Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

LaDainian Tomlinson: Best decision of career was signing with the Jets

If Favre stayed we would have won at least one SB with Rex.. hell if we could have had both him and Thomas Jones maybe things change. Who knows.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty sure this was gonna be one of those “and that’s when I hit rock bottom, and it saved my life” deals.

True, but he could have chosen Minnesota.  He'd have been backing up Peterson, but still.  He had at least one other option.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That season justified my decision to join Rex Ryan and the Jets

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Mo Wilk and Tru Johnson and Revis version2.0 and Leveon Bell and Quincy Enunwa probably all said the same thing.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Mo Wilk and Tru Johnson and Revis version2.0 and Leveon Bell and Quincy Enunwa probably all said the same thing.

Wilkerson and Enunwa were drafted by the Jets.  So in their cases it would be best decision was to "sign a big 2nd contract" with the Jets.  

Wow, it’s strange seeing an article about the Jets that isn’t a hit piece 

• Upvote 2

To be honest if I was a player on the tail end of my career Id be dying to **** around with Rex. The dude was incompetent and ran our talanted roster into the ground, but GD would I love to have a beer with him. In his defence it was really Woodys fault that was a disaster. Tanny was a penny pusher put in place cause Mangini was the real GM. They thought it was a good idea to keep him around with the kid in a candy store.

27 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

To be honest if I was a player on the tail end of my career Id be dying to **** around with Rex. The dude was incompetent and ran our talanted roster into the ground, but GD would I love to have a beer with him. In his defence it was really Woodys fault that was a disaster. Tanny was a penny pusher put in place cause Mangini was the real GM. They thought it was a good idea to keep him around with the kid in a candy store.

LT was here for 2 years, most of it good, and then got out.  So from his perspective it was mostly good stuff.

It wasn't so fun for the players who were here from the final 3 games of 2011 thru 2014.

Even still, LT brought a lot of negativity in 2011 (and all of it ended up being accurate criticism):

https://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8063593/ladainian-tomlinson-gave-new-york-jets-everything-had-including-criticism

Unfortunately, his legacy with the Jets is tinged with a regrettable irony. For all the good he did, galvanizing those around him, Tomlinson hurt the team with his stinging criticism of the locker-room discord.

It happened a couple of weeks after the season, when, in an interview during Showtime's "Inside the NFL," Tomlinson poured kerosene on the fire. He said the team dissension was "as bad as I've ever been around" -- an opinion that carried enormous weight because of his stature.

In the same interview, Tomlinson said Mark Sanchez was "pampered." He also unloaded on Rex Ryan, claiming the coach's bold predictions ended up hurting the team. In five short minutes, Tomlinson -- always known as a classy, thoughtful player -- put a name and a face on the Jets' internal strife.

@JiF

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty sure this was gonna be one of those “and that’s when I hit rock bottom, and it saved my life” deals.

I mean, if he hadn't joined the Jets to get 'revenge' on the Patriots...his legacy would be this:

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Wow, it’s strange seeing an article about the Jets that isn’t a hit piece 

Agreed.  It’s nice to see some objectivity too.  Look we know better than anyone that the Jets have had bad times but the media acts like we have had a losing season for 25 years straight 😂.  There have been some good seasons in our recent history 

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LT was here for 2 years, most of it good, and then got out.  So from his perspective it was mostly good stuff.

It wasn't so fun for the players who were here from the final 3 games of 2011 thru 2014.

Even still, LT brought a lot of negativity in 2011 (and all of it ended up being accurate criticism):

https://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8063593/ladainian-tomlinson-gave-new-york-jets-everything-had-including-criticism

@JiF

He was right. Rex thrived on chaos. It worked for a short period with an amazing roster. He may have coddled Sanchez but he also threw away any chance of his development with his insane WR decisions. We handled Santonio which was probably bad enough for a young QB. Then just said **** it and brought in malcontent Derick Mason after picking up Plaxico from jail. I never believed in Sanchez but that huddle of sociopaths would have broke any young QB

• Upvote 2

It's nice to see some appreciation from LT.  The Jets did almost get him to a SB, his best chance to make one.

LT was nothing but a class act his whole career in the NFL. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

So incompetent he is only coach to make us relevant in recent history, got this player to our play thier talent.

I love your mangini was a the real gm line. Cute.

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So incompetent he is only coach to make us relevant in recent history, got this player to our play thier talent.

I want to agree with you. But you really gotta spell check or something man. 

15 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Mangini was the real GM. Everyone knows abacus Mike was just a cap guy. Rex was a better coach than Mangini, but Mangini built the talent. Specifically that offensive line. Rex was a disaster being involved in personnel decisions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Very good Jet but he'll forever be tied to the dumbest 4 play sequence in franchise history 

image.png.df5fc95af19ca6d5eac7d1dcbf8583b6.png

Is LT buttering up CJ To make a comeback? That or he needs a loan.

9 hours ago, Revis said:

Very good Jet but he'll forever be tied to the dumbest 4 play sequence in franchise history 

image.png.df5fc95af19ca6d5eac7d1dcbf8583b6.png

LT made his career diving over the top, for some reason he tried to run through Pitt.  Keller also dropped a catchable TD (though the throw was low).

With all that we got lucky getting a safety the next play and cutting the deficit to 5.  We lost because the D couldn't get the ball back to the offense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The myths of JetNation have assembled our very own Mount Rushmore!

Great point.  I almost wanted to make this comment its own thread.  Some of the unproven but lingering theories of JN:

-Mangini was our real GM

-Peyton didn't leave school early due to BP not guaranteeing he'd be the #1 overall pick

I think there are a couple more.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Couldn't handle a positive view of the Jets huh?? 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Peyton didn't leave school early due to BP not guaranteeing he'd be the #1 overall pick

Except thats exactly what has been reported 

20 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

If Favre stayed we would have won at least one SB with Rex.. hell if we could have had both him and Thomas Jones maybe things change. Who knows.

Nothing we could do.  Favre had his bags packed for Minnesota and he already had a relationship with their head coach Childress plus he already knew their offense like the back of his hand

We are lucky Rex did as much as he did inheriting no quarterbacks on the roster and having to play Buttfumblechez from day 1 with 11 starts at USC

10 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Mangini was the real GM. Everyone knows abacus Mike was just a cap guy. Rex was a better coach than Mangini, but Mangini built the talent. Specifically that offensive line. Rex was a disaster being involved in personnel decisions. 

So Terry Bradway and the multi million dollar front office didn’t exist?

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LaDainian Tomlinson (San Diego Chargers, 2001-09; New York Jets, 2010-11): In 2009, a lot of people thought I was done after recording a career-low 730 rushing yards for the San Diego Chargers. The following offseason, I knew it was time to leave San Diego and start a new chapter in my career. The best decision I could have made was signing with the New York Jets at that time. I was able to bounce back with a good season. I helped my team get to the AFC Championship Game. I was featured in a national commercial. That season justified my decision to join Rex Ryan and the Jets -- forgoing a deal with Minnesota -- and that was a great feeling.

He seems to have immortalized it on his skin

4751885474_be6726b76c_o-2.png.cc7188c80b28225b01ca19746b0a90ed.png

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Nothing we could do.  Favre had his bags packed for Minnesota and he already had a relationship with their head coach Childress plus he already knew their offense like the back of his hand

We are lucky Rex did as much as he did inheriting no quarterbacks on the roster and having to play Buttfumblechez from day 1 with 11 starts at USC

I think I just saw a report talking about how close Favre was to staying with the Jets after that season.

This might not be as true as some think