PSA- New poster PreeTeenBean- lil help

16 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Oh man. That's awesome. I had no idea.   lol

If you have any pointers from what you learned I'm all ears. 

I'm still waiting for the day @T0mShane gives him the business. 

If you want me to take the whelp and put some hair on his chest like Uncle Argyle in Braveheart, you let me know.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Welcome to the jungle, young man.

You’re going to love it here. Have fun, don’t take things too seriously, and always upvote my posts.

Your dad probably told you already, but I’m the smart one in the room.Listen to me, and you’ll be fine....?

There you are. I tried to tag you in a post earlier but to no avail. I didn't know about the name change.  WTF?  :) 

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I was 14 while watching the Jets win the Super Bowl 

Here's to hoping PTB is the same age for the next one !

BTW: If you haven't started already, 12 is an excellent age to begin playing the electric guitar :)

He's quite the drummer actually.  :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I was 14 while watching the Jets win the Super Bowl 

Here's to hoping PTB is the same age for the next one !

BTW: If you haven't started already, 12 is an excellent age to begin playing the electric guitar :)

I think @GREENBEAN should buy him a drum set.  Then mini-bean could play the drums all day long in the back of the RV while greenbean drives and makes Jets videos.  

Drum roll please....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey guys, 

Just wanted to let you all know that you will begin to see some posts from a new poster with the name @preteenbean here on JN. This die hard Jets fan happens to be my 12 yr old son.  I finally cracked and allowed the kid who has been asking me to come on here since he was 7 years old to become a JN poster. lol  

He has been looking forward to this day in what feels like his whole life. 

Do me a favor try and keep an eye on him and try to temper some of the ire for what might end up being misinformed opinions. he hangs out with me all day after all.  I'll just get this out now. He's a huge Darnold and... Jamal Adams fan  :)   

@Maxman help me out  hahaha 

Thanks everyone. 

The Apple doesn't fall.....etc, etc.  You get the meaning...WELCOME PRETEENBEAN!!!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey guys, 

....I finally cracked and allowed the kid who has been asking me to come on here since he was 7 years old to become a JN poster. lol  

He has been looking forward to this day in what feels like his whole life. 

Do me a favor try and keep an eye on him and try to temper some of the ire for what might end up being misinformed opinions. he hangs out with me all day after all.  I'll just get this out now. He's a huge Darnold and... Jamal Adams fan  :)   

@Maxman help me out  hahaha 

Heck my son turned 18 yesterday and I finally allowed him to play “M” rated games. 

JETNATION is much worse than DOOM!

☠️???☠️???☠️???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Heck my son turned 18 yesterday and I finally allowed him to play “M” rated games. 

JETNATION is much worse than DOOM!

☠️???☠️???☠️???

haha  I totally get it. He's a metal head and I have to disallow some of the more aggressive bands and all of that.  It's tough to regulate all of this stuff. I figure if he spends some time here with you lot maybe he'll have less of the other cfrap I have to account for. :) 

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Good choice!

Ive been playing drums for 42 years, started when I was 8.

yeah it's important to get em started early. It's been hard since we hit the road but we'll figure it out. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

and I didn't see this before buying him a drum set post.  Too funny.  Does he play in the back of the RV?  

A few months ago I traded his analog set for an electronic set with the hopes of fitting it in. But no dice. We're still working on it but so far no drums in here. :(  

1 hour ago, slats said:

My kids have no interest in the Jets. Guess I'm just a better father than some of you. 

hahaha. 

I tried man. My wife is from Baltimore and I tried to link him to the Ravens. But the kid has too much of his old man I suppose. Watching me complain seemed too attractive to pass up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

My kids have no interest in the Jets. Guess I'm just a better father than some of you. 

Oldest boy is nearly as infected as I am. The other four have an active acquired immunity to it. My asinine antics related to the Jets failures over the years during games basically vaccinated them. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oldest boy is nearly as infected as I am. The other four have an active acquired immunity to it. My asinine antics related to the Jets failures over the years during games basically vaccinated them. 

@Mogglez is my proof

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

A few months ago I traded his analog set for an electronic set with the hopes of fitting it in. But no dice. We're still working on it but so far no drums in here. :(  

sooooooo ....

12 is a great age to pick up electric guitar for a kid who started on drums (some of the really good players started that way). 

Advantages:

1. Can play in the same band as Dad

2. Guitar, amp and pedalboard fit nicely in small spaces

not that I have any bias in this regard ...

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Already a win with the revival of that long lost avatar.

Welcome aboard son-of-greenbean.  My son used to read the forums too.  He thinks we are all crazy.

He was in and out of here in record time. 

well I'm staying here at least for one more day ;). And thanks for noticing the avatar!

• Upvote 1