosario Central Scoundrels

or Brazil:

- Ceara Big Grandpa

- Bragatino Clockwork Sausage

- Gremio Three-colored Immortal

- Coritiba White Thighs

of course no matter what, no one will probably ever top the minor league baseball team based in Macon, GA, the Macon Woopies

• Upvote 1

Redskins Change Name To 'Lizard People' To Better Represent Population Of Washington, D.C.

The District of Columbia informed the team that they cannot return to playing within the district until they have a name that is more fitting for a team representing the capital of our country. To that end, the team officially announced today they would be renaming themselves to "The Washington Lizard People."

"This is a much better name, far more reflective of the great city of Washington, D.C.," said Eleanor Holmes Norton, D.C.'s representative. "All the politicians, bureaucrats, and leaders here in the district felt the name had great appeal."

Politicians immediately expressed their support for the name change, saying they can relate to a team called the Lizard People. "I see a name like Lizard People, and I know that's a team I can be proud of," said Adam Schiff, his eyes hungrily following a fly buzzing around the room. He licked his lips. "Much better than that Redskins nonsense. Hey, look over there, is that Vladimir Putin?" As reporters turned to look, Schiff shot a long tongue out of his mouth, lightning-quick, and nabbed the fly. "Oh, must have been mistaken," he said, shrugging.

"I pushed for 'The Turtles,'" said Mitch McConnell. "But Lizard People is acceptable, I suppose. It implies patriotism, good football, and a reptilian conspiracy to enslave puny, meaningless humanity beneath the glorious, scaly claws of lizardkind, humans forever in subjugation to their cosmic superiors, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"I mean, um... can you believe how bad Nancy Pelosi is?"

image.thumb.png.cffcff15c6285733799795d12076aa81.png

• Haha 3

It would never fly, but my vote would be The Americans.

Native Americans are the original Americans, it's a fitting acknowledgement to the country's roots and a word that is inclusive at a time when this country needs it.

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1265E58F-E9A2-43B2-909F-21DD5E764FB9.thumb.jpeg.d64643677ba15fedd021ad4ca2f4b878.jpeg

Found these on Instagram.  I like 'em all.

They actually all are really good. 

I would think "Pigskins" would be a logical favorite. It is a football thing, every body can still call them the skins and it keeps a reference to the hogs so there is some historical connection.

That said if I were them I would consider a complete rebrand. Let the Redskins stay the Redskins forever and start a new destiny for the team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

They actually all are really good. 

I would think "Pigskins" would be a logical favorite. It is a football thing, every body can still call them the skins and it keeps a reference to the hogs so there is some historical connection.

That said if I were them I would consider a complete rebrand. Let the Redskins stay the Redskins forever and start a new destiny for the team.

Didn't even think of the "Pigskins"

I really like that one.