Patriots QB Cam Newton: 'I'm getting tired of being humble'

Because if there's one word that has perfectly described Cam Newton over the years, its "humble".  lol.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-qb-cam-newton-i-m-getting-tired-of-being-humble

Patriots QB Cam Newton: 'I'm getting tired of being humble'

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

AROUND THE NFL WRITER

Cam Newton has plenty of motivation heading into the season after being cut by the Carolina Panthers and signing a bare-minimum, incentive-laden deal in New England.

The former NFL MVP is bathing in the fuel spewed by doubters.

Newton posted two videos Sunday night on Instagram shirtless, working out.

The caption of the post read: "Note to self: You are great, you are the best, you are a dog, you are a monster, you are the lion!! - My Conscious. Never let 'THEM' make YOU affect YOU."

"I'm getting tired of being humble now," Newton exclaimed.

"I'm really a killa. I'm really a killa," he said. "You hear me? I'm getting tired of all this humble s----. Because, when you're humble, they start taking advantage of you. When you don't say nothing, they start taking advantage of you. But the hyenas can be doing all of this, the elephants can be doing all of what they do, the giraffes, the antelopes, the chimpanzees, even the gorilla. But there's one (expletive) animal in the jungle and when he roars, everything stops. And I'm about to (expletive) roar."

When healthy, there is no question that Newton can roar with the best in the NFL. He hasn't been healthy, however, for years. Heading to New England after being jettisoned by the Panthers helped build a massive chip on Newton's shoulder. Bill Belichick is getting a highly motivated quarterback who could be primed for a huge bounce-back if he can stay on the field.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You hear me? I'm getting tired of all this humble s----. Because, when you're humble, they start taking advantage of you. When you don't say nothing, they start taking advantage of you. But the hyenas can be doing all of this, the elephants can be doing all of what they do, the giraffes, the antelopes, the chimpanzees, even the gorilla. But there's one (expletive) animal in the jungle and when he roars, everything stops. And I'm about to (expletive) roar."

I can’t even begin to describe how corny this was.

• Upvote 1

Irony. If someone were to make a list of least humble NFL players Cam would definitely already be likely top 5. Yeah he definitely needs top stop being humble. Next stop for Cam: sheer lunacy. I just cannot believe this situation will work. Still expect Stidham to start Cam cut in preseason

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

My thoughts exactly... 

Here I managed to get a live look into the future...you're welcome. 

20200706_121551.png

"In what could be termed a surprising move, the New England Patriots have released Cam Newton on the final week of roster cuts."

• Upvote 1