LaDainian Tomlinson: Best decision of career was signing with the Jets

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Link?

Its been reported a million times.  Archie asked his good friend Parcells if he would guarantee the Jets would take his son, Bill said he couldn't if a team made some crazy offer like in the Ricky Williams deal.  It was also reported that Archie was scared out of his mind that the Saints and all their bad mojo would make a trade offer that Bill wouldn't commit to passing down.

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its been reported a million times.  Archie asked his good friend Parcells if he would guarantee the Jets would take his son, Bill said he couldn't if a team made some crazy offer like in the Ricky Williams deal.  It was also reported that Archie was scared out of his mind that the Saints and all their bad mojo would make a trade offer that Bill wouldn't commit to passing down.

Parcells was in it for the short term and wanted to win within 2 years and get out. He knew he was walking into a talented team that underachieved because of inept coaching and he didn't want to trust it to a rookie QB.  People forget that back then it was extremely rare to be able to win with a rookie.  I think the last time it happened was 1984 with Marino and wouldn't happen again until Ben in 2004.

This is why he wouldn't commit to taking Peyton even though he would have if he came out.  Parcells was a great coach, he helped turn around this franchise but he cost us a combo of Peyton and BB or Brady and BB (which would have made the Pats dynasty our dynasty).

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There are a lot of things that get said many times that aren't necessarily true.  Not saying that this isn't true btw but just that I don't know either way. 

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

LT made his career diving over the top, for some reason he tried to run through Pitt.  Keller also dropped a catchable TD (though the throw was low).

With all that we got lucky getting a safety the next play and cutting the deficit to 5.  We lost because the D couldn't get the ball back to the offense

Why even get creative passing on 2nd and 3rd? Run Shonn Greene 4x and let the chips fall where they go

On 7/6/2020 at 10:36 AM, Patriot Killa said:

He has team logo’s on the back of both of his calf muscles. Chargers logo & a Jets logo.

Beating the Patriots in that road playoff game is one of the greatest moments of his career.  It was sweet revenge for a guy who, like us, had a hatred of the cheating Patriots and couldn't get past them in the AFC for so many years.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I think I just saw a report talking about how close Favre was to staying with the Jets after that season.

This might not be as true as some think 

That report is bullsh*t.  Favre had his bags packed for Minnesota before he came to the Jets.  The original trade had all kinds of sh*t in it to keep us from dealing him to the Vikings.  **** him.  It's not like he wouldn't have sh*t the bed and thrown a stupid INT in the championship game anyway.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That report is bullsh*t.  Favre had his bags packed for Minnesota before he came to the Jets.  The original trade had all kinds of sh*t in it to keep us from dealing him to the Vikings.  **** him.  It's not like he wouldn't have sh*t the bed and thrown a stupid INT in the championship game anyway.

I don’t know, I just said I heard the report.  
The trade parameters didn’t come from Favre.  They were put in place by GB because they knew he wanted to go Minny at that time.  Everyone figured as much.  He came to the Jets fairly cheap with the hit in draft picks if we turned around and dealt him to the Vikes and gained picks.  Understandable 
Nothing in the trade to us said he had one year and had to go.  I think he initially, at least had visions of going to the Vikings and screwing GB but a year later, who knows. 

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The trade parameters didn’t come from Favre.  They were put in place by GB because they knew he wanted to go Minny at that time.  Everyone figured as much.  He came to the Jets fairly cheap with the hit in draft picks if we turned around and dealt him to the Vikes and gained picks.  Understandable 
Nothing in the trade to us said he had one year and had to go.  I think he initially, at least had visions of going to the Vikings and screwing GB but a year later, who knows. 

Who knows?  We all know.  It is exactly what he did. **** him and his copper fit Wranglers.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2020 at 1:40 PM, Reynolds1029 said:

If Favre stayed we would have won at least one SB with Rex.. hell if we could have had both him and Thomas Jones maybe things change. Who knows.

WOW, Good point, I never looked at it that way but..man, are you correct.

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

WOW, Good point, I never looked at it that way but..man, are you correct.

Sure. Maybe if Favre actually told someone on the coaching staff that he was injured it might have changed things. Too bad the selfish dickhead didn't care. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Favre never wanted to be here and he played like it. The Jets made the deal knowing this but hoping he would like it here and they going convince him to stay.  He did like it here but not enough to want to stay, his goal was to beat GB and he accomplished that in 2009 though GB got the last laugh in 2010.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:40 PM, Reynolds1029 said:

If Favre stayed we would have won at least one SB with Rex.. hell if we could have had both him and Thomas Jones maybe things change. Who knows.

He played on better teams in GB and Minnesota around that time and couldn't even get to the SB.

Actually, if we had Sanchez in 2008 we would have won the SB.

Favre never wanted to be here and played like it. We didn't get the 2007 or 2009 versions of Favre which were great BUT he still kept both teams out of the SB.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Favre never wanted to be here and he played like it. The Jets made the deal knowing this but hoping he would like it here and they going convince him to stay.  He did like it here but not enough to want to stay, his goal was to beat GB and he accomplished that in 2009 though GB got the last laugh in 2010.

And as I said there was an article that said they were really close to a year two.

No one knows, your guess is as good as others