Jump to content

My Jets Man Cave Unveiling


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, its been a little while since posting. Earlier this year moved out of my parents house into my own house, and in between re-painting EVERY ROOM but 2, I have been hard at work on my den whic

The Jeremy Kerley jersey really brings the whole room together. 

I think your Jets memorabilia collection is worth more than my retirement account. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

There's a lot of depressing stuff going on right now, so i'm hoping to provide a little relief unveiling it off to the rest of my JetNation friends 

Good stuff dude. I like what ya've done to the place  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an awesome cave when I lived in NH. Didn't have room for all the stuff when I moved south so I gave it all to my nephew on Long Island. 

Best part of the collection was I had the Franklin Mint cast Jets Mustang, Pick up Truck, Bus & Plane. Castings were beautiful, doors, hoods, all open & closed, Truck had miniature Kegs, Bus had travel bags & the side panels opened. Had a large canvas photo of Namath (signed), Boomer signed Football (I was living in Worcester MA, radio station did an auction for Cystic Fibrosis, I bid $50 and won. Hell, the NFL approved football cost more than that). Funny thing is one Thansgiving I said eff it, let's throw this bitch around, lol.) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I think it is very nice, it is a reminder of what a poor job the Jets as an organization has done in celebrating members of the SBIII team who are not named Namath. 

Snell, Boozer, Maynard, Sauer, Hill, Herman, Rasmussen, Schmidt, Philbin, Elliot, Grantham, Biggs.

These are Great, Great players with some deserving HOF consideration. I still can't figure out why a player like Fred Dean is in the HOF and Gerry Philbin is not other the fact that Dean played for a few years after they started counting sacks. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Oh my how you have  grown. 

Covid has pushed us out of the city - moving to the suburbs.  If you only knew the time I spent on Restoration Hardware's website looking for ideas to hopefully find similar on Wayfair for a quarter of the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Girlfriend in the process of moving in and... as far as she has said, "Doesn't mind it".

Am I the only one for whom alarm bells instantly started to go off here?

Pretty soon you will find your DVR conflicts having been resolved in favor of Judge Judy, Real housewives of Beverly Hills and  Dr. Phil.

Did the OP ever mention which other NFL team the girlfriend is a supporter of?

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Girlfriend in the process of moving in and... as far as she has said, "Doesn't mind it".

Am I the only one for whom alarm bells instantly started to go off here?

Pretty soon you will find your DVR conflicts having been resolved in favor of Judge Judy, Real housewives of Beverly Hills and  Dr. Phil.

Did the OP ever mention which other NFL team the girlfriend is a supporter of?

 

 

If my dude is smaht, he'll have another floor of the house made for the wife/girlfriend, leaving the man cave off-limits at all times during footbaw season.

 

I would recommend he buy some fart-flavored air freshner to create a 'manly' ambience that can effectively scare away the feminine species.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If my dude is smaht, he'll have another floor of the house made for the wife/girlfriend, leaving the man cave off-limits at all times during footbaw season.

 

I would recommend he buy some fart-flavored air freshner to create a 'manly' ambience that can effectively scare away the feminine species.

She has say in all other rooms and we converted The smaller spare bedroom into her book room/office. 
 

she’s an eagles fan so Atleast it’s still green haha

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Here we go. Let me guess, he’s a bad fan? 

That's a good point, Ghost.  Who's the bigger fan?

The one who spends $40,000 on a basement and pretzels and attends no games or the one who spends $40,000 on season tickets and fuel and drives 2 hours each way 8x a year to support the team in person?

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's a good point, Ghost.  Who's the bigger fan?

The one who spends $40,000 on a basement and pretzels and attends no games or the one who spends $40,000 on season tickets and fuel and drives 2 hours each way 8x a year to support the team in person?

SAR I

Oh, for ****s sake...

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's a good point, Ghost.  Who's the bigger fan?

The one who spends $40,000 on a basement and pretzels and attends no games or the one who spends $40,000 on season tickets and fuel and drives 2 hours each way 8x a year to support the team in person?

SAR I

 

He's the bigger fan than you, and is far more likable.  Having money and bragging about it at every turn doesn't make you a better person.  It makes you elitist.  And a lot of other evidence on this board suggests you're not a good person.  You know, the stuff that actually matters in life.

Eventually, all the money and possessions you've accumulated will either go to someone else or end up "back in the box".  None of that matters in the long run.  No one cares.  Your net worth does not equal your life's worth.  We all end up equals once we reach the grave.

Deal with it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's a good point, Ghost.  Who's the bigger fan?

The one who spends $40,000 on a basement and pretzels and attends no games or the one who spends $40,000 on season tickets and fuel and drives 2 hours each way 8x a year to support the team in person?

SAR I

The fact that you think I spent 40k on the basement is comical

and you proved why you are the only person I blocked on this forum. 
 

there’s a lot more I’d like to say about the type of person you are, but I won’t.  I just wish when you were on your last vacation from here, you wouldn't have come back. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And you’re right. I don’t attend a lot of games, which makes when I do that much more special. I much rather stay home surrounded by family and friends watching games. 
 

I have gone to just about EVERY open training camp practice since 2009.

Money does not make you more or less of a fan. 
 

what I surrounded myself is things from my favorite players, and memories I made from trips to camp. 
 

if that makes me less of a fan then I’m ok with that, and I’m happy that I don’t let money define my status in life. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

if that makes me less of a fan then I’m ok with that, and I’m happy that I don’t let money define my status in life. 

He has nothing else to go on, and he secretly knows it.  He has no other redeemable qualities to fall back on.  That's why he talks about money and about being better than everyone else as much as he does.

It must suck having to deal with your own mortality and realize you bring nothing to the table as a human being other than pieces of paper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has nothing else to go on, and he secretly knows it.  He has no other redeemable qualities to fall back on.  That's why he talks about money and about being better than everyone else as much as he does.

It must suck having to deal with your own mortality and realize you bring nothing to the table as a human being other than pieces of paper.

Don't forget his recently upgraded 2004 Mercedes

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...