Interesting video on Adams

I mean, that’s Jamal Adams. He’s a great player. He’s very good at reading the OL. He did a video a while back where he talks about what he looks at pre snap.

The only thing I disagree with is the idea that he’s a great leader. He’s a great player who is vocal. But he’s not a leader. McLendon might be the only proven leader on our team. I’m expecting Mosley to take a leadership role and I hope Jamal and Darnold can become leaders. 

I also disagree with the idea that we should pay him whatever he wants. $16 fine. $20...no way. Those $20 mil contracts for defenders handcuff teams.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I mean, that’s Jamal Adams. He’s a great player. He’s very good at reading the OL. He did a video a while back where he talks about what he looks at pre snap.

The only thing I disagree with is the idea that he’s a great leader. He’s a great player who is vocal. But he’s not a leader. McLendon might be the only proven leader on our team. I’m expecting Mosley to take a leadership role and I hope Jamal and Darnold can become leaders. 

I also disagree with the idea that we should pay him whatever he wants. $16 fine. $20...no way. Those $20 mil contracts for defenders handcuff teams.

Jamal will never be a real leader. In his mind he already is so theres no room for growth. He's a spoiled child. I agree that Mosley will take the roll and I never have to know what his thoughts about everything are on Twitter 

This guy thinks Jamal is worth any amount, he shows Jamal's career highlights, I suppose he's wort extending or at least trying to get signed long term, JD may be waiting to cut Winters so he can use that money.  If this guy is right JD will sign him, not sure I agree Jamal is the best in the league at his

position.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

1 on a tipped ball & 1 against a guy playing his 1 NFL game in mop op duty. Wow. 

Yup. I started to watch the video and comparing him to Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu followed by the highlight of his 2 BS interceptions in 3 years that had nothing to do with his clairvoyance made me turn it off.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

1 on a tipped ball & 1 against a guy playing his 1 NFL game in mop op duty. Wow. 

Jamal is a disruptor, not a guy who will get interceptions.  He is great at reading plays, disrupting plays, and is a definite leader on the field.

Off the field, he is no leader.  defensive backfield players should be judged on:1. preventing catches and YAC. 2. Being the second line of defense against the run. 3. interceptions. 4. causing turnovers

He is the best at defending against the run, and very good at preventing YAC and causing turnovers.  He is okay at preventing catches, and no better than average at getting interceptions. 

I would give him an overall rating of 82 out of 100.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quantify this, or its a meaningless statement.

It's my opinion, which is not meaningless unless you show through your quantifying that I am incorrect.  Prove my opinion wrong, or give your own opinion and I will let you know what I think of it, and perhaps I will quantify how I disagree with it.  Apparently, the NFL players must feel the same way as I do, since he is a 2 time pro bowler.  2 Interceptions does not make him better than average in 3 years.  Do you think that all the players check out the stats before voting?  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Alka said:

Jamal is a disruptor, not a guy who will get interceptions.  He is great at reading plays, disrupting plays, and is a definite leader on the field.

Off the field, he is no leader.  defensive backfield players should be judged on:1. preventing catches and YAC. 2. Being the second line of defense against the run. 3. interceptions. 4. causing turnovers

He is the best at defending against the run, and very good at preventing YAC and causing turnovers.  He is okay at preventing catches, and no better than average at getting interceptions. 

I would give him an overall rating of 82 out of 100.

With Mosely back we don't need him to stop the run, our Dline was top 5 vs the run last year & we lost almost every LB & we're getting them all back. Let Onowsouer shoot the running gaps. GW loves playing odd fronts. 

Adams 20 million per has turned off any interested party. We either get high value or he stays. End of story. Now if he stays & Davis starts shining all the better. Humble pie.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

It's my opinion, which is not meaningless unless you show through your quantifying that I am incorrect.  Prove my opinion wrong, or give your own opinion and I will let you know what I think of it, and perhaps I will quantify how I disagree with it.  Apparently, the NFL players must feel the same way as I do, since he is a 2 time pro bowler.  2 Interceptions does not make him better than average in 3 years.  Do you think that all the players check out the stats before voting?  

Jamie Collins, who the Patriots let go in the offseason, put up similar numbers to Jamal Adams last season.  He had Adams beat in Forced Fumles (3 to 2), Sacks (7.0 to 6.5), and equalled Adams in TFLs (10), Fumble Recoveries (1) and Pass Deflections (7).  He had just 3 fewer solo tackles (61-58). 

Your opinion is wrong.  Adams is not a "disruptor", since he really doesn't do anything special in this league.  And being a "disruptor" isn't actually a thing.   Adams' reputation is far greater than his actual production.  

And for all the credit you say Jamal gets from his peers and the media, all he was worth on the trade market was a late 1st rounder and a scrub Corner.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Excellent video showing how essential Jamal is to the success of the Jets defense.  

Key attributes:  intelligence, instinctive, and plays fast.  JA is a leader on the field and well-respected by coaches and peers.

Pay him, pay the man his money - Misc - quickmeme

"Essential".

They beat the Dolphins without him and lost to the Dolphins with him in the lineup.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m glad you brought up Jamal Adams.

He never gets talked about much here. I’m curious to hear what other JN members think of him.

Not really that familiar with the guy. Some players sort of like to just come do their job and quietly do their job, never make it about themselves or try to make it about themselves. Had to look him up. Not surprised he is a SS, he probably realizes the position is low impact and low reward. Just keep you nose to the grindstone type of position so the UDFA that flashes doesnt take your role. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Essential".

They beat the Dolphins without him and lost to the Dolphins with him in the lineup.

Your cute.  Totally wrong about Jamal but cute nonetheless.  

Do you trust Joe D to build this roster?  Do you trust Greg Williams to lead this defense.  Both prefer to have Jamal on the roster.  You disagree.  I get it.  Maybe there is a reason you're not in charge.  Dude is a stud football player who makes the entire defense better.  Choosing to ignore that he's a top player in the NFL is asinine.  Pay the man.  Win a Super Bowl.

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Your cute.  Totally wrong about Jamal but cute nonetheless.  

Do you trust Joe D to build this roster?  Do you trust Greg Williams to lead this defense.  Both prefer to have Jamal on the roster.  You disagree.  I get it.  Maybe there is a reason you're not in charge.  Dude is a stud football player who makes the entire defense better.  Choosing to ignore that he's a top player in the NFL is asinine.  Pay the man.  Win a Super Bowl.

They only "want" Jamal on the roster because he's under contract for 2 more years, at a relatively cheap price.  That doesn't mean Joe Douglas "wants" Jamal Adams on the roster beyond his rookie contract.  There's no evidence to suggest he does other than empty, generic GM speak.  

And I don't care much about what Gregg Williams wants from a personnel standpoint.  He's a DC whose average stay with teams over the last decade+ has been about 2-3 years.  He'll coach whoever is given to him on defense.

You can pine for Jamal getting his money all you'd like.  It's not happening, buddy.  And he doesn't want to be here either, so it's pretty sad to be hoping for that in the first place.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They only "want" Jamal on the roster because he's under contract for 2 more years, at a relatively cheap price.  That doesn't mean Joe Douglas "wants" Jamal Adams on the roster beyond his rookie contract.  There's no evidence to suggest he does other than empty, generic GM speak.  

And I don't care much about what Gregg Williams wants from a personnel standpoint.  He's a DC whose average stay with teams over the last decade+ has been about 2-3 years.  He'll coach whoever is given to him on defense.

You can pine for Jamal getting his money all you'd like.  It's not happening, buddy.  And he doesn't want to be here either, so it's pretty sad to be hoping for that in the first place.  

He's an asset.  Keep talented players and win.  Stop acting like you have some say in Gregg Williams' future here.  You have an opinion.  Has the same value as mine.  It's sad when supposed fans of my team want to chase talented All-Pro level players off the team.  Maybe if Woody and Tanny were still running things we'd get to see the team value your opinion in player contracts.    

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

He's an asset.  Keep talented players and win.  Stop acting like you have some say in Gregg Williams' future here.  You have an opinion.  Has the same value as mine.  It's sad when supposed fans of my team want to chase talented All-Pro level players off the team.  Maybe if Woody and Tanny were still running things we'd get to see the team value your opinion in player contracts.    

lol.  No, I have no "say" in Gregg Williams' future.  I am talking about his history.  He averages 2-3 years per team.  Look it up.  

I'm not "chasing away" Jamal.  He did that himself.  He's shooting his way out of town, and has been doing that ever since last year's trade deadline.  As I was proven to be correct about that  situation, he was pissed that he DIDN'T get traded to Dallas.  Fans didn't push him out.  Joe Douglas didn't push him out.  Jamal is pushing his way out.  Period.  

Yes, your opinion has value.  It is also wrong.  And if Tannenbaum or Macc were running things, they'd have already paid Jamal Adams about $18-20M a year.  Joe Douglas is smart, so he won't be doing that.  My guess is he wants to pay Adams Eddie Jackson money, or he and his agent can look for a trade partner next year.  Jamal's choice.

Jamal's next contract will not be coming from the Jets.  Deal with it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

You know how to tell a safety isn't very good? When you have to talk about how great he is against the run and make excuses for him against the pass. It means someone else has to cover for him...literally. May as well get a linebacker.

Yup.  Dude was used as a Linebacker last year.  That's how one of the best DC's in the same thought best to use him.  There's value to that.  But the ceiling is limited.  You'll never be worth elite defensive player money as a WLB/ILB like Adams was used last season. 

And no, getting 6.5 sacks off 90 blitz attempts (10th most attempts in the league) does not make him an excellent pass rusher, either.