Washington DC Team -Idea For New Name, Uniform & Logo

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Since the recent thread for the new name for the Washington DC team has been closed, I figured I'd get my idea in here...

I think I have a good idea for a new team name. uniform and logo.

Team name will be Washington DC Federals

Uniform with have a Jersey the same dark blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform. Stripes will be lighter blue and minimal. 

Uniform pants will be the same pale blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform.  Perhaps a dark blue stripe down the side

Helmet will also be Union blue with light blue striped that match the pants color.

And now... The really kewl part.  The helmet logo will be silver/gray and it can be any of the following.

1. U.S. Eagle in the style of the Union hat badge

2. Crossed cavalry sabers

3. A civil war cannon (like AC/DC For Those About To Rock album cover.

That would be a very manly and handsome uniform.  Goes perfectly with a DC team...

And... What better way to get rid of an offensive racial icon than with a tribute to the uniform of the Union.  A symbol of emancipation, equality, liberty, justice and so on...

Anyway.... I think it would be a good name and a good uniform.   When they score TD's you can have guys on the sideline in full Civil war garb pulling the lanyards on cannons...

Beautiful concept.

I wanted to bring your ideas to life, so i followed your instructions as best as i could:

redskinzlogo.jpg

What do you think?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

1265E58F-E9A2-43B2-909F-21DD5E764FB9.thumb.jpeg.d64643677ba15fedd021ad4ca2f4b878.jpeg

Found these on Instagram.  I like 'em all.

Redtails, Warriors, or Pigskins would be my vote. I wonder if Pigskins would eventually have to be changed because it would be offensive towards PETA haha 

When I think of the Washington Monuments, I can't not see the Washington Monument with 2 footballs next to it ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

There was a Washington Federals in the USFL. They had a good logo, too. Federals.gif

Federals would be an ideal name.  Gotta have the colors of the Union Civil war uniform, though,  That would be ideal.... 

As suggested, helmet logo could be the US Eagle, Crossed Sabers or Civil War Cannon on a union blue helmet with two light blue or silver/gray stripes.  If you want more color, you can also have gold or red accents.  Perhaps even make the logo gold and the stripes red.  It would be a badass uniform.  Very manly looking and patriotic. 

gettyimages-489850531-1024x1024.jpg

tumblr_lkw017lczz1qjzfcfo1_500.jpg

Unioneagle3.jpeg.jpg

cavalry-officers-deluxe-hat-insignia-badge-1509-p.jpg

43 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Beautiful concept.

I wanted to bring your ideas to life, so i followed your instructions as best as i could:

redskinzlogo.jpg

What do you think?

HAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Made my morning.  Brilliant !!! Absolutely masterful...

• Sympathy 1

redskinslogo11381527361.jpg

Apart from the ideas posted earlier, this is another common one.

Of course, like the "New Bold Jets Uniforms", the real deal, whatever it turns out to be, will be nothing like any of these concepts, and will almost assuredly be 98% worse.  

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Since the recent thread for the new name for the Washington DC team has been closed, I figured I'd get my idea in here...

I think I have a good idea for a new team name. uniform and logo.

Team name will be Washington DC Federals

Uniform with have a Jersey the same dark blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform. Stripes will be lighter blue and minimal. 

Uniform pants will be the same pale blue color as the Union Civil War Uniform.  Perhaps a dark blue stripe down the side

Helmet will also be Union blue with light blue striped that match the pants color.

And now... The really kewl part.  The helmet logo will be silver/gray and it can be any of the following.

1. U.S. Eagle in the style of the Union hat badge

2. Crossed cavalry sabers

3. A civil war cannon (like AC/DC For Those About To Rock album cover.

That would be a very manly and handsome uniform.  Goes perfectly with a DC team...

And... What better way to get rid of an offensive racial icon than with a tribute to the uniform of the Union.  A symbol of emancipation, equality, liberty, justice and so on...

Anyway.... I think it would be a good name and a good uniform.   When they score TD's you can have guys on the sideline in full Civil war garb pulling the lanyards on cannons...

Apart from all the PC/not PC, 'redskin' history, truly offensive or not offensive to native americans, etc. etc. rhetoric....this def sounds like the best idea i have heard so far. I like the colors really a nice combination with an old school vibe. The name and logo ideas are great, I'd make mike the simple crossed sabres and I'd make them gold so they pop more on the helmet. 

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

They actually all are really good. 

I would think "Pigskins" would be a logical favorite. It is a football thing, every body can still call them the skins and it keeps a reference to the hogs so there is some historical connection.

That said if I were them I would consider a complete rebrand. Let the Redskins stay the Redskins forever and start a new destiny for the team.

That's Joe Beningo's name for the team .

52 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Here’s the problem with that , and understand I’ve never once made a political post here , and don’t want to start now . But the problem is sports ARE politics now , we didn’t start it , we don’t want it , the players and the media did . ESPN is a political network , the NBA and NFL are talking politics 24/7. It’s almost becoming unavoidable to NOT talk politics if you are going to talk sports , they go hand in hand . It’s sad , I hate it , but it’s fact . I hope it changes back to the point where guys like us can just talk sports ...but I see it getting worse not better . 

Honestly I can watch golf as background noise and grill today so that’s enough for me. I hope the other sports don’t come back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

Here’s the problem with that , and understand I’ve never once made a political post here , and don’t want to start now . But the problem is sports ARE politics now , we didn’t start it , we don’t want it , the players and the media did . ESPN is a political network , the NBA and NFL are talking politics 24/7. It’s almost becoming unavoidable to NOT talk politics if you are going to talk sports , they go hand in hand . It’s sad , I hate it , but it’s fact . I hope it changes back to the point where guys like us can just talk sports ...but I see it getting worse not better . 

You are 100% correct. I no longer listen to 98.7 or 101.9 or watch ESPN! I used to turn them on to get away from politics and news now that is all these media outlets do! They all also spread the same PC garbage, probably most of the hosts are being disingenuous but if they dare stray from the party line they will pay consequences. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Apart from all the PC/not PC, 'redskin' history, truly offensive or not offensive to native americans, etc. etc. rhetoric....this def sounds like the best idea i have heard so far. I like the colors really a nice combination with an old school vibe. The name and logo ideas are great, I'd make mike the simple crossed sabres and I'd make them gold so they pop more on the helmet. 

Thank you... Agree with making the helmet logo gold. It would look really nice.  

22 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are 100% correct. I no longer listen to 98.7 or 101.9 or watch ESPN! I used to turn them on to get away from politics and news now that is all these media outlets do! They all also spread the same PC garbage, probably most of the hosts are being disingenuous but if they dare stray from the party line they will pay consequences. 

Someone pointing out that politics have infected everything isn't really an invitation to share your political opinion here, which is what this is. 

@Maxman opened up the club option for this reason. The topics of the day, BLM and COVID-19, are helplessly interwoven with football. And there's too much politics in those issues, too, particularly the virus which should have no politics, just sound policy based on the best science of the day, but I digress... 

No politics here. I don't want to know your politics, and I already know too much. We just want a site where we all suffer as Jet fans together.

I'd love to see the NFL get back back to being at least mostly about football. This is an election year, so it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. If you need to talk about those couple issues with the folks here, take it to those club rooms. You wanna have political discussions? Yell at your friends and family on facebook. They're waiting for you. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1