Mehta at it agin - re: Marcus Maye now

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's not even fair.  Gase made Peyton Manning the player he is so how can I counter-argue?

What I said has zero to do with performance on the field or the lame argument if Gase made Peyton or Peyton made Gase. We all know Peyton didnt need Gase, but he still thought highly of him. 

"Maye has just four career interceptions and two forced fumbles to go with 0.5 sacks. He simply hasn't been a playmaker on the football. "

So lets pay a guy who has two ints, 6 FF despie being up on the line all game 18 million a year.

Maye is meh and won't be a big loss but he has made as many if not more 'big plays' than jamal'

Also so what if Gase wanted to move Maye?  He traded Lee very quick and no one said boo.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, the Jets are so hard up for talent that they should hold on to every player that has it. Marcus Maye is a talented player. With that said, I understand Maye is probably going to want top dollar to resign and the Jets just can't invest top dollar on two safeties. The Jets are definitely going to pay Jamal Adams. They'd be idiots if they didn't. Given the fact that Davis is a likely and obvious replacement for Maye, I like the thought of trading him and potentially getting a top pick for him in trade. 

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"Maye has just four career interceptions and two forced fumbles to go with 0.5 sacks. He simply hasn't been a playmaker on the football. "

So lets pay a guy who has two ints, 6 FF despie being up on the line all game 18 million a year.

Maye is meh and won't be a big loss but he has made as many if not more 'big plays' than jamal'

Also so what if Gase wanted to move Maye?  He traded Lee very quick and no one said boo.

My thoughts exactly. Two more interceptions than the guy Mehta thinks should be paid blindly. Wonderful playmaker. Wonderful article.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

07301A19-BFE0-49C5-8932-DD7D9BB668F6.thumb.jpeg.f99f1fd8c09fff147e62a2ab0ab57b25.jpeg

I guess this would be a better example of Reid being a fan of the wildcat.

You asked a question: who uses the wildcat in 2019?  I'm just answering the question man. As much as I'm not sold on Gase, I know there are other teams that run the Wildcat, and there's also a huge difference when you're running it for fun and when you're running it to cover up massive talent deficiencies.

Pssshh.  Like Andy Reid knows anything about offense.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

was thinking about Manning/Gase...

he had 2 big bodied WRs with good hands who could run good routes...(Dt and Dex)

the bodies we have, save Crowder, at WR are big....

and lastly, Manning went to the SB with 4 different HCs. THAT kind of talent blossoms regardless of who the HC is.

Truth is never going to be absolute. Adam could be screaming - god dammit! can i just catch a break here?! - when it comes to QB play, or Oline etc.. 

But we all watch a lot of football. Sometimes you don't need 16,000 hrs of film and NFL-forensic officers to tell you it's not working. I'm worried the "genius" of Adam Gase was a mirage of the personnel+situation he had briefly in DEN... just like The FOLES MAGIC is really just a product of Doug Peterson's universe.

The body of evidence is really not favorable, for Gase. He had big WRs in CHI, didn't work. He had YAC guys in MIA. still didn't work... "He needs a QB!"... lol, no sh*t, who doesn't? For all the woes of the 2019 Jets - we DID have Robbie deep threat Anderson, Levy Bell, the highest paid SLOT WR in Crowder, and it was largely a puke show. 

There's always gonna be a mono* story though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Truth is never going to be absolute. Adam could be screaming - god dammit! can i just catch a break here?! - when it comes to QB play, or Oline etc.. 

But we all watch a lot of football. Sometimes you don't need 16,000 hrs of film and NFL-forensic officers to tell you it's not working. I'm worried the "genius" of Adam Gase was a mirage of the personnel+situation he had briefly in DEN... just like The FOLES MAGIC is really just a product of Doug Peterson's universe.

The body of evidence is really not favorable, for Gase. He had big WRs in CHI, didn't work. He had YAC guys in MIA. still didn't work... "He needs a QB!"... lol, no sh*t, who doesn't? For all the woes of the 2019 Jets - we DID have Robbie deep threat Anderson, Levy Bell, the highest paid SLOT WR in Crowder, and it was largely a puke show. 

There's always gonna be a mono* story though. 

He won't have any convenient excuses this year.  Finish outside of the top 20 offenses and Gase should be on the hot seat.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He won't have any convenient excuses this year.  Finish outside of the top 20 offenses and Gase should be on the hot seat.

and there's always a Matt Rhule story to keep you up at night... ?

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

The body of evidence is really not favorable, for Gase.

i do agree.

was just thinking out loud...  manning made most of his hay, short intermediate routes, timing, yac and consistency...

with big, solid, not spectacular wrs.

i mean..  harrison...  hof'er...    but he didnt hafta make acrobatic 50/50 catches as i recall, nor did dt or dex...   

i get the feel sammy baby acn make most of those throws most of the time if its in/on time, in rythymn...

what i cannot get a feel of is...how does sammy see the field and how quick does his processor work?

again..  i am sayig idk...   and also that i can see his intermediate/short game can work...

• Upvote 1

i think i need to be clear though (as i'm sure all of us would agree): Nothing would make me happier than to find out this year that Adam's program is coming together and we see some good football. Winning football. The days of me being out to see ppl fail are long gone.... idc who they are, just whatever it takes man. I want to be energized in December and hopeful in january. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

In typical Jet fan fashion we would much rather blame a reporter than accept the horrible level of incompetence of our head coach and, even worse, our ownership for hiring him in the first place.

Without Adam Gase we still have Mike Maccagnan as our GM.  I know that would make you happy, because we'd have likely signed Conklin and overpaid Robby Anderson and Jamal Adams.  But trading in GM's was actually a good thing.  

We get it.  Gase sucks as a HC.  Hardly anyone disagrees with this notion.  Your boy Manish is still a massive tool.  And for the record, he fully supported the hire when it happened.  

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Jetster said:

Mehta keeps posting these headlines like they're a hit piece on Gase & knowledgeable Jet fans are like....damn, Adam Gase is one smart MOFO. 

With Gase & JD, I think we've got a good duo here. 

i hope you are right.  i don't any problems with any of the personnel moves and opinions attributed to gase.  just how much of the teams strong finish was due to gase and how much to darnold is a matter of debate.  but it did show that gase/darnold could win without a decent supporting cast.  now that things are supposedly better, the team should be very good this season.

23 hours ago, JTJet said:

If Mehta were to be believed... 

Who exactly DOES Gase like? It defies logic that Gase hates every player and every player seems to hate Gase. 

I bet that Manish has a team poster in his office and just throws darts at it to pick the player he features in each article. 

Frank Gore hated Gase in Miami, didn't you hear?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Without Adam Gase we still have Mike Maccagnan as our GM.  I know that would make you happy, because we'd have likely signed Conklin and overpaid Robby Anderson and Jamal Adams.  But trading in GM's was actually a good thing.  

We get it.  Gase sucks as a HC.  Hardly anyone disagrees with this notion.  Your boy Manish is still a massive tool.  And for the record, he fully supported the hire when it happened.  

this has to be the worst case for covering for adam gase, the whole mccagnan thing.

Gase is a terrible coach, not for the reasons that dumb ass Manish says (remember manish bleated like a goat how good of a hire this was in the 1st place)

Gase is a terrible coach because his offenses are awful, pure awful and there is a chance he wrecks our young QB.

Even when Manish is right about a player or coach it is for all the wrong reasons.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

this has to be the worst case for covering for adam gase, the whole mccagnan thing.

Gase is a terrible coach, not for the reasons that dumb ass Manish says (remember manish bleated like a goat how good of a hire this was in the 1st place)

Gase is a terrible coach because his offenses are awful, pure awful and there is a chance he wrecks our young QB.

Even when Manish is right about a player or coach it is for all the wrong reasons.

What does this have to do with what I stated?  I agree with you that Gase sucks at coaching football.  

I'm also thankful for him for getting us rid of Macc (wouldn't have happened without Gase intervention) and bringing us a real GM in JD (also wouldn't have happened without a Gase intervention).

By 2022 Gase will be gone and we'll still have Douglas as the GM and adult in the room.  Thus, Gase will have left things far better than he found them, regardless of his W-L record here.  Thanks, Adam.  Hopefully the next coach doesn't suck at coaching (and to that end, hopefully its JD's decision who we hire).

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

In typical Jet fan fashion we would much rather blame a reporter than accept the horrible level of incompetence of our head coach and, even worse, our ownership for hiring him in the first place.

You are something else ? .  Look we all wish we had better owners and I’m not a Gase fan but you constantly blame the Jets fir everything.  According to you every move or no move is awful.  It gets tiring Dude 

• Upvote 1