Joey "Jaws" Chestnut Greatest Athlete Ever?

8 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

75 hot dogs in 10 minutes

7.5 per minute

1 every 8 seconds for 10 straight minutes

75 hotdogs in one full day, I can't even imagine THAT

Well at least they were Nathan's. Betcha the Sabrett record would be much less 

My dog could beat him

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2020 at 1:08 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Once again 13 time winner Joey Chestnut sets a record at the Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest: 

75 in 10 minutes. Breaking his own record of 74 in 2018.

There is something deeply wrong with anyone who takes any interest, at all, in Joey Chestnut or "competitive" eating.

JMO.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is something deeply wrong with anyone who takes any interest, at all, in Joey Chestnut or "competitive" eating.

JMO.

I was being tongue in cheek with this thread.  Also pretty desperate for a live competition event. LOL

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

JMO.

I don’t watch competitive eating outside of the hot dog eating contest but I will admit that for a long time now I look forward to it every year. I especially enjoy Joey Chestnut and rooting for him to break the record every year. When Matt Stonie upset Joey Jaws in 2015 I was legitimately upset. 

7 hours ago, RobR said:

Hot dog eating contests, just like surfing are not sports. 

Not going to argue hot dog eating but saying surfing isn’t a sport is legit the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.  Congrats 

9 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Watch this video and tell me the hot dog eating contest isn’t awesome. 

Have been to it a few times. Theater of the truly absurd. Tons of fun everyone having a great time.

I hope situation improves and they let the crowd back next year.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Someone who says surfing is not a sport cant swim and born with 2 left feet.

lmfao - legit one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard in my life but in Rob's defense, I probably should have seeked to understand how he could be so wrong and instead educate him instead of insulting his opinion.  It was just so shocking to read.  Clearly he's never tried it before so he  has absolutely no idea how physically demanding surfing is.  I grew up playing the core 3, baseball, basketball, football - none of them come anywhere close to the physical demands of surfing, like, not even remotely close.  I'm a die hard baseball fan, it was my first passion, played it my entire childhood into High School.  Surfing is 1000000x more physically demanding.  I'd venture to say 99% of baseball players wouldnt even be able to paddle out let alone catch a wave. 

It's like saying golf isnt a sport but Nascar is or something ridiculous like that.  Is Skiing a sport?  Swimming?  Gymnastics?   I've done them all, surfing is 10000x more physically demanding, legit not even close. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Not going to argue hot dog eating but saying surfing isn’t a sport is legit the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.  Congrats 

The dumbest thing is thinking that a skill is a sport. I guess you think diving is a sport.

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

The dumbest thing is thinking that a skill is a sport. I guess you think diving is a sport.

See above.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about surfing and that's cool, I'd probably just avoid having an opinion on something you're clueless about.  Like, comparing it to diving, lol, not sure if you're just trolling me but that's is completely idiotic.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

See above.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about surfing and that's cool, I'd probably just avoid having an opinion on something you're clueless about.  Like, comparing it to diving, lol, not sure if you're just trolling me but that's is completely idiotic.  

Just because something is physically demanding does not make it a sport. Surfing is a skill just like diving, even something like table tennis is a sport. It shouldn't be too hard to decipher the difference.

Edit: And FTR I used to surf a bit when I was younger. Still doesn't make it a sport.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Just because something is physically demanding does not make it a sport. Surfing is a skill just like diving, even something like table tennis is a sport. It shouldn't be too hard to decipher the difference.

Edit: And FTR I used to surf a bit when I was younger. Still doesn't make it a sport.

You've never surfed in your life, clearly. 

Good talk though.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

You've never surfed in your life, clearly. 

Good talk though.

Not sure why you don't believe I've surfed before, it's not something one would make up. It also doesn't change the fact that surfing is not a sport. The closest comparison would be figure skating, which you guessed it, is not a sport.

I don't have time to get into the "is it a sport debate" but I took a surfing lesson 1x and it was among the hardest physical activities I've tried. For the record, I grew up playing football, baseball, basketball, brazilian jiu jitsu, boxing, thai boxing and krav maga. Surfing was harder than all of them. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not sure why you don't believe I've surfed before, it's not something one would make up. It also doesn't change the fact that surfing is not a sport. The closest comparison would be figure skating, which you guessed it, is not a sport.

Figure skating?  lmfao.   This is how I know you've never surfed.  To make that comparison is absolutely assinine.  Legit.   Or just being a troll which in that case, I'm sorry I bit but this is the dumbest take I've ever heard in my life.  

lol - by your estimation of what makes a sport, then surfing is more of a sport than Basketball, Baseball, Football, Golfing, Gymnastics, Track and field, every winter sport in the world and so on lmfao 

I got a good laugh from this, thank you. 

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I don't have time to get into the "is it a sport debate" but I took a surfing lesson 1x and it was among the hardest physical activities I've tried. For the record, I grew up playing football, baseball, basketball, brazilian jiu jitsu, boxing, thai boxing and krav maga. Surfing was harder than all of them. 

I have to think Rob is trolling, there is no way he can actually be serious.